Phangan Beach Resort
$83
$52
Agoda.com
Phangan Bayshore Resort(Ban Hat Rin)(Great Value!)
$58
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
$148
$93
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
$92
$210
$91
$77
Agoda.com
All reviewsfull moon partyair conlovely poolrent bikesfan bungalowrestaurant servespool tablethong salalaundry servicespent nightslow seasonamazing placegreat atmospherekoh samuipbrdacehammocks
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Very good resort ,clean tidy a great view from our beach bungalow.Great value for money people forget it is only three star.Owners very keen to please Adam behind bar a real star.One problem I had no kettle in room being an early riser no where to get tea or coffee, Andy said he might address the suituation .Pool fantastic only good things to say .You pay for what you get great value for money, food and drink i found very reasonable for a hotel.All in all great holiday would return.

Room Tip: Get a beach front room with ac, worth extra for view alone and ac a must.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ray D
andyrduggins, Owner at Phangan Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2015

thank you so very much for your kind words, we do take action regarding customers comments and since your departure we started to open the beach side restaurant 1 hour earlier so guests can get their early bird drinks and food , its always good to listen and take action to your guests requests

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Overall this place was very nice and relaxing. Words like amazing and perfection are not something I throw around easily & I can't say they apply to this place. That doesn't mean it was bad as it wasn't, I just want to provide an accurate review & I think a lot of people are easily pleased. First, note that although it's called a resort, it really isn't if you have been to resorts around the world. I would honestly say it is more like an upscale backpackers but on a great part of the beach with good facilities. Most places in Asia are called resorts anyway. They don't help you with your bags at all & one of the first things you are told is that they don't allow food and drink from others places. I think this is a little strict considering this isn't a resort by any means & they don't seem to apply this same strictness to the customer service they offer. We stayed in a wooden bungalow right in the beach. Location was perfect as bungalow B5 was the last one furthest away from the pool and most quiet. The bungalows are basic and there isn't much room at all. The bathroom is attached to the bungalow and is just a shower over the toilet. Mosquitos come in easily in the bathroom as it is open around the sides of the roof. The restaurant food is average with average service and prices far too high. The pool area is really great and relaxing and the bar is perfectly positioned on the beach. There are hammocks and sun beds on the beach in front of the bungalows but the problem is people from other places seem to just walk along and use them all day. Seeing as the staff are so strict about food I would expect they monitor this so the beach can be used for resort guests but they don't bother. A couple of times it was hard to use the beach in front of our bungalow or relax as there were families from other areas sitting themselves in front and loudly chatting all day. In saying this, the beach is really nice. Wifi only works in the restaurant. The laundry service is way too expensive at 70 baht for express service when just in front of the driveway for the resort I put laundry in for 1.5kg for 40 baht for 3hr express! I would recommend people stay here but it is over priced for the service that's provided which I would say in my time here was lacking.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lucy P
andyrduggins, Owner at Phangan Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

thank you for your review, it means a lot to us and helps us review our own policies to our guests expectations,if i may i would like to try and clear some of the more negative points in your review if possible. regarding the food and drinks policy ? we do ask our guests not to bring in food and drinks from outside to the resort for more than one reason, the first being obviously that the restaurant and bar would suffer if every body wanted to bring their own drinks in ,we keep our prices at a minimum to allow every body to enjoy the restaurant and bar, compared to say the street market then i agree we are more expensive but compared to 80 % of the other resorts on ban tai beach we are very competative, especially our beach bar specials and our theme nights where you can eat as much mexican as you like for around 3$ or our indian evenings or beach bbqs ,we are very much customer focused in this area , as a once global traveller myself in my earlier years i also understand the term resort, true we are not disney world resort or one of the other larger corporates but as you understand the term resort is a word used openly in asia to describe a small hote/lodging ect . laundry service is priced accordingly to the island , the laundry you mentioned is an old lady with no overheads and does it as a hobby really so i would expect this to be a much lower price but i also understand that the quality is not up to our laundry standard. the last point i would like to try and clear is the comment of other people on the beach using the chairs and hammocks ect? ,in thailand all beaches are public ,they are owner by the king of thailand and it is not allowed to stop people walking on public property ,the same policy applies to those from other resorts regarding food and beverages but it is a very difficult thing to control and most people who do use the beds and hammocks are using them to rest during their walks along our beautiful coastline ,we all at phangan beach resort are very happy that overall you enjoyed your stay at the resort and would love to meet you again in the near future

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I feel a bit bias writing this, as this was my THIRD time staying here in 3 years. The family keep welcoming me back, and I'm always thrilled to return. Phangan Beach Resort is beautiful, and the recent upgrades to the rooms are great. It has a quiet, private beach, a beautiful pool, massages, kite surfing, friendly bar staff (Adam). The food in the restaurant is well priced and tasty, with plenty of variety. They go out of their way to make everyone's experience amazing. They put on great events like Mexican buffet night, which was delicious! I just cannot recommend this place highly enough to anyone. The atmosphere is perfect for relaxing during the day, and you're close enough to find the parties at night! Oh, and don't feed Rocky (the dog) any more, he's getting fat!

Room Tip: Get air con if you can as it's pretty hot, but the fixed ceiling fans are more than adequate if AC isn't available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank leaturner18

wonderful review, rest assured I will pass on your comments , a big thank you from all of us at pbr

Reviewed January 11, 2014

A beautiful private beach, tasty food at good prices, hammocks to nap in, friendly bar to meet other travellers, comfy beds, service with a smile. All at a super reasonable price. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shanatravels

amazing review, thank you so much

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place is truly a great resort offering great food, excellent staff who only clean the room when you want (this keeps prices down and makes perfect sense to me) once you ask consider it done.

Restaurant is great with free wifi that extends to the beach.

Adam, Andy and the crew absolutley look after you. Especially Adam if you are into the party scene!

Cant talk this place up enough, its not a '5 star' resort by anymeans, but it dosnt pretend to be one. The value for money is exceptional. After staying here I will never stay anywhere else on the island.

Thanks Guys and sorry for taking so long for my review!! Keep it up!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

forgiven lol , great review and well worth the wait, hope to see you again in the near future, your pbr team