“'Unlucky' if you end up here !”
Review of Lucky Crab

Lucky Crab
Ranked #324 of 399 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
London
“'Unlucky' if you end up here !”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner as it was recommended in Lonely Planet's guide on Thailand for the best seafood in Hat Rin. Arrived just as everyone was leaving so we were the only people there. Ordered from the enormous menu (probably should've realised at this point that they wouldn't be able to make every single thing on the menu well). My boyfriend ordered a burger which came in 10 minutes yet it was completely the wrong one and we couldn't even find what it was on the menu! I ordered a tuna steak with garlic butter (came with a baked potato). It came 40 minutes after my boyfriends burger and was horrible - dry and tasteless, such a waste of money. Also outside on the board they write 70 baht/100g yet they didn't ask how much I wanted and charged me 300baht. Would definitely not return here again !! Try out MonaLisa next door, they make the most amazing pizzas or just any small Thai place!

• Hebrew first
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Great Meals”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Returned here each a meal. Great meals and all at great prices. The atmosphere was nice and the staff were pleasant.

Visited June 2014
“It was okay”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

For some reason the people in Thailand don't know the meaning of a appetizer. We order various meals, the food was Okey, not specially good or bad. Prices where Oké. After we finished our dinner we got the appetizer. Therefor 3 stars

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food! Shame about the service!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Ko pangan is full of restaurants and bars... And it's difficult to know which one to go to. We chose lucky crab because of the sea food stall outside.
Food: fantastic... Ate more than once, had great tuna, great shark, I recommend the garlic n butter sauce! We had the big prawns n the massaman curry n their egg fried rice.... Everything we ate was amazing!
Service: shocking! We waited 45mins the first night for our barbqd fish with no apology, they delivered the wrong rice the first time and when we sent it back the second rice didn't appear until we had finished eating.
The second time we came to eat we asked the waiter to bring our starters first and our mains after... This was repeated 3 times... Yet all arrived at the same time!
All in all if you love seafood especially... Come here, but don't expect any service!

• Visited February 2014
Vasteras, Sweden
“Food poisoning”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Was there 10 years ago and me and my friend got food poisoned of the chicken kiev.

Now me and my friend was there in january 2014. Saw that the restaurant was still there so after a few days I said: but ok we can eat there. The place is still around so how bad can it be?

Not a friendly welcome, the placemats was torn apart and the menu was a bible.
We should have seen the signs and left but instead we ordered.
I took the mexican plate. The food came in and the guacemole was rotten! I asked how they could serve me this and they said that they didn't have any fresh one! Really!?
My brother took pasta carbonara and it was a plate of scrambled eggs.

Now I finally know! NEVER to eat here again.

• Visited January 2014