“Great place to learn how to dive!”
Review of Asia Blue - Scuba

Asia Blue - Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Asia Blue - Scuba (formally Phangan International Diving School [PIDS]) is located opposite Makro just outside Thong Sala. Its equipment room and training pool is located nearby at Hacienda Beach Club Resort. It also has a booking office in Haad Rin. Asia Blue - Scuba offer all divers full diving packages, dive education, multi course diving promotions and also discounted diving accommodation. Our team of professional PADI Instructors and Divemasters have unrivaled knowledge of the local dive scene around Koh Phangan. We will guide you through every step of the way as you reach your goal – becoming a qualified PADI Diver!
Reviewed December 8, 2014

On my second week traveling on SEA, I decided to do the Open Water Diver Course on Koh Phangan with PIDS instead of Koh Tao. Probably the best decision of my trip.
People in PIDS is amazing and really experienced with diving, especially Cass, who was my instructor, and had been diving almost all her life. On my first dive were five of us, 2 instructors (Cass and Jace) and 3 students. Cass and Jace were amazing explaining things and relax. We could take all the time we needed to feel comfortable, specially with the first equalizations. Our first dive was amazing, a little short because my air run out, so while we rested on the boat Cass and Jace gave lots of tips to relax and make a better use of the air. So on our second time no one run out of air. It was amazing. I really recommend this place to learn.

The only reason I don't give five stars is the equipment. Most of it was really old and leaked. Five stars to the instructors!!

All reviews
"explained everything"
in 8 reviews
"amazing instructor"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
in 4 reviews
"my advanced open water"
in 7 reviews
"special thanks"
in 9 reviews
"whale sharks"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2014

The first day I went diving with my friend who did a discovery dive. This was also my first dive after certification. So the instructor got two noobs to work with. We had an instructor called Cass, she was supercool and really knew what she was doing. We both felt very comfortable and safe. The second day I want alone, but asked specifically for Cass. She's a great instructor for beginners! My overall experience was great, nice staff and good food on the boat. The staff had a great interest in our experience. We went to Sail Rock, a really nice place for scuba!

See you guys again!

Reviewed October 24, 2014

Oportunity of a lifetime. Awesome instructors and top quality training. Chris and Racheal are very experienced and very profesional instructors and Thailand has some amazing marine life to be seen!

Reviewed August 29, 2014

If you're thinking of completing a diving course and want a little added extra for service whilst on holidays add these great people to your list. We my partner and myself decided to complete the open water cert and PIDS has the option to provide one on one instruction. It was excellent tuition and exactly what I wanted (and I am picky). Jeff our instructor was terrific. Had ample patience for us and is extremely experienced. I couldn't have been in better hands was my thinking. Completely recommend Jeff and the team. Also the dives at sail rock will make you wish you had done this sooner.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have been diving with this diving school for three years in a row and they always have very professional, reliable, friendly staff. I did 6 dives with Allie this year and was so lucky to see a 3-4 m whale shark (both diving and snorkling), dolphins, barracudas, yellow box fish and so on. Allie was really great and I improved my diving so much because she was so reliable and cool at the same time. I had some of my best diving ever this year! Thanks so much Allie!

1  Thank Sofia W
Ahadphangan, Manager at Asia Blue - Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thanks Sophia... It was a pleasure diving with you. See you again soon we hope?