“Unhelpful staff”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 358 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: European, Asian, Thai, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ban Tai's original seafood restaurant opened more than 8 years ago by a local fishing family who have fished in the area for generations and have exceptional knowledge of local seafood. Offering a wide selection of fresh local seafood and traditional Thai home cooking with some signature dishes creating a unique dining experience. The restaurant is located on a stunning beachfront next to Ban Tai pier with the option of seating on traditional long tail fishing boats. Finish off your meal with a delicious dessert or one of our many fresh fruit cocktails served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't miss out on this local treasure. A must while visiting Koh Phangan! Booking advised during busy months and always around full moon and half moon periods and for larger groups at all times. Large Groups max 8 persons Opening hours kitchen 1pm until 10pm varies in low season
“Unhelpful staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I ate here in 2012, and the food was OK. The atmosphere is really what I like. At the time of my visit, it was average enough that I was not compelled to write a review. This year when I came back to Koh Phangan, I had a large group of friends come with me, 11 of us, and thought fisherman's would be a good place to take them. We were turned away because we didn't have a reservation. They were full of 2 person tables. I normally wouldn't be to bothered by this, but they were unhelpful in letting us make a reservation. They did not know exactly when they were booked, said they needed to call the owner, and we just ended up leaving amidst the staffs confusion. 10 minutes of trying to make a simple reservation left me embarrassed in front of the people I took for a nice meal. I would think such a highly rated restaurant would want, and be able, to book an 11 person table.

• Visited May 2012

• Thai first
Bemboka, New South Wales, Australia
“amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've been to fisherman's twice now, & the food, staff, atmosphere & prices are all fantastic. If you love seafood, both western & thai style, you can't go past this place. The staff make you feel welcome & the service is great. Nothing is a problem. The food is fresh, & the portions are perfect, so are the prices. I loved the atmosphere & the new setup they have, it has a nice chilled (romantic) feel, and the torches with the soft light from the flames give it that cosy feel. I highly recommend anyone visiting koh phangan to put this on your to do list!!

• Visited April 2013
London
“Thai charm with western flare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was staying in a place opposite the Fishermen Restaurant, I was told be a few people to check it out. Great food and great service! Highly recommended! In my opinion, the best restaurant in Koh Phangan. Friendly atmosphere and staff with the best seafood I've had in a long while.

• Visited March 2013
Barcelona
“Fabulous, really worth a stop here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I remember seeing some good reviews of this place and then completely forgot about it. We were going to a party at the Loi Lay floating bar and wanted to get something to eat before and saw the sign for this place, and I immediately remembered it. Really glad we came in the end!
It still has the whole relaxed beach feel but with some sophisticated touches. For instance sand floors but paved path to get to the toilets. Toilets: super clean, worthy of 4 star place but straight off the sand.
The food was very reasonably priced for somewhere like this, I was quite surprised, in fact the same price as some really basic places would serve.
We treated ourselves to wine and cocktails, the glass of wine especially was really cheap given that it was a quality bottle of South African.
The service was good and professional. The music playing was what you would hear in any funky restaurant/bar in a big western city and made a nice change from the usual bob marley or jack johnson.
So all in all a nice bit of luxury without paying over the odds... definitely worth it even if you are on a tight budget.

• Visited March 2013
London
“great food and cocktails romantic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Lovely little restaurant serving great fresh seafood, wine and cocktails in a romantic, chilled setting.

Visited February 2013