Sabaii Bay Resort
$63
$52
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
$136
$78
$69
$39
  • Breakfast included
Phangan Bayshore Resort(Ban Hat Rin)(Great Value!)
$97
$58
$280
$237
Agoda.com
All reviewshaad rinfull moon partyamazing infinity poolair connice pool and beachdeluxe bungalowonward travela family run businesscloser to the beachfood marketslice of paradisebeautiful sunsetpay bahtstayed here for nightsminute drivelounge areabeach view
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Since I already stayed at this place in january 2010, and I enjoyed my time there alot, I decided to come back on my last thailand trip, and I surely didnt regret it. The couple running the place is extremely lovable, and coming back there felt really good and familiair. They treat you like a part of the family, and are always up for a chat. The food (try the Green Curry!) is prepared with style and quickly served, and definitly not overpriced if you look at the quality of it. they have rooms for all budgets, I stayed in a fan bungalow, which was very clean, and spacious. location is close to the party action on the island, but still far enough away to have a relaxing time. go there! dont miss out folks!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I came to full moon two years ago and it was an extreme blast! I decided to go to Thailand and visit my Foreign Exchange student that I hosted again in May. We then decided to go to full moon as well but it was too late to book unless we wanted to pay 3,000 a night. So we decided to just travel to the island without any where to stay hoping to find something cheap and nice when we made it to the island. So, we arrived to the island and began our process of negotiation on the pier with the owner's sister. We were looking for a fan room but none were available for that day so she offered us an A/C room for 1,500 and then the next day we could transfer to a fan room for 500 which is normally 800. We talked her down to 1,300 for the A/C and 500 for the fan. She then agreed and wrote it down on their pamphlet and then the owner took us to her car to take us to our resort. We waited for about 5 min, then we left. She wanted 100 for the taxi ride to the resort and we paid her then and there. We got to the resort and it was beautiful. We met her Swedish husband and everyone was so friendly at first. She took us to our room and then told us that we had to stay three nights and that we could stay in the fan room for an extra night for 500. She said think about it and she headed off to do business back at the pier. The room was very nice. We went to go pay for our room and paid 1,300 and the male receptionist told us that the fan rooms were all booked for tomorrow... So we paid our one night in the A\C room (1,300 + 500 deposit) and waited for the owner to come back and deal with her. We
Went back to our room and began to get comfortable. Then the receptionist came to our bungalow and proceeded to tell us that they have found someone else who will pay full price for the air conditioned room for three nights. So our choice they gave us was either stay for 1,800 per night for 3 nights or leave even though we made our prior deal of 1,300 and 500 fan room. I was very upset!!! They realized that they basically gave us the room for dirt cheap and was trying to kick us out to make more money. I was not going to leave unless they found something for us somewhere else for equal or better of their first offer. The receptionist went to go figure things out and told us there is a fan room for 700 somewhere else. I said no, I want 500 or cheaper if you want me to leave and I want to talk to the owner not you.

The owner came back and we began to discuss the situation at hand. She said that we had to stay in the A/C room for three nights for full price or leave. She offered to find us something I said no. We were offered this deal and handed her the pamphlet saying "A/C 1,300, fan 500." I told her she will give us this deal or better for your screw up. She then said, 3,500 for three nights in the A/C room. I said deal. That made our room 1,133 baht per night which was cheaper than our first offer.

We then paid the rest of our bill I will break it down below.

1,300 A/C Paid
500 Deposit Paid
=1,800 Paid

3,500 A/C 3 Nights
500 Deposit
-1,800
2,200 owed

We paid 2,200 more for three nights in our A/C room and were pleased and thought our troubles were over. We then ate lunch and the menu was not up to date and had a sticky note on the front stating that all the prices were increased by 10 baht. Also all of the food was very expensive but very tasty. A small water is 30 baht. I understand the point of connivence equals increased price.

We tried to pay for our bill and try said we could pay later tonight.

We went an took a nap after our long travel and then woke up for dinner. We ordered and ate dinner then tried to pay for our meal once again, and they said we could pay tomorrow. We then left for full moon soon after and had a great night.

The next morning we rented a motorbike from them for 200 baht for about 24 hours. We tried to pay for that as well and they said they will put it on the tab. We left to eat elsewhere because we did not like the service we had at the resort nor did we want to pay the extremely high prices. We ate and came back and demanded to pay for our tab. The male receptionist said he was very busy and would have to wait. He then acted like he was busy and we went and sat down. He then walked over to a couple of guys and began a conversation with them for about 5 min. I said loudly, I wonder if he is still busy.... I was very angry once again.

We waited for a few more min and then I went up to the course and asked the owner to see our tab so we knew where we were at so we could plan accordingly. She said 630 baht and I said for what. (I kept track of our tab on my phone and was simply making sure they weren't screwing us over.) She said that our taxi ride was 100 from the pier to the resort and it was in our bill. (We have already paid that as stated in the begging of the story.) We then tried to discuss this dispute with her and she said wait a min then sat down and began to talk to her family for 20 min while we were waiting. Finally I left and my foreign exchange student stayed to wait. She came back and said that we paid our bill for 530. I asked if we paid for the motorbike and she said no, we wait till tomorrow when we turn it back in.

They simply do not recognize us unless we want something that costs money. They are simply trying to make us made to make us leave early and keep our money we paid and have more people stay in room. That's how we even got our room because the people before us paid and planned to stay for 3 nights but decided to leave a day early. So the resort technically made double on the room for the day, and want that process to occur again. We have decided to turn on all electrical devices on in the bungalow to raise their bills along with a hair straightener that is on, the A/C on full blast, and having the hot shower run for the whole day. We deserve respect and if we do not receive it then they will receive a very high bill after we leave.

We have two more nights to go and absolutely hate the service, but love our room. Will never stay here again. I'm sure something else will happen with the motorbike when we try to pay for that and you will see that review + story soon!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Wink201019922014
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The owners of Sabaii Bay are so super friendly they make you feel like part of the family from the moment you arrive until they drop you off at the pier.

We booked in October, in preparation for the full moon party, and when we arrived we were moved into a bigger bungalow, which was a lovely surprise. The location itself is beautiful. Sabaii Bay has direct access to the beach, 100m or so from your bungalow. The room itself was spacious and extremely clean. With your own porch at the front, you have the opportunity to chill in the hammock.

Haad Rin is a 10-15 minute taxi ride from Sabaii, but the owners are more than happy to take you. As it's in Ban Tai, it's a nice break from the parties in Haad Rin. Also, Thongsala town centre is a 15 minute walk from the resort. The resort has a really chilled atmosphere. However, the owners are really skilled at creating the right mix of party and relaxation which creates a fantastic communal environment.

Every item on the restaurant menu is delicious! From Thai food to Western food, the staff really know what they are doing. We highly recommend the coconut milk soup! The whole team of staff are clued up and friendly, which makes everything so easy. Plus, they are always up for a chat and a laugh.

We managed to lock our key in the room three times but never did this become a problem, it was always resolved with a laugh and a smile. I also managed to take the key with me upon leaving. I have posted it back and hope it doesn't cause too much of a problem!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2010

the owner and his wife from the start made us feel at home, they were extremely helpful and organized all we wanted to do. The bungalow was very clean with all you need for a good rest. the resort itself was amazing. the beach was within 100 meters of your bungalow, the restaurant was superb, everything about it was great.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
girlygirl363738, General Manager at Sabaii Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Island of Koh Pangan

Thank you very much for the wonderful review and rest assured we will continue to allow the feeling to all that they are always a family when they come inside this property and also we will try our very best to give our 100% service to all so that we can be a very good and very effective in the near future for our future guest.

Again thank you and hope to see you again

Best Regards,

Sabaii Bay Resort Team

Reviewed June 30, 2010

Owners super friendly, location is great atmoshpere is very relaxed. security not an issue and its only 15 minutes from the action at haad rin for half the price, would reccommend staying here over haad rin or the northwest.

great place to recover after the full moon, and everything is closeby on the scooters.

food great also

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank anthony_maher

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Koh Pangan.

I would like to say thank you for the wonderful review and rest assured we will try our very best to give more to what the guest is expecting and we will continue doing all the best we can to be able to give our clientele a 100% PAR EXCELLANCE kid of service to all.

Again thank you very much coming from all of us.

Best Regards,