“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 125 Ko Phangan B&B and Inns
Mouse Island, Maine, United States
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I'm surprised by the negative reviews by the group of friends who stayed here over Christmas.
I have stayed at Seaviewrainbow 3 times over as many years and enjoyed my stay each time. The reason I have returned has partly been due to the friendliness of the owners Koa and Eiw and the staff who went out of their way to make sure I had a pleasant stay.

I remember the owner Koa letting me store some fruit in his fridge with no dramas :-)

The bungalows are basic but clean and comfortable and even the ones set back from the beach still have a great view from the balcony. I found them great value for money. If you want facilities such as tv, fridge, aircon etc then there are plenty of other options elsewhere but of course you will pay more.
I personally prefer to watch the sunset from my hammock and feel the ocean breeze than watch tv in an aircon room :-)

Seaviewrainbow is set on a lovely quiet stretch of beach in Ao sritanu with plenty of amenities close by.

I would recommend these bungalows and will definitely stay here again when I return to koh phangan

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Nickywooo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am appalled by the comments I have read on this website as I am recently back from my second stay at Seaview rainbow bungalows.
I have always thought Tripadvisor was valuable source of information when travelling and have used it for advice on many occasions. To start with that is not a photo of the bungalows at Seaview rainbow, which makes me think are all these comments about the actual Seaview Rainbow??
Seaview Rainbow is located is a small village with everything you could possibly need within walking distance. The bungalows very reasonably priced, they are located on a beautiful beach, they are spotless with flushing toilets!!!
It is a family run business; you could not ask for friendlier or more helpful staff, they would literally do anything for you. The owner is fluent in English, therefore making communication very easy. I never saw him entertaining a crowd of drunk people as a pervious comment suggests. For me the owner made my stay in Seaview Rainbow and Thailand. The food, European or Thai, is always served to a high standard. The owner is constantly updating his resort with the latest amenities.
Seaview Rainbow is suitable for all age travellers. It a peaceful and quiet beach / area, with some new restaurants opening in recent times that cater for all tastes. Within fifteen minutes’ drive you can be on the beach in Haad Rin for the Full Moon party, and there is never any problem getting a taxi back to Seaview Rainbow.
If you are looking for true Thai experience and chance to meet fabulous people, Seaview Rainbow is the place to stay!!!
On a final note, this website should monitor the information posted to ensure people are referring to the right resorts.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nickynewcullen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our stay was made special by the owner Koh and his family who invested a lot of his time making sure we were happy and comfortable. The beach is beautiful, the staff friendly and the rooms were just right for our purpose. We were recommended Seaview Rainbow by friends and people we met while staying there were regulars who return year after year. Don't let the below bad reviews put you off, our experience was brilliant and we will be returning without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Chocscoffer
Muenster, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Seaview Rainbow lays at a great and calm beach. The bungalows are a little dirty, no toilet flush and there have been several cockroaches in the bathroom. The fan only worked on level three and so it was really loud. But we didn´t complain, this isn ot our style. You could stand that.

But however beautiful the beach is, the worse is the owner. He is very agressive and impolite. The staff tries to make everything right, in special the little boy working there is very nice, but everything gets messed up by the behavior of the owner.

There are always some people hanging out with him, who are pretty drunk. Most really look like they´ve a serious problem with alcohol. Simply the circumstances pull one down und you will not get any of the relaxation you want. Just do the only right thing and stay away there.

Room Tip: Don´t take ANY room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Fenjetzki
Chiang Mai, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Seaview Rainbow is located on a beautiful beach and the bungalows, while basic, are clean and have great views of the water. However, the owner is surly and uncooperative and dampened the mood of an otherwise passable resort. He spoke aggressively to my travel companions and tried to rip us off when I came down with food poisoning and needed a ride to the local hospital. He was also reluctant to provide basic amenities and asking for any assistance was a struggle.

The food served at the resort restaurant is mediocre and the wifi is unreliable, though that is likely unimportant to most beach vacationers.

Despite the decent accommodations, I discourage other travelers from staying at Seaview Rainbow. The owner's volatile temperament makes for a stressful and uncertain stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank CaseyH85
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been staying at Seaview Rainbow Resort for 9 amazing months, and it has been a wonderful experience. At this family run resort, the people are relaxed, friendly & welcoming. The beach is 200meters of stunning white soft sand, gorgeous sunsets, and a warm nourishing ocean. The air is fresh and clean here. The night sky is deep and starry, on this minimally lit beach at night. The entire beach is quiet, and Bohemian. You can feel free to do yoga, Tao chi, running, along the beach. I have fallen in love with this place. I stayed in one of the beach front bungalows at Seaview Rainbow. The bungalows are very affordable. I'll never forget walking into my sunny bright bungalow for the first time and inhaling the fresh clean smell of the wooden bungalow, with clean beautiful smelling sheets and large balconies, not to mention the breath-taking view.

This time has been heavenly and transformative for me... And I am still here! I highly recommend Seaview Rainbow Resort.

Warmly,
Clara :)

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank claraclaraj
Chiang Mai, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

DON'T STAY HERE!!! After being recommended to stay at Seaview Rainbow, some friends and I booked three bungalows over Christmas. The beach itself is beautiful and quiet, the bungalows were reasonably priced, it's not very clean, but it didn't really bother us to much. The only terrible part was that the man running the place, named Koh, is down right rude. It is a shame because it is a nice enough place and his wife is quite friendly.

A friend of mine, who was arriving a day late, had a reservation for a room, which I confirmed with staff upon my arrival. I told them that she would be arriving later in the evening, but It wasn't until she arrived at 9:30pm that he informed us that he had given her room away to someone else. Instead of apologizing or admitting that there was some kind of communication he yelled at us saying that it was my fault for not re-confirming with him a third time, that she was, in fact, coming that night. He also refused to give my friend a pillow or a blanket even though I told him she would be sleeping in the hammock. When his wife came up to our room a few minutes later we told her how rude he had been and she dismissed his behavior by saying "He gets angry when he's drunk". She did, however, oblige us with an extra pillow and blanket for my friend who had to sleep in the hammock.

The next afternoon two of my different friends asked a young boy working there if they could put half a sandwich left over from lunch in the fridge. The boy agreed at put the food in the fridge, but the man working there from the night before came over and told them they had to leave because they were being disrespectful by putting their food in the fridge. My friends apologized and told him that they meant no disrespect, but he told them they had to leave anyway. A man waiting around with a backpack was already waiting to take the room, and we assume he was offering a higher price for the bungalow they were staying in.

We also are assuming part of the reason we were treated so poorly is because we did not eat or drink in their restaurant after the first day, because two of our friends got food poisoning from the food there.

The rest of us decided we needed to leave after our friends got kicked out so we went next door to "Nice Sea Resort". It was SUCH a better experience. The people really do live up to their name. The rooms were the same price, they were cleaner, with hot water, flushing toilets, and better (and cheaper) food.

Save yourself a headache and skip Seaview Rainbow all together.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends