“A GREAT WAY TO RESET YOUR SYSTEM”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Ananda Yoga & Detox Center
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We did the shortest 3.5 day program and next time I think I will go for the 7.5 day one. It was my first time. The Yoga was too much for me to combine. The resort is very basic. The staff very nice. I can recommend this to anyone. You will have to get used to at first, but with asking the management for advice throughout the program it goes easy. When you are done and you'll eat again, any food you'll eat tastes better than ever!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rem d

Reviewed January 19, 2014

So I have recently finished my second stay at Ananda Resort, & the fact I returned shows that it warmed to me. I came a few years ago to do the 8 day cleanse which I repeated this time also, and did the first level one month intensive yoga class - which used to run within the resort. The rooms are basic basic, and for myself I do not need much, but for those used to the luxuries you will not find it, not in your room anyway. But I believe this is how they want it to be, because as a healing resort as they so advertise, if you have a bed, tiolet, shower, a little space etc, there really isn't much more you need. The simplicity encourages you to get outside, to socialise, to find a nice peaceful place in somwhere other then what would be your usual hidey hole. Which all is clear when you look into the name of the place, 'Ananda' was a disciple of buddha, & if I recall buddha was not one to encourage attachment of those materialistic pleasures, he instructed to look within.

So I have read a view articles on here that really disliked the resort and how they were addressed on arrival. Now the manager who you will most likely cross paths with can without a doubt come across very bluntly (it may be a greek thing i don't know), & I to felt this way when I first met her, however do not see this as a negative, it is direct & any questions you have if asked will be answered, she is truly lovely and very knowledgeable in the alternative therapeutic world, so do not be afraid :) The resort is run with beautiful Burmese service workers which are majority from the same family, if you do the detox you will most likely be well acquainted with Noah & he will look after you well, tell him I said hi :D There is a lovely pool & sauna for your use, and do not even get me started on the resturant :) Although on this part of Koh phangan there is a few vegetarian places to eat, I always come back to Ananda. I am not sure if it is because I am in Scandinavia now and all that seems to be a cheap option is bread and potato but the thought of the papaya salad and curry really knows how to get the mouth salivating.

All in all, it is a nice step away from reality. The detox is great for cleansing, loosing weight, clearing skin, riding yourself of mucoid plague etc but also I have made friends for life both times, and we are all still in touch. If it is in low season I recommend that you find out if other people have signed up, but understand that alot of people simply walk in off the street the day before :) I lost 4 kgs the first time, and continued to loose weight after, due to making healthier lifestyle choices for myself. The second time I lost 6 kilos, but haven't been able to keep that off as nicely due to my lack of kitchen access. Regardless I highly recommend Ananda and the experience it has had on my life, & I hope you have a positive one too :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ashope92
Reviewed January 17, 2014

If you are serious about losing weight and have self belief in your willpower then this is the place for you.
this was my birthday present to myself and i lost 6kg in 11 days.
i am not saying that this will happen to everyone , we are all different,
but it could.
you also learn how your body works and reacts to food.
the staff are amazing ,people like nor and sunan are very kind and ,i will be back.
accommodation is clean and basic with the choice a/c or fan.
beach is opposite resort.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LordKevinJee
Reviewed January 16, 2014

It was my first detox, and a bit of a shock for me as I didn't know the details of it in advance, but the staff was very friendly and commited to their job so it was pretty easy and a good challenge + I would go back again for sure. For a first time, it did go well, and the combination of detox and Yoga makes a huge difference. The resort is very quiet and it is an amazing way to really rest and take your time. One thing that I regret is that the beach is not really clean, you have to cross the road to rich it and it is not equipped with chairs, so you don't get to really go that much and make the most of the seaside.

Room Tip: Choose a bungalow, much more comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank caroleka
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I had previous had stomach problems on going for 3 years and hadn't felt like myself for a long while with the likes of bloating, irregular toilet moments, cramps, feeling sluggish & fatigue. I done the 7.5 days regular detox programme but done a pre detox for 2 days myself before beginning.
This whole experience has been most defiantly the best thing I have ever done! Although I found it very hard at times for many reasons... However, the helpful informative staff Villy & Nor, amazing daily massages, appropriate yoga sessions & herbal steam room along with salt water pool and other detox goers all helped towards the outcome of health I now have. I haven't felt this good in a long, long time!
Not only do I feel better, I also have more knowledge to help me keep my nutrition and digestion healthier for the long term.

Thank you to all who stayed there around the 13th December and to all the staff at Ananda Wellness Resort !

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 9, 2013

very good detox program! I did the 11 days (2 prepare days, 7 detox and 2 after) and stayed at one off Ananda's fan room. the matrasses are a bit hard, that was the only thing I would improve.
Nice salt water swimmingpool, herbal steamroom (open every day!) daily massage. excellent en friendly staf! stunning sunsets views from restaurant.
When you finaly are aloud to eat: Ananda has a great restaurant (veggie and non veggie) and realy cheap.
Villy, the manager, is always around to answer your questions when needed. The only thing I didn't like, was the yoga at Agama, but thats just because I did not liked that particulary kind off yoga. when you do, then its greate because you can join a class every day (except sundays)!
I feel realy good and lost also a lot off weight!
Thank you Ananda! We still come for lunch at your restaurant, aslong as we're staying at Koh Phangan! ;)

Room Tip: fan room was great, only the matrasses are little hard. but the bungalows looked realy great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I did my 5th detox at Ananda Wellness Resort in May and, as always, had a fantastic cleanse there. I have done other detoxes (annually since 1997, but sometimes on my own using either Vitr-a-Tox or Arise and Shine) and even others in Thailand (the Health Oasis on Koh Samui, formerly the Healing Child). Ananda is definitely the best detox experience I've had of all of them.

The simple reason is the full-service experience. The staff prepares everything for you - twice daily colemas, your shakes, supplements, broth, and coconuts, etc. The daily massage was exceptional, the sauna is hot, steamy, and quiet, the pool (salt-water non-chlorinated) was recently remodeled, and the daily Agama Yoga class is great. I love the care and attention of the staff. They're flexible with my personal needs and remind me of the schedule if I forget the time. They've even been known to bring my juice to my room when I've been too lost in a book or something. And speaking of the rooms, they're not huge but they've got double beds, ample room for Yoga and your luggage, and hot water. For me, it's simple, clean, and fine. If you want fancy, you can book the bungalows.

I consider this detox a very personalized, almost VIP experience (after doing many self-administered cleanses and even other detoxes where you self-served the whole experience). The service greatly enhances the experience and the success of the detox in general. I love it here and I always look forward to coming back again!

Thanks Villy and Vangelis for everything. :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
#1 of 91 in Ko Pha Ngan
Absolute Sanctuary
Absolute Sanctuary
#24 of 227 in Bophut

Been to Ananda Yoga & Detox Center? Share your experiences!