“Average bungalow”

J.B. Hut Bungalows
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
“Average bungalow”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I heard amazing things on several sites and decided to book for the full moon party. We ended up arrivin late and Bella was very nice when we arrived. The rumors are true-- she is an excellent cook. The food there is very in expensive and very very delicious. The bungalow was fairly clean, but there were two big cockroaches we found, probably unavoidable as you're pretty well in the jungle. the bed was not very comfortable, but the ac worked great. I was a little put off as I knew we were staying in one of the most expensive bungalows and we had already booked a hotel in samui after a 2 night stay at JB hut as I feel Bella was a little dishonest with us. They advertise boat and various other bookings theyll help you with, so we asked for boat tickets and Bella said they were sold out, so we should stay another night. We ended up booking online ourselves and the boat was nowhere near full, so I feel like she was trying to get us to stay with her longer. I could be off and she was mistaken beyond her knowledge.

• Stayed April 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Rotherham
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We paid the basic price for the fan room, we had hot water, double/king bed, mozzy net, electricity and a lovely view of the bay. The room did not come with any blankets (it got a bit cold during the night with the fan on) but we asked the next day and were given some. The food is lovely, freshly cooked when ordered. The family that run it are very helpful and very very friendly. Bella will organise anything and everything and it runs like clockwork. The bugalows are a 5 minute walk from the beach and the 7/11. Overall well worth the money and a grgeat place for couples/singles or groups.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I loved this bunglow! The staff is SO nice and cooks some of the best food I had on my 6 week trip in SE Asia! Although no hot water and the room is very basic, it has amazing sunset views of the beach and is in a nice, quiet part of town. I stayed here for the full moon party and loved being away from the madness during the day. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We are staying at j.b. Hut at the moment. It's the best place to stay we think! The people are so friendly, the food is so good ( and cheap) and it' s clean. On the other side of the street is the beach ( really nice beach) and the bungalows have see view. It's a taxi ride to the full moon beach ( around 200 bath), better to stay not so close to that beach. Haad yao beach and the j.b. bungalow is the best!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I'm not sure where to start as there are so many wonderful things I could say about this accommodation. Bella and her family are so friendly and welcoming and nothing is any trouble. Bella trusts you with food and drink and the accommodation is definitely reasonable.

Myself and my two friends stayed here over the full moon party in November and Bella arranged our transport ( about 40 mins to an hour ) to Haad Rin. It suited us being further away bearing in mind a lot of hostels get burgled during full moon.

The beach is close by and the room we had was a big room with two double beds, bathroom ( with hot water ) air con, and we had a balcony with a hammock. It was lovely to be able to sit in the restaurant and relax and feel so at home and Bella was so friendly to us we were really sad to leave.

I cant recommend this enough if you are planning to stay in Koh Phangan for a while then definitely check this out as you wont be disappointed and tell Bella we said hi!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hayley C
Nottingham
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed here over the full moon period and chose this place mainly because of the stipulations a lot of other hotels have over that time ( staying at least 5 nights, more expensive etc) but boy am I glad I did.

J.B. Huts is in the peaceful Haad Yao area, about a 5 minute walk from the beach (be warned it’s at the top of a STEEP hill so it probably won’t be suitable for people with disabilities and it also looked pretty dangerous for anyone hiring a moped!

We stayed in a triple room which was an individual hut with its own bathroom and balcony. The room had plenty of space, two double beds, a hot shower and a hammock on the balcony.

The owner is really lovely and will do anything she can to help you. The restaurant serves lots of tasty food for breakfast, lunch and dinner and they can help arrange transport to the Full Moon Party for you.

The beach itself is beautiful, the sea is great for swimming in, and there’s plenty of restaurants on the beach for lunch, at night time they even have fire twirlers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the sea, some beautiful sunsets
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Atherton, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I can't say enough good things about J,B. Hut. Hands down our favourite stay of our entire trip.
Whenever I visit Koh Phangan this is where I will stay.
Run by Bal & her family, J.B. offer amazing service and what I rate as the best kitchen on the island.
Located on the hill behind Haad Yao, the bungalows are a short (relatively steep) walk/scooter ride from the beach. Lovely ocean views can be enjoyed from each bungalows' private balcony.
Plenty of bars located on the beach, and a far more relaxed atmosphere than Haad Rin (the Full Moon beach).
Rooms at J.B. are always clean, comfortable and reasonably priced.
The kitchen is open every day, early until late, and Bal is always ready to prepare your favourite meal from her home kitchen. Everything I have tried from the menu was superb!
The service is impeccable and whether you need to hire a scooter or book a diving trip Bal will make sure it is organised. Within no time you feel like part of the family.
I recommend J.B. Hut to anyone looking for a relaxing stay with amazing food and the friendliest of service!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family