“Good place, bad staff”

Ranked #19 of 132 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Toulouse, France
“Good place, bad staff”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Its a good and relax place but we had some problem with 2 staff member. The cashier/waitress at the breakfast pn 17th december made a mistake with my order and said that she doesnt care, that is my problem and if I want what I ask I have to order again and paid again because as she said she will not paid for me. It was her mistake and she was so rude, I never saw this in any place before. I ask for her name and she refused to give me. All the others girls at the restaurant was friendly, smiley and come to apologize for this rude girl! But after that I had my breakfast in another place. The other thing is we ask twice if we can stay more nights in a same kind of room. And two times the boy at the reception in the afternoon said " sorry we are fully book tomorrow, you can stay in a superior room only" obviously more expensive. We saw on the computer that the room was available for 3 more nights but it said no anyway. So I had to book again trought booking.com and have the same room and no need to change. I think he just tried to sell me something more expensive and that the girl at the reception in the morning confirm me!! Also when you ask for clean the room you need to know that clean means for them make the bed only.
Its a very good place but we will not recommended and never come back because of the staff.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Mochillaquechua

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed here in a budget room which was still x10 better than most places I've stayed over the 9 months I've been on the go! I thought this place was a real gem to be honest!

The rooms are nice and very clean and they will even clean you're room everyday if you ask them to! It felt like I was actually on holiday during my stay and not on my travels!

The location is fine and the staff are friendly!

The pool is great and it has a bar and restaurant which is a little steep price wise (to be fair this is probably my only negative) but I guess I should expect that from a resort! It is also on the beach and seating overlooking a great sunset if you're lucky!

You can hire moto's for £3 per day which is great also!

All in all value wise I think this place is great and even if I was here for a week or two I'd be buzzing (sorry I have written this as a traveller and not a holiday maker) but either would be happy here!

No complaints and I would recommend in a heartbeat!!!

Little tip for people staying here... If you are doing the full/half moon parties get a taxi from the guy across the road out front at the moto shop! He offers it up at half the cost of the hotel! He's very friendly also!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank John M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Unfortunately we fell victim to the infamous Took-Took scams and were ripped off by a Travel Agent in Bangkok who tried to send us to some appalling bungalows, we found Lime and Soda of our own accord. Paid 600 Bt a night for an Air Con room. Fantastic views, nice food, very friendly staff, clean and helpful. Made our trip worthwhile and would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Koh Phangan. Do not expect 5* facilities but it is definitely worth the money. Barman Joe was great fun!

Room Tip: Make sure you barter with the room price and use external taxis and the Lime & Soda taxi can be...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at this resort for 2 nights for my diving trip in Koh Phangan. The location of the resort is wonderful, it's about 7-10 minutes walk to the main pier and the local market. For people who come here for full moon party, which is at Haad Rin, this resort may not be a good option then. (It's about 15-50 minutes ride by taxi or motorbike.) First of all, the price of the rooms here are impeccable. There are basic fun bungalow with cold water only and air-con rooms with hot shower. Got the basic fan bungalow for less than 500baht. The rooms are nicely maintained by the passionate housekeepers, and they provide you new towels whenever you want. Be sure you prepare your own sanitary stuffs (such as toothbrush, shampoo, etc.) if you want to stay at basic fan bungalow then. Secondly, the service. Everyone here, literally EVERYONE, are nice and sincere. Especially the assistant GM, he takes care of the customers as if they are his family. Other facilities such as the pool bar and the restaurant are all good as well. They staff is friendly and I even felt that some of them are better than the staff working in W or Sofitel. Next time I return to Koh Phangan, I am pretty sure I'll come back here again.

Room Tip: For anyone who wishes to use free wifi in his one own room, try to get a room closer to the receptio...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This review is a little late, as we stayed 5 days earlier in the year, & I can't believe I overlooked reviewing this quaint little resort!
Walking distance from the ferry port, winding thru what appears to be very 'authentic' neighborhoods we found the Lime & Soda. Meandering up the path thru lush bamboo & beautiful flowers to check in, the laid back vibe is immediate. This has to be one of the most relaxing places we've ever been!
The entire place was immaculate and the friendliest staff ever greet you daily. The view of Koh Samui across the water is stunning! The food available with nightly specials & drink specials, WONDERFUL! We highly recommend trying the BBQ platter of seafood & meats.
At the time of our visit, the new bar was still being built, but there was a little mini bar of sorts & pool table set up in the outdoor dining area
Our room was very basic, the shower is just part of the bathroom, rather than separate & within the bathroom. The TV had very little to offer, but with such beauty outside we spent very little time in the room, to be fair. Housekeeping came daily, and everything was just as beautiful & clean as day one.
We originally booked a US $12 per night room, just in case we weren't happy with what we found at the resort, however, fell in love right away, and booked into the beach front villa with A/C which I think was about $30 per night-
Joe, Ko, Tat became like sons to me- their charming smiles, and fantastic sense of humor, and the way they looked out for our every need, we were spoiled. I had inquired about the Buddhist Monastery, and Ko & Tat arranged to take us the next day- ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!
I highly recommend a massage on the property, by the sea view- that woman was the BEST- and I was out like a light by the end of it!
I know I'm not mentioning everyone, but I cannot brag enough about the staff- EVERY ONE of them all, from Reception, to the drivers, to the cooks & chef, to housekeeping & food/drinks service- Beautiful people who are an asset to the resort.
If you're looking for 5star high end luxury, this is not for you- if you're looking for clean, safe, friendly & welcoming- with a BEAUTIFUL view as you lounge around, great food/drinks & lovely staff-at a very affordable budget- go for Lime & Soda!
ps I understand the "Full Moon Party" each month is a blast- and rooms book fast- but If you're up for a more peaceful time, avoid the full moon weekend altogether

Room Tip: Go for the bigger bungalow sea view- BEAUTIFUL!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

When we first checked into our supposedly 'clean' room I went into the bathroom, lifted up the toilet lid only to find pretty much the most disgusting sight I have EVER seen-there was (EXPLOSIVE!) diarrhea ALL over the toilet, it was so disgusting I was almost sick!! cleaners had obviously not lifted the toilet to clean it before allowing new guests in which I thought was terrible?? We immediatly moved rooms (actually thought about leaving if that was the standards of the place!) The rooms smell really bad (even without that in the toilet!!) the bathroom stinks of drains and to cover it up they have obviously poured bleach all over it but that just makes it ten times worse, we had to air out the room for hours. The pool and bar area are nice, but there isnt much of a beach. Staff are nice and friendly and the breakfast is good too but unfortunatly the rooms just arent that great... also dont book a boat through them, they try to charge 550bht to get to Samui and at the pier it was only 300.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks during a down time part of out Thailand travels, it was great, rooms were clean, pool was nice and staff go a long way to make you feel welcome. It is not too far from the Full Moon Party area but for enough away that you don't have to deal with the aftermath! I would hire a hotel scooter and tour the island, we did and it was amazing, stopping off to feed elephants on the side of the road and then going on the Haad Rin which is the more party orientated end of the island. Locally there is a great food market with great food at even better prices. It was a great stay and look out for their cocktail offers served up by to chatty Burmese guys.

Room Tip: Get an air con room....the fanned ones can get a little stuffy!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends