“One of the best restaurant on the island”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 423 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ban Tai's original seafood restaurant opened more than 8 years ago by a local fishing family who have fished in the area for generations and have exceptional knowledge of local seafood. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats. Finish off your meal with a delicious dessert or one of our many fresh fruit cocktails served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Large Groups max 8 persons Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm varies in low season
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had dinner there twice during our vacation in koh Phangan. Service is excellent and the location is very good, food is tasty and fresh with a large selection of thai and western option. I strongly recommend the seafood curry and the seafood platter.
Wine is ok, cocktails are surely a better option.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,234)

Reviewed August 25, 2014

searching for perfect thai food - phet phet curry, seafruits, fish, cocktails with perfect view to the beach - you`re right here

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I spent 4 months on Koh Phangan and this was the best restaurant I ate in. The seafood is amazing. There is a lovely beach area where you can sit and enjoy a cocktail and watch the sun set over an amazing view of the sea. The staff are very friendly and the owners could not be more helpful and welcoming. I can't speak highly enough of this restaurant and I really recommend anyone who is visiting Koh Phangan to take a visit to Fishermans :)

1  Thank Jayde L
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I was in Koh Phangan for 5 days and I ate there everyday. It's the best seafood you'll ever have. Everyone loved their food and the view.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've spent a lot of time on Koh Phangan on and off for the past three years, and am yet to find another restaurant on the island that completely matches Fisherman's on all levels; the cuisine, setting, and efficient, friendly service here are virtually second to none in my opinion (and I don't think I'm alone on this - pretty much everyone I've taken there with me have loved it too!).

If you're a larger group, you can dine in one of the purposely renovated fishing boats/tables at the front of the restaurant, and enjoy a perfectly uninterrupted view of the coastline and the setting sun (if you go at the right time, obviously!). The only place within striking distance of rivalling this place, I think, would be Peppercorn's in Haad Salad, but although you can't really compare the food (their specialties are completely different - Peppercorn's is a steak restaurant), I still don't think they can beat Fisherman's for location. Is there a better place on the island to enjoy a carafe of wine (or three) and a steaming bowl of mussels in a creamy white wine sauce (my personal fave!)? To be honest, I really doubt there is.

I definitely rate Fisherman's as one of the best dining establishments on Koh Phangan, so make sure you don't miss out if you visit the island - and book ahead if you're here during the Full Moon (or even Half Moon) dates, as every time I've tried to get in here during these times, it's been full. (Lesson now learned!) Congrats to the owners, Lek and Amanda, for setting up such a fab place.... I will definitely be back again, and again...