“Simply outstanding”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #25 of 473 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ban Tai's original seafood restaurant opened more than 8 years ago by a local fishing family who have fished in the area for generations and have exceptional knowledge of local seafood. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats. Finish off your meal with a delicious dessert or one of our many fresh fruit cocktails served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Large Groups max 8 persons Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm varies in low season
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were recommended Fisherman's by a fellow Brit at Koh Samui airport and we WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED. I was with a group of 5 people and although we all eat cod and prawns, none of us are massive on fish. I think Fisherman's Restaurant has converted us all into fish eaters. We had a selection of starters, however the Tom Yum soup was exquisite. I think it was arguably the best Tom Yum soup we had in the whole of Thailand. For mains we had a variety of Barracuda, White Snapper, River Prawns. Every single dish was amazing. The marinades on the fish were outstanding and took away any potency of the fish. Although the bill was quite pricey compared to other restaurants in Thailand, it was certainly worth every penny. Not only was the food exceptional but the service was sublime. I would recommend this to anyone, whether you are travelling as a couple, family or friends. The decor is very impressive, however this is the only slight negative. As the seating is all outside, there are a number of mozzies and flys. Make sure you spray yourself thoroughly before you go there. Other than than...faultless!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,361)

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended and on arrival they were fully booked but allowed us to wait a few minutes I case on a cancellation or No show!

Glad we waited the food was excellent and the service could not be faulted! The cost was also very good we both had 3 courses and with 3 beers and 2 red wines was around £36.

My husband had mussels and crab and then chocolate brownie whilst I had tempura shrimp, king prawn yellow curry and creme brûlée

Definitely will pay another visit before we leave the island. 5 stars+

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had a meal here with a couple of friends and was so impressed with the whole experience! The restaurant itself has a great atmosphere with an incredible setting. I had the seafood curry and it was the best seafood I have ever had! It wasn't even expensive, so the value for money was exceptional. The staff were very friendly and we had a very nice chat with one of the owners. If you are looking for a good meal on Koh Phangan then I strongly advise giving this place a shot, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

food was amazing. I had the seafood pasta. so fresh and a great amount of seafood to pasta.
amazing. staff very friendly. great experience. defiantly returning

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Me and my friends spent an amazing evening here. We'd had an awful experience at our guest house (orchard house) and turned up in a terrible mood. The staff and setting relaxed us immediately and we went on to have one of the best nights of our entire trip. The food is beautifully fresh, stunningly flavoured and seasoned perfectly. The restaurant is visually lovely too; beanbags, boats and lanterns pepper the beach. Go!