“Very Happy”

Ranked #74 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Keerbergen, Belgium
“Very Happy”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

According to the pictures this is Haad Yao Villa where I stayed for a week in July
Staff is very friendly ,including receptionist, waiters and kitchen personel) food is good, (non hotel guests also come to eat here and told me they also like the food).
I was staying in the main building, Room was OK with affordable minibar, TV and AC. No fan.
As on most islands in Thailand, lights went out once and a while. In the restaurant they had candles. Breakfast, luch or dinner on the beach under the palmtrees or at the bar with a stunning the beachview;
Being single a place to chill out...

Room Tip: Been kind, a smile always helps...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank paulinbelgium

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Simple, cheap(ish) close to beach, good bar, so so restaurant. Great bar staff, friendly, helpful, all round brilliant. The only thing that let's this place down is the receptionist. You get the impression that by staying at this resort you are inconvienencing her, which doesn't really work given it's a resort...

The adjoining cafe is also amazing. So brave the receptionist at your own risk and everything is ok

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank eating_eater
sydney
Reviewed June 17, 2011

had four meals here, and one was terrible! in-edbile, and after we showed the staff we were rudely told that we still must pay for the meal, even though we had barely touched it, i had actually spat out one mouthful. staff were on the whole really rude, claiming that for 20 years they had cooked their version of "bolognaise meat" like this, and that we will still have to pay for it if we wanted another meal. we ended up paying for it and leaving to avoid a scene. i wouldnt eat here again, and judging by the staff i wouldnt stay here either.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Stayed here for a week on our travels & it wasn't enough. Loved this place, rooms were like a 4 star hotel, swimming pool was lovely, long enough to do some lengths and really clean. Breakfast and dinner were amazing in the restaurant as you sit in candlelight on the beach. Tried other places on the beach and they didn't compare in quality and value. One particular member of staff was a bit grumpy in the restaurant but the bar staff are lovely. Didnt have any problems or complaints with the receptionist like the other reviews. Would highly recommend to friends and travellers.

Room Tip: ask for one by the swimming pool
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Sweden
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We had dinner there, but for one of us the food was reaaly bad. Not badly cooked, but the meat was out of date, expired. When I mentioned this, the waiter did not understand a word, but they had put it on the bill After a while, he came back and claimed that I had to pay for everything we had ordered, or he would have to pay for it himself. I asked to see the manager, but no manager on duty. After a while the situation got a bit hostile and I did not feel comfortable, but maintained that I did not want to pay for bad and uneatable food. I got to speak to someone who lied with feet on the table smoking while talking thai with the others.

Summa summarum: I did not pay for the bad food, but made sure that we would not come back to the
restaurant. Really bad service, no excuse, no empathy and to me a really surprise in how thai people use to treat their customers. We are used to friendly and understanding people, but this was a disaster. Therefore I cannot otherwise than to warn people about this behaviour and to check their food. Big warning!!!

• Stayed March 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed in one of the houses on the hills for almost three weeks. We had a nice view of the water with a big balcony, a small kitchen and a big bedroom. Wifi internet was included - it didn't work great, but it worked most of the time. We were quite satisfied with the house and our sleeping arrangements.

However, the woman at the front desk really ruins the stay. She is surly with everyone and snaps back anytime you even want to say hello. The one time we asked if she could check on the internet since it had been out for over a day, I got yelled at and told to leave because she "didn't want to see my face." It really is a shame as the houses are quite nice and the staff at the restaurant are also nice. Her uncle is the owner, so I don't expect her position to change any time soon.

So, if you'd like a place to stay that gives you some flexibility and freedom this is a nice option. Just try to limit your interactions with the front desk woman to an absolute minimum. We actually left a day early because of her.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed there for 1 night.
Resort it self is in good condition, but staff is HORRIBLE!
Beach is right next to hotels wich was nice. Bed lines was dirty and pillows smelled moldy! Thank god I didn't see any bed bug! Staff was unfriendly. When I arrived at the hotel the young reseption girl make me feel like I was disturbing her. Please do favorite to your self and don't stay here and spoil you holiday!

• Stayed August 2010