“Pleasant surprise.”

Lime n Soda Beach Front Resort
Ranked #22 of 137 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at one of the cheapest bungalows, and after reading some of the reviews here ("It's like a jail cell!") I didn't expect much, but it was actually really really nice! Sure, the bungalow wasn't big, but it sure wasn't a cell either with white walls, comfortable bed, cabinet for clothes and a writing desk. Only problem was that the wifi didn't reach up to our bungalow, so we had to go and lounge by the pool to use our computers - horrible, I tell you, horrible!

Anyway, the resort area itself was amazing, with beach bar, pool, palm trees, ping pong table and friendly staff. The baked potatoes at the restaurant were delicious! One of the waitresses was always a little grumpy, but most were friendly.

We also rented a motorbike through the resort and kept it for more than a week even though we only stayed at Lime n Soda for three nights. It was a really good bike, cabable of climbing the big hills with ease (something that our previous bike really had trouble with) and only 150baht/day! Recommended. I still miss that bike and the fun times that we had.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at Lime N Soda for five nights over the half moon in January. I was very pleased with the bungalow and how nicely laid out the resort was. Everyday we saw gardeners maintaining the paths and plants around the resort. The food at the restaurant was good, I especially liked the green curry. Prices were not that cheap but that is too be expected in a resort spot. There is not much of a beachfront unfortunately but there is a pool. The pool never looked very clean while we were there but I used it anyways. The resort also has ping pong tables and a beach volleyball court. I found the surrounding Thongsala area to be rather lacking in charm or fun things to do, but would still recommend Lime N Soda, especially to couples who just want a bit of a relaxing resort stay.

Room Tip: The "soda" bungalows are a bit more expensive than the smallest "mint" size but...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Likes - lovely staff, big comfortable double bed, great food (good price for resort) Dislikes - smell of the toilet in the bungalow is horrible also was a coch roach in there at one point, hardly any sinners at pool area, loads of Mosquitos in room, £40 a night for one bungalow no hot water and no aircon is so overpriced understand its new year and full moon party but the resort is 35 mins away from the full moon location!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I arranged to stay here for one night at 20 USD ahead of time so that when I arrived by ferry, I would have a spot to put my stuff and explore to find a bungalow to stay in for a week. It is a quick tuk tuk ride from the ferry. The grounds are well kept and here is a pleasant atmosphere. The pool is nice, there is a bar by the ocean and there is a decent restaurant on the premises. The rooms are in secure hut like structures. They are simple and clean, with a porch to chill on. This is not a ritzy place by any means, but it is a good jumping place. If you are here the full or half moon parties, this place could work for you, but they are not within walking distance by any means to either but you can arrange transportation. The beach is not as nice as other spots on the island. My friend ended up staying here as he was on a tighter budget and negotiated his room to 15 USD per night for a week. You can rent a scooter for 5 USD per day and explore the island, just be careful when riding! I ended up finding the perfect spot for me on the northern part of the island called Mae Haad, and shacked up in a beach Bungalow for about 30 USD a night. It was so nice and I miss that place. Koh Phangan is an amazing island that has so much to offer. I long to return there one day!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we were taken away by how stunning the resort is. The whole place is lovely, the restaurant and pool all facing the private beach. The food in the restaurant is so nice, some of the nicest we have had in Thailand and we have been here a month! I recommed the muslim/massaman curry. The resort is also kept spotless and the staff are always cleaning and tidying up. The staff are so friendly and always say hello when passing you. They definitely helped make our stay a good one!! We had the cheapest room which had a cold water shower, which after the initial shock, isn't too bad. The room was spotless and was cleaned everyday. They had several activities on offer including ping pong and volley ball, games for in the pool and also games for in the restaurant which is very handy when it is pouring down with rain. The only thing that wasnt great for us was the location, there isn't much to so in thong sala and so one night we went to haad rin which costs 200 for a return per person. We were definitely glad we weren't staying there! Overall a fantastic stay and I would highly recommend lime n soda if you want peace and quiet!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

staff: helpful and very friendly.
rooms: ensuite, fan or A/C, mosquito net, wardrobe, only 1 plug though in the whole room! fan was good enough for us. my friends had A/C which was very cool. quiet at night.
location: not great. it's on an unlit back road and a fairly long walk from restaurants etc. no hot water. ~200baht each to go to Had Rin in open back truck. ~300baht each to Koh Ma (based on 5 people sharing truck. resort is close to black moon party location.
facilities: security box in reception, good bar with music, restaurant area with TV and amazing food, table tennis, pool table, swimming pool, volley ball, massage, hammocks, located right on the sea front. wifi was good when near bar and reception but didn't work in either of our rooms.

we were here for 3 nights. very nice surroundings - sand, woodchip paths, grass, all very well maintained. food was very nice! reasonable prices for food and drink. football on the TV if requested. has its own beach area but a lot of people avoided the sea because of jellyfish. there are lots of dogs around this resort.

i would stay here again because it is lovely however i wouldn't stay longer than 3 days because of the poor location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

For 1000bht, you really can't go wrong. Its walking distance right off the Pier, close to all essentials and the best restaurant in Thailand ( Beach lounge), decent beach (not picturesque, but very adequate). Rooms were very clean and bug free. Friendly staff and easy to book further travel.

The negatives. They don't have windows that open in the room, would have been lovely to hear the ocean as our first room was so close. There is a light for ever room/bungalow right out side the front door. Its gotta be the brightest bulb on the market, which is fine for safety, however the white window shade does nothing to block the light and there is no switch to shut it off. I found that very annoying. Relaxing on the beach they have is tough because if Disney's fantasia isn't blasting its some other cheezy music, not sure what they were going for but natural sound would have been better, maybe lower the music at the bar next to the beach. Again minor stuff that wouldn't prevent me from staying there as location is great. Only had breakfast, which was good and good coffee. Prices on food and drink were kind of high. For dinner go to beach lounge, its #1 on tripadvisor and a 5 min walk, same prices as hotel.

Finally. DO NOT RENT A SCOOTER FROM THERE! the man who rents isn't affiliated with the hotel, I think, but they have him there. Day 1, I get a scooter 150bht, fair price. Take pictures etc. Later on I go through one of the terrible jungle roads and after a million times pushing this weak thing up a hill (I weigh 170lbs) it and I fall. Very minor dirt and tiny scratch. When I return he instantly sees it, laughed at me and charged me an additional 200bht. Second bike, I switch because then other was a pile. I try to be extra careful, only paved roads. I park and the kickstand gives way, bike falls. Two tiny scratches. So I take it to a car wash because god knows he will see. He again instantly notices and laughs at me, but didn't charge more. I had to turn it in early because of my early departure the next day and he wouldn't cut me a break on the price. The guy is a jerk and he does anything in his power to find anything wrong with the bike. I understand, extra money for him. Just take my advice and dont rent from him. He was the bump on a perfect experience for the island. Enjoy!