“Pretty Awesome Burger Joint”
Review of Crave Restaurant & Lounge - MOVED

Crave Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Recently relocated in the Srithanu area on the island of Koh Phangan, Thailand. We offer you our famous burgers, POUTINE (??), FREE pool table and more in a comfy laid back atmosphere... Since 2010!!!
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was going to only give this place 4 stars because the burger patty itself was a little small, but I'm just a fat American - what am I thinking??

To start, the ambiance/seating is pretty great. I sat on a raised lounge area, and (overall) the decor is very nice. We were greeted by a very traditional Aussie guy who was extremely nice. Honestly, nicest server in Thailand thus far. I ordered the Spicy Beef Burger which was delicious: soft/fresh bun, tender meat, good sauces - just like home. The fries were also tasty, and they give you an assortment of sauces to choose from.

My only qualms about this place: it's a lliiiiiiiiitttttllleeee bit overpriced. But frankly, I hadn't eaten a burger in so long that it was worth it. And here I am giving it 5 stars, so maybe it isn't overpriced? Whatever.

I went here kind of early, so there were only a few people inside of the place. I could definitely see it being a fun bar/lounge later in the evening, though. I'd say it's definitely worth a visit if you're on the northern half of the island.

Myr_Crave, Owner at Crave Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Haha! Loved reading your review! I wouldn't dare calling you a fat American but I have to say that most people are stuffed after eating one of our quarter pound (150g) beef burgers!! ;o)
Next time you'll have to supersize it with some poutine instead of fries (fries,gravy and cheese) or try our Fat Betty burger (double beef!)...or both!
We also try to keep our price as affordable as possible but beef and imported cheese are quite expensive on the island since it's not used much in thai cuisine. We are always searching for ways to cut our food cost without compromising the quality of our burgers.
I'm glad that you thought it was still worth it! Thank you for your review!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were here a couple of weeks ago. The food was excellent. Really nice chicken wings!! But the best was the staff, they helped us advising good places to see in Koh Phangan. Would I recommend it to a friend?? without hesitation!

Wow! Thank you for your kind words about Crave! It's always a pleasure to get to know our customers and recommend good place to see one our beloved Koh Phangan! Hope you had a great time on the island! :o)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went here for burgers for supper one night and they were so yummy!! I would say the best on the island. The burgers were huge and the poutine you can get on the side was awesome. The happy hour drinks were actually really good instead of watered down drinks. The atmosphere is relaxed with a pool table and some nice raised up table to eat at. I would recommend this place!!

Poutine! I'm glad that you tried our typical canadian dish! It a bit messy but Oh so good!
And yes it's important for us to give great drinks to our guest and make them feel that they get their money's worth. Even for happy hour. Thank you for your review! :o)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went here one night to have a break from Thai food. The place is really nice and service is good. Great choice of burgers with various side orders and toppings. You will definitely end up eating too much!

Eating too much you say? Food coma is our middle name! Haha! I often happens to find customers having a little nap on our comfy sofas after their meal! :o)
I'm very glad that you had a good time at Crave! Thanks for taking the time to review us! Cheers!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

After a lot of Thaifood maybe you also need western Food and who not loves sometimes a Burger, specially when its not a McDonalds Burger!
Perfect Burgers, wonderful Salads and also delicious sweet Desserts!
If you wanna go for westerns Style Food on Koh Pha Ngan and specially Burgers, go to Crave, really worth a visit!

Yes! Burgers don't have to be fast food like McDonalds! At Crave we are proud to serve homemade comfort food that's always fresh and delicious! Thanks for sharing your experience! We really appreciate it! :o)