“Best on the island”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #15 of 412 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ban Tai's original seafood restaurant opened more than 8 years ago by a local fishing family who have fished in the area for generations and have exceptional knowledge of local seafood. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats. Finish off your meal with a delicious dessert or one of our many fresh fruit cocktails served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Large Groups max 8 persons Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm varies in low season
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I'm sitting at Fisherman's right now - my fifth time in the two weeks I've been here. The restaurant is a delight. Terrific atmosphere - candles, sand beneath your toes, the water just beyond - and friendly, professional service. As for the food, simply the best Thai I have eaten on the island. Try the chicken no name and the massaman curry, which are especially great. Owners Amanda and Lek are also long term locals who are lovely and care so much about their restaurant and constantly improving it. A great experience all round.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed on Koh Phanghan for 10 nights and had dinner here for 5 of them. This restaurant has about 15 or more tables and was the only busy restaurant in the area even though our resort told us it was low season. Not surprising as the food was delicious we tried everything from the fresh seafood to many Thai dishes. One night we were sat next to a group of Thai customers who seemed to be eating everything off the menu a sure sign. We loved that you could have a romantic dinner or come with a group of friends which we did on our last night and the service was still perfect. The cocktails were amazing by far the best around. Some of the other guests from our resort with us where picky eaters but nothing was a problem everyone loved the experience watching the open kitchen and the service staff were very attentive. The owner is very friendly and helpful if you are not shy like us just ask them if you want local Thai food or any help about the menu. The restaurant has a beautifully thought out layout and is right on the beach.
When we return next year we will be back every night !!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

i have been to Thailand a number of times and was delighted to find the Fisherman's restaurant. the best place to be !! the food is so amazing , taste is very important to me , very nice drinks , very good prices and the place is like heaven , but what really made me love this place is the people who have the restaurant ! Amanda and Lek are the soul of that place !!!! keep your dream alive! it is you that make that place so nice and fabulous! we are coming back for sure!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We visited this restaurant 4 times on our trip and I have to say it just god better and better. I love spicy food so the waiter who spoke great English advised what the local Thai customers ordered and I was not disappointed. I had Tom Yum Thai Style wow the chef can cook. Seeing into this beautiful kitchen added to the great experience. We also had the seafood which I have to say after eating in other nearby restaurants this was the freshest and the chef who we were told was from a fishing family really knew his job. Cooked to perfection. On our last night we tried a mixture Thai food, Seafood and even their western dishes as its good to have the option and ah it was all the best food we had in our whole trip in Thailand

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Last June , I spent a week in Koh Phangan and had dinner at this wonderful restaurant ... 3 times! The staff is great , the food well prepared , the fish and seafood very fresh . A chill out and relaxed atmosphere , consequence of the outside seating , nice music , beautiful sunset and the amazing calm gulf of Thailand . The barracuda was very , very , very good and eveything else I tasted was so good , that it was difficult to choose from the menu . I met and became friend of a group of people , from diferent parts of the world ( Austrália , New Zeland , England , Portugal , USA , Italy) and we had the farewell dinner at this restaurant . A night to remember and the manager had to take a picture from us . Please keep serving like you do ...