“Ok Open water” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pirate Divers

Pirate Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Divers is located in Haad Salad, mentioned in the lonely planet as one of the most beautiful beaches in island. We offer a wide range of Padi Courses, including Bubble Makers for children for children. Our Aim... Here at Pirate Divers our Padi Pros always strive to give there best in customer service and attention to detail. With guaranteed small groups you are sure to walk away with an unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ok Open water”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I did the open water in early january. It was my first experience with diving. The instructors did a decent job in the theory part and I felt that they cared about safety and wanted me to understand the equipment etc.

Doing the skills with a british instructor was also ok except he seemed a little bit bored, not really enthusiastic about teaching.

Last day we went to sail rock which was a little bit dissapointing because the visibility was bad + the amount of divers (at least 100 in the water around sail rock, over 10 big boats). I think i got a basic tour at the rock: through a 'chimney' and going around trying not to hit other divers.

After the dive at the office, i had to ask to get my logbook because the instructor forgot to give it to me. I only got the bare facts: lenght, depth, site, stamp, signature. There was no fish identifying or such. Also he filled the temporary padi permit wrong, adding the dive date as my birth date. (i noticed later)

All in all, I was satisfied with the open water course. I think the instructor was maybe a bit ill or having a rough week.

1 Thank slwm123

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boise
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best dive operation on island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went looking for dive operation when we first got to Koh Phangan, and went no further when we saw this place. They have first class, well maintained equipment, a superb, helpful, and knowledgeable staff, and great knowledge of diving around the island. The best part is the owner Nick. He is young but very gracious and knowledgeable. Not only that but he is very wise, well travelled, and an interesting character. We spent several evenings sharing experiences about various diving adventures in our respective pasts. Even better was our dive master Moike. He is a Fin but speaks good English and has an amazingly varied past. We felt absolutely comfortable trusting our lives to him. He knows all the dive sites intimately and showed us many amazing things of the underwater flora and fauna. If you want to hear great stories and do the best diving on the island, seek out Pirate Divers. It is a small and personable operation (generally only a few divers in any group-not like the dive factories on Koh Tao. Couldn't ask for a better dive operation or a better experience and we made two great new friends.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Poppylinc
Bangkok, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I did my PADI Advanced Diver Course with Pirate Divers. They were very accomodating in setting me up with short notice. Their equipment was nice and their boat was well equiped for diving. The best part was the location! They took me to Sail Rock, which is one of the best sites I've been to. WHALE SHARKS!!!

Shout out to my instructors Darran and Loren - thanks for the fun guys!

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Just very nice people, relaxed and friendly, I can really recommend them. Its a smaller divers center but the people working there understand their business. If you look for relaxed and uncomplicate people, just try Pirate Divers. Maybe they are not as big as other diving centers but they are much more friendly and helpful. When we went to Sail Rock with them, we met also other diving schools there and the dive masters from behaved very strange, arrogant and unfriendly to people that where not their customers.

Warsaw, Poland
“Super !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Me and my frieds did AOW course and we were very happy because of friendship stuff and quality of this course. They are very professional and if you want to improve your knowledge about diving I recommend to do this in this school. I recommend our instructor Rada - she is very helpful, professional and thanks to her we discovered diving in Thailand. aPART FOTTHIS SHE HAS A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOUR Thanks Rada !!! Marek