“Great Mexican Food”
Review of Ando Loco

Ando Loco
Ranked #83 of 409 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican food at backpacker prices. Imported spices, slow cooked family style flavors incorporated by an American Chef with over 15 years in the business. Killer Margaritas including out Jumbo 650 ml Margarita made only with real tequila. Come see for your self!
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The food is of a high quality and the jumbo Margerita are a delight. I have been here on quite a few occasions and have not had any complaint regarding the food or the service. Very good value. Recommended

There are newer reviews for Ando Loco

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I think this is an average mex restaurant. Very tasty nachos, good chicken fajitas, poor chicken enchilladas. Price was globally honest, about 800 baht for 3 dishes and 2 small beers. I would overall suggest this place.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was here early July for dinner with my bf and it wasn't as good as what my bf have thought: I had chimichanga and wasn't as great as when I had it in Jakarta for somewhat the same price, and there wasn't much cheese on this one than what I had in Jakarta (why so stingy on cheese?). Portion was smaller, as well. A previous reviewer of this resto was right, that the food came too quick than normal.. It made me thought that the food was pre-made, thus not fresh. The music wasn't even a Mexican/Latin themed which, to me, killed the Mexican-suppose-to-be atmosphere.

In conclusion it is an average restaurant, even some food on night market tastes and values better than this one :/

3  Thank melumbers
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had been to this restaurant in mid-2013 whilst backpacking at the start of my tripm and had fond memories of it, so was keen to return a year later, this time with my girlfriend in tow. The décor hadn't changed much, nor had the menu from what I remembered, obviously the owners had seen to have found a winning formula.

Unfortunately, I found this time I left the place feeling a little disspointed as my trip last year. Firstly, when we entered I had a problem; I am a hip-hop / rap fan, absolutely love it. However, when I come to a Mexican restaurant, to give a little more authenticity , I enjoy having traditional Mexican music on the background. Having Eminem blurting out on the speakers, at a pretty high volume also, spoiled the atmosphere completely for me.

For starters we had the tortillas with side sauces (the side sauces were pointless paying extra for as there were similar sauces free already provided on our table). They were okay though.

I enjoy getting absolutely stuffed on Mexican food, and considering the price I paid for the burrito, I was left unsatisfied (I honestly probably could have managed another one). There were no sides, just the burrito itself. There was cheese in there apparently (didn't notice any) but overall flavour-wise I will admit it wasn't a bad burrito. I ended up finishing what my girlfriend left on her plate.

If money is no object for you here, you will probably have a better time as you will be able to order another main if you're still hungry (and although expensive a varied cocktail range also). However, as many people on the island will be backpackers, who are usually watching their spends, I would say there are better places to spend your money for the price range - If you want to splurge there are many other eateries along the Baan Tai / Thong Sala road. It's definitely something a little bit different in the area, but judging by the reviews it seems like it can be a bit hit and miss.

3  Thank Korally
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Ate here tonight based on the great reviews. There was one other table in the restaurant, and we sat down and ordered some food.

It was all edible, but to be frank, it was boring, bland and missing a bit of TLC.

The service was just poor. Young girl with blonde hair just sat on the seat beside us and waited for us to tell her what we wanted, didn't even ask.

The food arrived within a few mins (no more than 6 mins absolute max) and was just warm. There was not a chance this was all cooked fresh to order. I've been in fast food chain stores that take longer to send food out. I'm not against getting my food quickly, but there's quick service, and super quick service that makes you wonder how they managed to actually cook anything. I don't believe it was microwaved, but I DO believe that absolutely everything is prepped and ready to just get quickly heated and thrown out of the kitchen.

Having read the owners responses to other reviews questioning his food, I've decided not to mention what I ordered, as I don't want each menu item described again with the ending we cook fresh, as I don't believe it.

There are simply too many reviews saying the same thing about reheated food for everyone to be so wrong. I get the impression that when it's busy it would be better, but as the area is quiet at the moment they're just going through the motions waiting for it to pick up.

So much better food in the area to chance it here.

3  Thank Padwala