“Great location for the full moon party, nice pool, good service and fair prices”

Phangan Bayshore Resort
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at the Bayshore Resort at Hadrin beach in November. The place is well kept, the pool is super nice and the service was good. We decided to upgrade our reservation on the spot for the Beach Front Building which faces right on the beach (since the difference was so minimal). I think the standard room sea view would have also been fine. The room had a gorgeous view of the beach right in front of us. It was very spacious and quite clean, with a strong air conditioner. The mattress was quite hard in my opinion. They came and cleaned the room each time we asked and brought new towels.
Breakfast was included with the room and was actually quite good and filling.
The location of the hotel is ideal - right on Hadrin beach and steps away from the Full Moon party. Also on the central strip of the area with restaurants everywhere. Surprisingly we didn't find it too loud at night when we actually wanted to get some sleep.
Go to Cocohut if you want the full spa experience though.
All in all a great place to stay for enjoying and partying in Koh Phangan.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Phangan Bayshore Resort

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place is horrible and a proper tourist trap. It looks good on the web page, but you will get very disappointed.

WARNING! If you are 3 people they will try to rip you off! We booked a bungalow for 3 people on the Internet. Upon arrival they tried to charge us 50% extra (cash off course) for the third person, which we already payed for. We didn't have the recipe printed out. They kept our passports to the next day, where we went on the net and printed out the written receipt that stated "1 bungalow - 3 persons". After this you thought that now you've won. But no, they still tried to make us pay extra for the 3rd person. Since the full moon party was on, its impossible to get accommodation anywhere on the island, and they are taking advantage of that. They said they needed to talk to the manager and after a few days it turns out he was there the whole time! After a long argument we got out passports back and did not pay anything.

It turns out they pulled this trick on many other people there, who actually payed because they was afriad to get kicked out!

Ants everywhere in and outside the room, the aircon is fixed, so during the day the temparture goes up to around 30-35 degrees. Not nice when you have been drinking all night! The toilet in teh room was a joke, shower didnt work properly, the TV had a big whole in it (looked like somebody put a candle on it the melted all the way through like 10 years ago).

Breakfast was disgusting!

Only good thing is the location, if you are planning to go to the full moon party, but there are loads of other good places with good location. Dont go to this place!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Joel R
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We spent a week staying around Sunrise Beach on Koh Phangan, in 3 different places. We decided to try Bayshore after 3 days at the truly delightful Palita Lodge, which is just a little way down the beach from Bayshore. I'd booked via my iPhone so didn't have a printout of my reservation, but that hadn't mattered anywhere else. On check-in, the guy asked for my printout - I explained I didn't have it but asked if he had a notification of our reservation - he said no, and insisted I show him the reservation. I asked if I could connect to Wifi to retrieve it, and he said I had to pay (this was a surprise - all the other places we stayed had free wifi). So I had to pay B50 to access the wifi and show him my reservation - at which point he reached across the desk, and there was a printout of our reservation all ready to go; he handed it to me with a smirk.

If I hadn't produced my reservation he'd have charged me for the room a second time. A very profitable scam, no doubt.

Generally the staff there seemed fed up and unhelpful - who can blame them? If the management treat their customers like this, what could it be like to work there?

The breakfast buffet consisted of the worst food we had in a 3 week trip. Basically this was our only experience of rudeness and bad service in the 3 weeks we were there, and the only really poor food we were served. Besides Bayshore, pretty much everyone we met was friendly, and all the meals we had were good or downright great.

Yes, Bayshore has a nice pool and location, and the room was OK (though for the price, could have been smarter).

There are plenty of nice places in Koh Phangan, including several right on Sunrise Beach. Do yourself a favour and avoid Bayshore.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JerryBLondon
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Don't get me wrong...we came to Ko Phangan to party. In that respect, the hotel was good location. But that was about it. I know you see some good reviews, I believed them before staying here too. I think everyone I talked to here agreed: this place sucks the big one: Rusty shower handles, No shower curtain (Of course no separation b/w shower and bathroom floor), a huge dip in my mattress (back hurt every day when I woke up), NO room cleaning (unless you specifically ask) and AWFUL shower pressure. And, of course, they charge for wifi that doesnt even reach your room. For $100/night, you can do a LOT better. If the management is reading this, you REALLY need to clean this place up...its run-down and poorly managed. What a WASTE of a good location. Would not stay here again if you paid me.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PerennialStar
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Immediate impression was this had the most gorgeous pool ever! Right by the sea and huge! Rooms were well priced (as not full moon time when they double in price and occupancy too). Quite plain but clean and nice wet room bathroom with no vents.
Staff were ok but that helpful really.
Good location with easy access to the beach, other restaurants, bars and shops. Not to near the busy bars so could avoid the noise when in your room but easy to walk too.
Food here was ok- only ate here once, nothing special and a bit pricier than some others.
I really enjoyed my stay here, the pool was excellent and rooms met all our requirements. We stayed in a standard bungalow which was the cheapest they had but was one of the best places we stayed for cleanliness.
Overall I would stay here again and would recommend to friends going too. However, I would probably avoid it during full moon time as pictures suggest it gets horrific and very expensive too.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Above the normal backpackerstyle places of koh phangan. Brilliant location for all the party spits, yet the noisy clubs are a little further down the beach. The only night that it is crazy down this end is the fullmoon party. The hotel is lovely, pool overlooks the beach, resonably priced, not the quietest but for the location it's in.. Quiet enough. The only annoying thing is the hotel has a shortage of towels so bring your own.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank catgr
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Ok so air cond, pool, included breakfast and bang on the beach. It does get noisy but that never has bothered me. And strangely enough, it's not the music from Tommy resort i could hear but my neighbours coming home laughing so never mind the noise really ;)

Very clean.
And having toilets available while partying or if u go to the beach during the day is a big PLUS!! (otherwise u must pay)

Staff is not that warm but they do anything u ask them.
There is a shop and an emergency room ( avoid Sam though) just next door which have proven to be handy.

I would not go anywhere else if you want to party and still have good comfort!

Room Tip: downstairs, by the pool for more warm up parties or in the courtyard for more quietness...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo