“good experience, all the way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Ananda Wellness Resort
Ko Samui, Thailand
“good experience, all the way”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

very good detox program! I did the 11 days (2 prepare days, 7 detox and 2 after) and stayed at one off Ananda's fan room. the matrasses are a bit hard, that was the only thing I would improve.
Nice salt water swimmingpool, herbal steamroom (open every day!) daily massage. excellent en friendly staf! stunning sunsets views from restaurant.
When you finaly are aloud to eat: Ananda has a great restaurant (veggie and non veggie) and realy cheap.
Villy, the manager, is always around to answer your questions when needed. The only thing I didn't like, was the yoga at Agama, but thats just because I did not liked that particulary kind off yoga. when you do, then its greate because you can join a class every day (except sundays)!
I feel realy good and lost also a lot off weight!
Thank you Ananda! We still come for lunch at your restaurant, aslong as we're staying at Koh Phangan! ;)

Room Tip: fan room was great, only the matrasses are little hard. but the bungalows looked realy great!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I did my 5th detox at Ananda Wellness Resort in May and, as always, had a fantastic cleanse there. I have done other detoxes (annually since 1997, but sometimes on my own using either Vitr-a-Tox or Arise and Shine) and even others in Thailand (the Health Oasis on Koh Samui, formerly the Healing Child). Ananda is definitely the best detox experience I've had of all of them.

The simple reason is the full-service experience. The staff prepares everything for you - twice daily colemas, your shakes, supplements, broth, and coconuts, etc. The daily massage was exceptional, the sauna is hot, steamy, and quiet, the pool (salt-water non-chlorinated) was recently remodeled, and the daily Agama Yoga class is great. I love the care and attention of the staff. They're flexible with my personal needs and remind me of the schedule if I forget the time. They've even been known to bring my juice to my room when I've been too lost in a book or something. And speaking of the rooms, they're not huge but they've got double beds, ample room for Yoga and your luggage, and hot water. For me, it's simple, clean, and fine. If you want fancy, you can book the bungalows.

I consider this detox a very personalized, almost VIP experience (after doing many self-administered cleanses and even other detoxes where you self-served the whole experience). The service greatly enhances the experience and the success of the detox in general. I love it here and I always look forward to coming back again!

Thanks Villy and Vangelis for everything. :-)

1 Thank shaktilori
Zipolite, Mexico
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ananda Resort is a laid back place with friendly staff. I have done a couple of detoxes there and look forward to returning next year. Its a relaxed yet professional process leaving you feeling refreshed and the price is good compared to some other Detox centers in Thailand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recently spent 8 days at Ananda; 2 of which were in pre-detox and 6 without food.
These days were fun, focused and fasting never caused hunger.
I felt well cared for over this time...enjoying the pool and the massages were the 'icing on the cake' as it were.
My yoga time was energising and while I engaged primarily in the 12 straight 'salutes to the sun' they were all I needed at this time to further lift my spirit.
I would highly recommend the experience ~ having lost just short of 6 kgs in that time and trust that over the next few weeks my goal will be achieved.
It was stated that I would continue to feel good and strong for some time after resuming my usual life and this energy has given me the confidence and strength to step away from a destructive relationship that I have been in for a number of years now. I appreciate there may be times when I don't feel fantastic yet to cleanse within is and will remain a process that permeates all parts of my being.
The staff at Ananda are supportive, encouraging and friendly; assisting with any enquiries/making your stay comfortable and nurturing.
Do yourself a favour and make your health your top priority and watch more magic unfold!! <3

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Natalie P
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had my first detox ever, took the 11-day detox program and lost 6 kgs in total. Staffs were pleasant and very accommodative. Villy and Nor were very helpful and patient in guiding me to my first ever detox program. Indeed a Life changing experience!

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Detoxprogram there was really amazing. Staff was so wonderful and supporting. I lost totally 6 kilos and my skin is glowing.I'm feeling so good and happy now. Want to change my eating habbits totally. I recommed also the liver flushing. It was tough to me, but something that better do there than home alone. Best massage also and I loved that steamsauna. Warmly recommend this place.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The detox program looks very challenging at first, but the professional crew, the many things you need to do and the support you get all the time makes actually easy.
You loose aprox 1 kg a day, I got rid of parasites cleaned my liver from many years of hard work, and met great people...
The real effect comes the days safer finishing, I feel so good , like a real transformation...
I do recommend it highly. .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
#21 of 362 in Ko Pha Ngan
Sunset Cove Resort
Sunset Cove Resort
#16 of 92 in Ko Pha Ngan

Been to Ananda Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!