“I love it!”
Review of Ando Loco

Ando Loco
Ranked #83 of 409 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican food at backpacker prices. Imported spices, slow cooked family style flavors incorporated by an American Chef with over 15 years in the business. Killer Margaritas including out Jumbo 650 ml Margarita made only with real tequila. Come see for your self!
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I love Mexican food! And this place is just amazing. Obviously, it is not the best Mexican restaurant in the world, but the food here is pretty good. I recommend the burritos and fish tacos. Guacamole is awesome! And all their margaritas are pretty good, too. The atmosphere here is great and the owner really nice. I highly recommend this to all the people who need some change from Thai cuisine (I certainly needed it!).

There are newer reviews for Ando Loco

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Amazing food, I went back 3 times in my two weeks on Koh phangan. Generous portion sizes, fresh ingredients. So many vegetarian options. The margaritas are yum too! Great value. I recommend the burrito but try it all!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very good mexican food, a good change from thai food.Great atmosphere, a pool table if you feel like it, plus it all outside!

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited because of all the wonderful reviews and our love of Mexican food. While the food was certainly palatable we wouldn't call it the "best Mexican food in the world." We have had Mexican back home in almost all 50 states across the USA and can easily think of at least a dozen places that were better. We have no complaints, but one shouldn't go in expecting anything amazing; it's just typical gringo-fied, Mexican-inspired dishes.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Being from California where we have more Mexicans than Baja and more Mexican restaurants than grocery, liquor and tobacco shops combined, I have become particularly picky about where I decide to consume 1,000+ calories of Vato-Loco grub. I consider myself a lucky man though, not because of the golden spoon which the good lord shoved up my keester upon conception, but the fact that not only have I had the pleasure year in and year out to indulge in the hedonism of Ko Phangan, but more importantly, indulge in the finest Mexican grub in quite possibly the world.
Imagine taking fine Mexican delights, mixing them with a dasher of Thai spice, cooked by Thai women and lady-boys demanding nothing but the best, and of course served by the Loco Man himself Ando; you my friend, will have nothing but the finest dinning experience not only on the island, but perhaps this side of The Mississippi hot diggity river.
I will be back for the fifth time in seven years to Ko Phangan. After dropping off my bag, renting a scooter and grabbing a Leo Beer from 7-11, my first destination will be, as usual, Ando Locos.
See you soon my amazing, bald vato friend.
My favorite is the to begin with three tacos, followed by three beers and three tequila shots, and then one fine torts. It is not a nocturnal emission my friends, that is real life, the perfect life in a nutshell.