“Nice place, beautiful location, bad timing”
Review of Seaview Rainbow

Seaview Rainbow
Ranked #38 of 132 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Copenhagen
“Nice place, beautiful location, bad timing”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at Seaview Rainbow for 4 nights.

The bungalows are simple but everything is working. They are a bit worn and the cleanliness is not spotless but acceptable. You're on the beach!
We were in the first wooden bungalow from the beach. Every morning the sea was the first thing we saw, and every evening we had first row views of the sunset from our hammocks.
You are supplied with towels and a mosqito net but not much else. Toiletpaper was supplied when asked for.
We payed 800 baht, which is on the high end, especially considering no hot water and only fan.

The restaurant is good, cheap and the the service is friendlyand fast.

The woman who runs the place is friendly and helpful

When I can't rate this place any higher it's because of all the noise. We were here in the middle of high season when the place is crowded with a bunch of old time, returning guest from Germany, who are here to have a good time, which means quite a few beers, naturally raising the volume significantly. To make things worse we were placed between two parties, travelling together, who insisted on drinking on their varandas. Especially one guy was ever so loud, woke us in the middle of the night while trying to scare a party crowd of the beach. Only to participate in his wifes birthday party the next night. A party which lasted till 5.30 ending with loud, german schlager hits.
In the restaurant they play loud lounge music all day and the male is very loud, yelling everytime a new guest walks in.

This place is good if you're in for a party - we were not. We wanted a calm and quiet spot and those are luckily plentiful around.
I reckon this place would leave another impression if you visit outside high season. After all they do have a lot of returning guests.

Room Tip: The first wooden bungalow on your right, walking from the beach offers great sunset views, but you...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arezzo, Italy
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been there so many times already..it feels like to be at home...Koa and his wife Eiw are running this place and after a while you really feel like to be part of the family there...so warm and friendly and efficient all the staff.
Bungalows are large and clean, the balcony allows to enjoy at best a wonderful sea view and sea breeze...the beach in front of the resort is gorgeous....white sand on clear water of different variations of blue colour.. the general atmosphere is very chilling... but if u want to party, you can find your way very close...just recommended as the best place in Koh Phangan!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mouse Island, Maine, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I'm surprised by the negative reviews by the group of friends who stayed here over Christmas.
I have stayed at Seaviewrainbow 3 times over as many years and enjoyed my stay each time. The reason I have returned has partly been due to the friendliness of the owners Koa and Eiw and the staff who went out of their way to make sure I had a pleasant stay.

I remember the owner Koa letting me store some fruit in his fridge with no dramas :-)

The bungalows are basic but clean and comfortable and even the ones set back from the beach still have a great view from the balcony. I found them great value for money. If you want facilities such as tv, fridge, aircon etc then there are plenty of other options elsewhere but of course you will pay more.
I personally prefer to watch the sunset from my hammock and feel the ocean breeze than watch tv in an aircon room :-)

Seaviewrainbow is set on a lovely quiet stretch of beach in Ao sritanu with plenty of amenities close by.

I would recommend these bungalows and will definitely stay here again when I return to koh phangan

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Nickywooo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am appalled by the comments I have read on this website as I am recently back from my second stay at Seaview rainbow bungalows.
I have always thought Tripadvisor was valuable source of information when travelling and have used it for advice on many occasions. To start with that is not a photo of the bungalows at Seaview rainbow, which makes me think are all these comments about the actual Seaview Rainbow??
Seaview Rainbow is located is a small village with everything you could possibly need within walking distance. The bungalows very reasonably priced, they are located on a beautiful beach, they are spotless with flushing toilets!!!
It is a family run business; you could not ask for friendlier or more helpful staff, they would literally do anything for you. The owner is fluent in English, therefore making communication very easy. I never saw him entertaining a crowd of drunk people as a pervious comment suggests. For me the owner made my stay in Seaview Rainbow and Thailand. The food, European or Thai, is always served to a high standard. The owner is constantly updating his resort with the latest amenities.
Seaview Rainbow is suitable for all age travellers. It a peaceful and quiet beach / area, with some new restaurants opening in recent times that cater for all tastes. Within fifteen minutes’ drive you can be on the beach in Haad Rin for the Full Moon party, and there is never any problem getting a taxi back to Seaview Rainbow.
If you are looking for true Thai experience and chance to meet fabulous people, Seaview Rainbow is the place to stay!!!
On a final note, this website should monitor the information posted to ensure people are referring to the right resorts.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nickynewcullen
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our stay was made special by the owner Koh and his family who invested a lot of his time making sure we were happy and comfortable. The beach is beautiful, the staff friendly and the rooms were just right for our purpose. We were recommended Seaview Rainbow by friends and people we met while staying there were regulars who return year after year. Don't let the below bad reviews put you off, our experience was brilliant and we will be returning without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Chocscoffer
Muenster, Germany
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Seaview Rainbow lays at a great and calm beach. The bungalows are a little dirty, no toilet flush and there have been several cockroaches in the bathroom. The fan only worked on level three and so it was really loud. But we didn´t complain, this isn ot our style. You could stand that.

But however beautiful the beach is, the worse is the owner. He is very agressive and impolite. The staff tries to make everything right, in special the little boy working there is very nice, but everything gets messed up by the behavior of the owner.

There are always some people hanging out with him, who are pretty drunk. Most really look like they´ve a serious problem with alcohol. Simply the circumstances pull one down und you will not get any of the relaxation you want. Just do the only right thing and stay away there.

Room Tip: Don´t take ANY room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Fenjetzki
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Seaview Rainbow is located on a beautiful beach and the bungalows, while basic, are clean and have great views of the water. However, the owner is surly and uncooperative and dampened the mood of an otherwise passable resort. He spoke aggressively to my travel companions and tried to rip us off when I came down with food poisoning and needed a ride to the local hospital. He was also reluctant to provide basic amenities and asking for any assistance was a struggle.

The food served at the resort restaurant is mediocre and the wifi is unreliable, though that is likely unimportant to most beach vacationers.

Despite the decent accommodations, I discourage other travelers from staying at Seaview Rainbow. The owner's volatile temperament makes for a stressful and uncertain stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends