“Ideal quiet location, brilliant!”
Review of Beck's Resort

Beck's Resort
Ranked #42 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed here for the September full moon party. A little far from haad rin, maybe 20 mins in a tuk, meant it was very relaxing. They have an outside bar with hammocks and cushions and will even bring you food to you from the restaurant. We found all the staff very helpful and friendly. We hired a truck in koh phangan which Becks resort sorted out for us.
Free collection from the pier, free wifi, superb views with private beach...I don't see how anyone can't like this place.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here for the August 2011 FMP and it was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted to be close enough to the action for a short drive but far enough away to sleep all day and recover without drunk people passed out on our porch or techno music skipping the beds across the floor. Beck's Resort was perfect. The staff even arranged taxis to take all the guests down to Haad Rin the night of the party. It was a pretty hazy night but from what I remember it was only about a 30 minute drive. The A/C in our room was an excellent treat when we got back from the party at about 8:30am.

The staff at Beck's is also awesome. Valentina at the front desk was super friendly and booked everything for us from my dive trip up north in Chaloklum to our boat/bus/van tickets from Ko Phangan to Penang, Malaysia when we left Thailand. She is the best.

The restaurant is also VERY good. I almost felt bad for not trying other spots around the hotel but the food is so good it didn't bother me. The burgers are the best I had in Asia.

The resort is also walking distance to town (about 15 minutes) so we made it down there a couple times to use the ATM and to check out the night market (for a super cheap meal this is recommended). The beach patio is also awesome. The hammocks are perfect for sleeping off a gnarly hangover. The water in the bay right out front is very shallow and, thus, very warm. So it isn't as refreshing as I had hoped. But it is nice being able to take a stroll out about 200-300 yards and still have it only be up to my waist. Plus the resort has kayaks to use if you want to paddle out to deeper water or cruise around the island just off the shore.

Finally, make sure you chat it up with Lucky, the beach bartender. She is the best!! I don't know how many Chang beers I had there, but it's probably safe to say I was responsible for at least a couple runs to the grocery store. Lucky even came to the FMP with us! Tip her well and ask her about her dogs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ace23NY23
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed here as a couple in an AC bungalow (1100 baht). Bit worried when we first drove up but I needn't have worried as it was such a great place to stay. Bungalow was really clean and had a lovely balcony to sit out on. Our room also had a TV which was good for our hangover day after the half moon!

Free wifi and breakfast although I must admit, the breakfast wasn't great. Food in the restaurant was just ok if you ordered Thai meals but strangely much better for things like burgers (great burgers actually).

Resort had a fantastic wooden deck at the sea front where you could laze on cushions during the day if you didn't fancy lying in the sand or on the loungers at the front if the resort. The deck had a little bar beside it where you could order drinks/food all day and into the night. Beach was clean also and I saw staff picking up litter on the beach so they obviously want to keep the place well maintained.

Overall would definitely stay here again. It's close to Thongsala but you can't really see the pier from the beach so you feel like you're in your own tropical paradise. Great sunsets as well!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed here during the July 2011 full moon party. We originally thought it'd be a mistake as we'd be 20mins by taxi away from the full moon party beach, but we were wrong. Becks resort was fantastic, with it's own beach, fantastic beach bar and lounge area. The food was fantastic in the restaurant (if slightly overpriced) and the staff were great, all for £12 a night, a bargain during full moon period! They even organised a taxi to take everyone who wanted to go at the resort to the party!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank WillandChloe
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I visited this island last year and I had the most wonderful time ever staying at this resort. The crew will recommend tours, transportation and anything you need to get around the island. This resort is located directly by the beach with the most relaxing ambience that the island has got to offer.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank Jessfoong
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Beck's Resort for 2 weeks in december 2010. We had an awesome time. Roomy bungalow, cleansed every day with bed made up etc. Great food in the resort's restaurant. and very very very friendly and welcoming staff.
For example: we were invited to a birthdaydinner from one of the crew with all his friends and family. And during a couple of days we had heavy rain, but we didn'tt get bored at all since we could watch movies with the crew.
When the weather got better the beachbar was open every night and we sat on the patio under palmtrees and starsky with chill music on the background.
Beck's Resort has the best sunsets at Koh Phangan!! Even when it's a bit cloudy.

The resort has a variation of bungalows: for tight budget and middle budget. The resort's garden is simple but real nice. You can book all kinds of activities at the reception. Staff speaks english real good.
BEST PIZZA IN THAILAND!!! Can also recommend the chicken parmigiani, the hot penne pasta, the salad the steak (order one day before you'd like to eat)!!!

Best resort with best crew ever!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChelleRebel
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I booked for a beach front room, paid for an OK price and was a bit worried in the first instance as the resort claimed to be the first resort on the island. My impression changed as i got there. The bungalows are very well maintained, not as bad as i thought. I was greeted by very friendly staff (they speak good English as compared to other hotels staff in Thailand), and guided me to my room, which is right in front of the beach side bar, and a wooden deck. The beach side bar and restaurant serves very good food, and the portions are big and very filling.

There are 2 islands opposite the resort which can be seen clearly from the wooden deck, and you can actually go there by kayaking. The resort is very tropical based. There are plenty of plants and coconut trees surrounding it which gives you a peaceful and relaxing feeling. You can even hear the sounds of insects and geckos and night. But that's not a big deal for me.

I was a traveling alone and didn't know much about the island. The staff made everything easy for me by giving me a map and briefed me through about the island, organised some trips and a scooter for me. This place is lovely, and its just minutes away from Thongsala where you can do most of your shoppings. Although the resort is 20 minutes away from full moon party, it is really worth staying. You can get away from the craziness and crowd and have some relaxing time at the beach side bar and have a good massage at the wooden deck. I would stay here again when i come back for another full moon party. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Get the beach front room.