“Holy mother of seafood”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 363 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Asian, Thai, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ban Tai's original seafood restaurant opened more than 8 years ago by a local fishing family who have fished in the area for generations and have exceptional knowledge of local seafood. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats. Finish off your meal with a delicious dessert or one of our many fresh fruit cocktails served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Large Groups max 8 persons Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm varies in low season
London, United Kingdom
“Holy mother of seafood”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to this lovely place for a dinner and I got to say this was one of the best seafood I have had in Thailand. We ordered the big seafood plater which was amazing. By this I mean the crabs are to die for. Nice big juicy ....awwww I would definitely recommend to book a table in advance as this place can get really busy.
The staff there can speak good English and they are ever so nice and friendly.
Defo coming back

• Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Recommended 8/10”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Fisherman's has a great restaurant to which we went twice during our stay in Koh Phangan.

Pros

+ Great choice of Thai food
+ Friendly staff
+ Great location

Cons
- price

Overall recommended 8/10... But would encourage to explore some other restaurants

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“One of the best places I've ever eaten”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I spent a month in Thailand this year and enjoyed trying different restaurants at all price levels. This was hands down the best meal I had while in the country, so much so I ate there two nights in a row and I never do that on a trip. The ambiance in the ocean is unbeatable; dining in a boat in the sand is fun and the food exceptional. They didn't take credit cards at the time which was difficult with no ATM nearby but they lent us a scooter to drive to one, nothing beats their hospitality there.

• Visited April 2013
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

By far this was one of the best restaurants we ate at whilst we were in Thailand. They were very busy the night we went and they advised they had no tables but were able to offer us drinks at the bar and a look at the menu whilst we waited... It was worth the wait the food was outstanding and would recommend you stopping in for a meal whilst you stay on the island if you get the chance. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend this to anyone that would be going in the future.

Visited October 2013
Koh Tao, Thailand
“Lovely fresh seafood”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have eaten her on another occasion with my boyfriend. This time my friend and I ate here for dinner and had a lovely evening. My friend is gluten and dairy intolerant and the staff were excellent in accommodating her needs and making suggestions on suitable dishes. The seafood was fresh and delicious and really spoke for itself. We also had a lovely bottle of rose with our dinner. The setting is really beautiful and has been wonderfully decorated. All in all a lovely evening and definitely worth a visit if you are staying in Koh Phangan.

• Visited October 2013