“Good experience”

Kite Boarding Asia - Koh Phangan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kiteboardingasia is Koh Phangan's only kite school with international certified instructor, insurance and IKO/KSA international certification.We can teach in English, German, Spanish, French and Thai! Follow us on Facebook!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
hua hin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I did a 3 day kitesurfing beginner course with KBA and it was a very good experience. The equipment was new and I felt my instructor had focus on safety something who is important for me.
I really enjoyed my stay and in 3 days I felt I had good progression and at the 3rd day I was kiteing by myself.

I also get my certificate, this was also important for to be with a school who is part of a international organization and not just a small stand alone school without any guidelines.

I can highly recommend this school.

1 Thank BT k

• Thai first
Patong, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great times, professionnal team and so much fun!”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I went with one of my friends to KBA Phuket in mid January and my experience couldn't have been more different to Kevin's...

I had a really great time with all the crew and found them really professionnal and safety oriented. Ok some of the bouyancy aids were a little sun faded but they were still functional. I didn't see any of the 2 other kiteschool's students wearing bouyancy aid or helmet. The kite I flew was an Air rush Lithium and the newest model.

I found the spot in Chalong very nice and great for learning (water is waist deep when the tides are up).
I also got my gear from them, and I can tell you straight away that the prices were 20-30% cheaper than what I found on internet back in europe. They are honest, all the prices are visible and they found the right gear for me for the right price. I was overwhelmed by the selection of kites and boards but their advice was invaluable.
Sunglasses? in a kiteshop? lol, don't be so innocent! you can buy for 200 baht on the street anywhere in Thailand.
Anyway great time, I'm wondering if he is talking about the same school???

3 Thank J S
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a lot of fun!!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I had a three day Iko course, at the new 'Surf House' at Ban tai, with great instruction, using new equipment, thoroughly enjoed it. Theres a great friendly atmosphere there, where after a days kiting you can relax under the bamboo huts sip on a cold beer and watch the sun go down. They even have accomodation there so next time im in town thats were i'll lay my head. Couldn't reccomened it highly enough, plus its the only kite school on the Island.

2 Thank jmc1436
seattle
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“kiteboard asia gave me a crappy lesson”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

i signed up for an intermediate lesson, and they put me in a class with a guy with 5 hours of experience. as a result the instructor, Tim, had to spend all his time with the other guy. so i basically payed double for what amounted to a kite rental (on nice, new gear, though)

my recomendation, get a private lesson instead. and if the cost is an issue (expensive at KBA) go with One2Kite instead. their private lessons are much cheaper.

5 Thank seattledirtbag
micarnoux, Owner at Kite Boarding Asia - Koh Phangan, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I sincerely apologize if your instructor has spent most part of your lesson commited to the other student but it was probably because you were doing pretty well. Also Tim at the time understood it very early if he gave you each student one kite. Any way, having our students improving and happy is a must at KBA Koh phangan, if you get chance to come back to Koh Phangan for holidays, I will be more than happy to offer you free private lesson or free day full Kite gear rental as your level must be now Independant kiter. Wish you are still having lot of fun with our sport and please accept our sincere apologize. Mica