“Average”
Review of Ibiza Bungalow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Ibiza Bungalow
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Little bit older bungalow without hot water, but the location is nice - right on the beach Haad Yao. Prices are also average - 700 baht for a room with a fan. When we drove along the western coast, Haad Yao was the most beautiful beach. At the beginning of Nowember there were only 20 people on the beach.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ibiza is located beautifully on the beach. The sunset is gorgeous.
The restaurant serves excellent food - be aware that the place has its own system: No waiters - you choose from the menu and put your order on a small piece of white paper. Give it to one of the staff members and you will be served excellent and very tasty food.
The place is basic, and we would not recommend walking under the coconut trees - since the staff is not that good at removing the coconuts from the trees, before they fall to the ground themselves...
Going back to Haad Yao we would choose to upscale a bit (that is find another place on the beach and use Ibiza for the food).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights in July 2013. It is on a small beach, but there are several bars and places to eat. The room was clean and spacious, and the hammock on the patio was a huge plus! All of the food we had there was delicious. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The only downside, if you really like to swim in deeper water, is that the coral kept the water at the beach at about 2 feet deep for the first 50 or so meters out. We had a great time though and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed in one of the beach bungalows 8 years ago and it was great,I returned in may of 2012 thinking it would be great again,however this time i stayed in the 2nd one on the right(looking at the beach)I was sleeping at night and woke up to something biting my back,rolled over and picked off thinking it was just an ant,i then squished it on the floor and it was full of blood,I then jumped out of the bed,flicked on the light and the mattress and blanket was crawling in bed bugs.I proceeded to spray the bed with bedbug spray(funny that i had brought some with me)I collected about 20 in a clear plastic cup.Needless to say i did not sleep the rest of the night.In the morning I saw the young thai grounds keeper and flagged him over and showed him he said OHHH and something else in thai and took the cup.Upon checking out I tell the owner to give my $$ back and after a brief argument I did get a full refund,and he blamed it on all the tourist.
I said well maybe but I know I didn't bring them and you should get a bug bomb and do somthing about it.I am returning to Koh Phangan on wed,may8/13,and defiantly will not be staying on Had Yao beach.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Clevage
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Ibiza bungalows are right on Haad Yao beachfront and set in the perfect location. Great service and food all at a very reasonable price. The staff were really helpful and let us run a tab for the duration. The only down point is the whole beach seems to be the favoured place for German and Russian families so not much going on for a couple of fairly young Brits. All in all though a beautiful beach and fantastic island and id recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed December 7, 2012

These Bungalows are great. At low-saison I paid 500 ThaiBhat for 1 night for a doublesize bed with fan and cold shower. The bungalows all have hemlocks and are really clean and nice inside. The only problem was that they don't clean it (4 nights and nothing done). But else the staff is really nice, you can eat there (good and cheap) and also they have a really nice garden. The bungalows are directly at the best beach in Koh Phangan, so go for it! The staff is nice too.

Room Tip: try to get one next to the beach
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Been through Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam, and 5 whole months in India. This place turned out to have the worst customer service/staff I've ever experienced.

I shouldve been weary when the guy didnt even get out of the couch he was lying on to check me in. He was as grumpy as they came.but it was checking out when it got real ugly.

I was literally yelled and heckled at in Thai as checked out and walked next door. Perhaps he didnt want to hear that because of the greedy actions of the young punk kid who rents motorbikes, a 100baht disagreement cost him over 2000Baht in revenue.

The kid who rents bike rented me one with no brakes. I took it for a spin the night before to test out before I ventured further into KPN hilly streets. rear brakes at 10% it was a death trap. Waited until morning ( my bad I know, but it was late) and asked to change bikes- thats when he started getting rude. NO MORE BIKES I was told. Fine.

I'll give you 1/2 days rent and a litre of gas I was told. No deal, no passport until I coughed up the whole 200.

Shouting matches ensued for 15 minutes with him fuming mad pacing in circles looking. I threw the money at him (rude and stupid on my part i know) and he threw my passport at me (so were even).

it was when I was checking out that I really felt a bad vibe, I felt the owner wouldve got violent had a said another word. I guess some people just dont like hearing the truth.

bad customer service=less profits
the shittier and greedier you act the less money you'll get from current and returning customers a like.

WORST PLACE EVER.

Now that Ive written my 1st review, time to review all the FANTASTIC places ive stayed in the past 8 months because they deserve it. This place deserves nothing more than a revolving door of disapointed customers who will never return again.

I will give them points for location, rooms were right near the beach, but restaurent was overpriced and not good.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo