“best!”
Review of The Dive Inn

The Dive Inn
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in Ko Pha Ngan
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a long established and widely respected PADI "5 Star" dive center on Koh Phangan island in the the Gulf of Thailand. We cater to beginners, advanced divers and non-divers and specialize in day trips to the best dive and snorkeling sites in the area. We provide unrivaled personal attention to small groups, ensuring the best possible experience for all our customers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Dortmund, Germany
“best!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

i actually booked via another divescool but my instructor and the boat was from the "Dive Inn"
my instructor cris was a very patient person. i told befor i need to do a refresher because i was not diving after my open water course.more than 2 years ago.everything after the close briefing was at the end more i learned in my open water course. to breath right to be boyend i realise is the most important. the first dive was just 26 min butafter the briefing before 2. i did 48min!!!! sad i did not had more time. ireally woud do the advanced diver with him! thank you kris and all the crew! good good people!

• Thai first
Turin, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Center”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were referred to Rafael Wendijk by Sylvester from Sunset Hill Resort. From day 1, Rafael took excellent care of my husband and 12 year old son (who was a little nervous at first). Being the only 2 students with Rafael gave a very personal touch to the instruction. Rafael was very thorough and engaging throughout the course which ensured that my son confidently took to the water. Highlight of the week was the 3rd dive at Sail Rock where they were lucky to see a whale shark! It has to be noted that all staff at the Dive Inn were very friendly and helpfull throughout the week. Because of the well prepared instruction, even the theoretical test became an 'appeltje eitje'. I now have a very proud and happy husband and son - thank you!

Visited August 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“great people great experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Me and my girlfriend dove with Dive Inn in the end of June 2013. My girlfriend told our divemaster, that even though she was certified, she didn't have much experience, and was a little anxious going to out on a boat and relatively deep on Sail Rock. We dove just the two of us with our divemaster, who literally dove with my girlfriend holding her hand. Very nice and it really helped he. We had a very good time, and everything felt safe and under control.

Even though I also had a great time diving i Ko Tao, this seemed much more personal. Not too big not too small.

A couple of points:
They dive max 4 people per divemaster.
I had my own gear, but the rental gear seemed to be in nice condition.
They pick you up at you hotel/resort, and were on time every day.
The shop is right next to the boat/harbour in Chaloklum.
The breakfast and lunch on the boat was good (they have vegetarian option standart).
The boat was nice. Plenty of wet space. And also plenty off room upstairs to relax, when you are not getting ready.

I will definitely use them again, when/if I come back to Ko Phangan.

1 Thank Sune-KBH
Waterford, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very honest company to deal with!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to dive with dive inn, but I paid the deposit to do it without any knowledge of my hotel location. They told me that was too far away straight away, refunded the money and recommend some other company who was much closer to my location. Very honest and great contact with them all the time!!! Wish to dive with them next time....

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A life changing experience!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I could not have imagined a better open water certification experience than the one I had here, and that's not even solely because I was lucky enough to swim within meters of a whale shark on one of my dives. I was incredibly anxious leading up to it, but from the moment Woody, my instructor, picked me up at the ferry dock to the time I said my heartfelt goodbyes, I was superbly taken care of. I've had the opportunity to ride along with the Lotus team to Sail Rock once, and I can honestly say they were a disaster, sometimes not even waiting the appropriate amount of time above water before going on their second dive. But the professionalism, individual attention, and expertise of the Dive Inn folk was amazing! Not to mention the Dive Inn boat (and crew/captain) is a dream in comparison to most of the others on the island, and they really value safety.

Woody was patient, encouraging, and so much fun to learn with! And his wife, another instructor, Wendy was an equal delight, as were all of the others I met there. They really take you under their wing, which was especially nice as I was a young woman traveling on my own. They even helped make sure I had food I could eat, despite the fact that I have a lot of food allergies. And they dealt with all of my diving questions and anxieties with the utmost patience and knowledge. By the time I was making my first dive, I was no longer terrified. I had the time of my life and felt totally at ease. And I had the joy of one-on-one instruction from Woody, which was great since I know a lot of the other dive schools there partner one instructor with a whole group of students, which is not my scene at all. This was a mind blowing experience, and every friend and relative who's gotten certified there has agreed. You have to make the trip out and go with the Dive Inn--I can't imagine ever getting certified anywhere else, and I can't wait to go back!