“Grab one of the tables in the longboats!”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #15 of 442 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ban Tai's original seafood restaurant opened more than 8 years ago by a local fishing family who have fished in the area for generations and have exceptional knowledge of local seafood. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats. Finish off your meal with a delicious dessert or one of our many fresh fruit cocktails served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Large Groups max 8 persons Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm varies in low season
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Fantastic food, and what a view! One of my favourite meals in KP, and the staff were so friendly as well. If you can, definiately grab one of the tables in the longboats - the view is stunning and it feels like you're totally away from the hustle & bustle too. Especially enjoyed the pre- and post- full moon party smoothies.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,294)

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

filled all my expectations after reading some reviews here. perfect crab curry... well worth it! some flying ants when we arrived (they told us they come after some rain) but soon they were gone and the food was just perfect!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a brilliant place! My friend and I were a little bored with the average Had Rin fare and were looking for something special. We definitely found it here. The food was superb, beautifully fresh and the King Prawns were the best I've ever had. It was also very refreshing to have a couple of bottles of great red wine but my secret tip is to have a couple of bloody Mary's as you wait. They don't scrimp on the vodka and they use freshly squeezed tomato juice. Absolute heaven!
The highlight for my friend and I, however, were the lovely staff. An example of this, is the fact that we hadn't brought enough money and the manager drove me on the back of his moped to get some more. Now that's service!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place was so nice and friendly we ended up eating here most nights. Koa PhangYang has a real lack of quality restaurants that also have the atmosphere, views and most of all yummy food. We tried most things on the menu and loved them all, I highly recommend the No name and the smoothly style Mojitos! Excellent value for money and great authentic cuisine, you must visit in your next trio to the Island.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been to Thailand a number of times and was delighted to find the Fisherman's restaurant. i alwats thought that there was a real lack of quality restaurants in KoaPhangYang in particular.. this is by far my favourite restaurant and I ended up eating there so many times. The food was always delicious and very reasonably priced for the portions that you get. The atmosphere is so chilled and the restaurant itself is charming, I really recommend the smoothly still Mojitos and the seafood Noname... Makes me hungry thinking about it!