“Amazing place run by amazing people!!!”

Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #71 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
“Amazing place run by amazing people!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed here before and it was quite poor the new owners have turned the place into an absolute must for all visitors to the island.
Pool party's amazing.
Beach bar awesome.
Authentic Thai menu and western food for those pangs of home sickness.
Can't wait to return for Christmas.
I honestly could not fault my stay.
Thanks guys.

• Stayed August 2012

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed October 3, 2012

When I got to Koh Phangan I was booked in to stay at the Or Rawarn Resort which is two resorts up from Holiday Beach Resort. It was so horrible that I checked in and checked out the same day and moved over to Holiday Beach. From the minute I got there I enjoyed myself. Stuart, Woody and the very lovely Kim who run the resort were amazingly friendly and welcoming and I very quickly didn't want to leave.

The bungalows I stayed in while there were clean and comfortable. The pool was amazing and the food at the place was great. At night I would often enjoy myself sitting at their bar on the beach. Every Thursday they run a night at the bar with really good music which gathers a nice group of people to it.

The beach at Holiday Beach Resort is not the best beach. You have to go about 50 foot out from the beach before it gets deep enough to swim but for everything else that the resort has going for it I considered that a small price to pay. Renting a moped on the island is very cheap and the island is small enough that you are always only a few minutes drive from a decent beach anyway.

As I said in the title, I came to Koh Phangan for 5 days but I stayed for over a month. I would definitely recommend Koh Phangan as an island to visit and I would definitely recommend Holiday Beach Resort as the place to stay.

Woody, Stuart, Kim, I loved your place and you will definitely see me again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Surrey
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great resort right on the beach fantastic bar/club on the beach front as well - great value for money staff are very very friendly. Fantastic location for full moon party but also quiet on the beach. Food and drink prices are very reasonable as well.

• Stayed September 2012
Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here just a couple of nights over full moon. Great Pool, biggest i've seen on the island, and nice big resort spread out, not right next door to everyone else. Great location but too far to walk to 7/11 or Thongsala. You get what you pay for basically. Like every other bungalow along Baan Tai beach. One little thing, the staff all seem rather grumpy, especially the girls behind Reception. Also the ceiling fan rotated and so had to move the bed into the middle of the room otherwise got very hot at night

Room Tip: Best to pay a little more and get a room near the pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst waiting for the Full Moon Party.
The location is good, and to be honest the price is worth what you get.

The staff were all very friendly and drinks and food were cheap.
Obviously there are different standards of rooms, the nicest (and probably cleanest) rooms are directly on the beach.
We stayed in G5, which was a pretty decent room considering we were paying about £8 a night.

The only problem I had with this place, was the bathroom.
The sink was broken and everytime it was touched I felt as though it was going to fall over and i'd be charged.
The shower had no hook so you had to hold it, and there was no pressure or heat at all. (heat wasn't really a problem) but the pressure was. Also the water, quite frankly reeked. It was as if you were washing with pond water.
Being on an island and paying what I did, I didn't expect any luxuries, but to wash with water that smells stagnant is something I won't repeat.

Apart from that, it's a nice little place to stay for a few days!

Room Tip: If you want more luxury choose the rooms directly on the beach
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jess S
London
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Where do I start with this place. Jesus. Unfortunately we were booked into the beach holiday resort after getting ripped off through a TAT office in Bangkok. After 24 hours of travelling we arrived to a horrible room but the location seemed quite nice with a big pool. However we later found out that the beach here is probably one of the worst on the island, head over to the East coast near Malibu for the perfect beaches.

Our room was horrible, the bathroom was small and the shower head didn't even have a hook so you had to hold it with one hand. The room was bright orange but at sometime there had been some pictures on the wall, you could tell this because they had obviously painted around them due to the huge white patches. The patterned bricks had holes in the walls so we got bitten by misquotes at night. When I approached the receptionist and explained that the room next to us had a mossie net she suggested they had put it up themselves! It had obviously been there for years, who would bring their own net on holiday?!

The Thai staff seemed helpful enough but there was one particular American woman who can only be described as the worst hotel worker on the planet. Because we had paid in full through the TAT centre she didn't seem to care about anything. Our next problem arose when we had breakfast, with our booking we had it included but my girlfriend is a vegetarian. When I asked if we could swap eggs and bacon for a bowl of cereal we were told this was impossible and we'd have to pay extra, even though a few corn flakes clearly cost less than eggs and bacon. As we expected the breakfast was terrible apart from the coffee and fresh fruit.

After one night we complained about our room and she said because we didn't complain straight away, she assumed that the room was fine. What sort of resort EXPECTS you to complain and then give you the option of a better room? We were moved to a better room slightly further away from the beach. Although it seemed to be the only room without the option to put your own padlock on the room. There are also no lockers in the rooms, there are small ones in the reception which is a massive pain and all the staff can see what you are putting in there.

When we came to leave the island we were given the option of the 6am or 12pm ferry, not wanting to be up too early we chose the 12pm one. On the morning that we were supposed to leave we woke to a man standing in our room at 5am shouting taxi taxi! At first I thought he was robbing us but we later realised he was trying to get us up for the ferry. So we went to reception to find that the stupid receptionist had booked us onto the 6am ferry! She then told us that if we left at 12pm we might not make it to our next destination in one day, meaning we'd be dropped in a small town and have to find our own accommodation for the night. So not only did she book us onto the wrong ferry, she shouldn't have given us the option for the later one in the first place. She also tried to charge us 400 bht to change it, even though there is no charge from the ferry company. This particular woman is an absolute demon, her attitude towards paying customers was atrocious, damm right rude and unbelievably unhelpful. By the end of the week I had to deal with her several times and I can actually say I hated her on a cellular level.

The only good thing about this place is the pool, it's big and the water temperature was really nice. We hired mopeds for the week and found a really nice hotel on the east coast called Haad son resort, stay there instead!

Room Tip: Look on the East cost, ideally the Malibu beach resort as the beach huts look lovely and the sand is...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank iamhenkell

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This resort is a nice enough place in a good location (within walking distance to the main town) with a very nice pool. The beach is pretty average. Our fan bungalow had lots of character and was cool and clean (although they have a real mix and match of bungalows on site). The thing that really let us down was the day before we left our room was cleaned (asked around lunchtime and it wasn't done until around 5pm so we actually didn't think it was going to be cleaned) and my prescription glasses were taken from the room. We went for a swim with me leaving my glasses on the bed then half an hour later and just after it was cleaned we came back and they were gone. We can't see why they'd take them as we had sunglasses as well in the room so we can only think that maybe they were damaged and they took the evidence? I checked with the cleaners immediately who said they didn't see them and told management as soon as we saw them the next morning (didn't seem too concerned at all). Overall its not a bad place but we felt very let down this event.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple