First Villa Beach Resort
$102
$100
$58
Agoda.com
Phangan Bayshore Resort(Ban Hat Rin)(Great Value!)
$98
$53
Agoda.com
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
$149
$92
Priceline
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
$82
$62
$78
$53
$84
$70
Priceline
All reviewsbo bohaad rinfull moon partybody paintingpool area is so nicethai food i have hadair conditioned busbudget pricemakes this placeevery guestgreat englishhotel is lovelyexploring the islandpre drinksfriendliest staffhome from homegarden view
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I arrived at First Villa with my 10 month old baby and the manager Gita ( new ones I understand) bought a new cot for him to sleep in. Now thats good service. The gardens are absolutely beautifully kept..... Its a shame about the bathroom cleanliness though and I ended up cleaning it myself with Vim. My son loved Gita's husband Arun and the staff were very helpful, playing with my baby whilst I ate my meal. The pools nice too.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank 03solotraveller
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My partner and I ended up staying here the whole time in Koh Phangan which was unplanned but we liked it so much we extended it. I believe its not long been taken over by some new people and they run the resort fantastically.
We stayed at a bungalow with a beaut wee porch right in front of the pool and spa. The gardens around the bungalows are great with little frog ponds and lots of nice coloured flowers. The pool area is so nice to relax around, there were days we didnt move from there, ordering lunch by the side of our banana lounges. And its on the beach, so the pool is literally 20 metres from the beach and the views of the sunset are spectacular. We only ate Thai food from the menu, and we were not disappointed. It was the yummiest food (esp the pad thai & vege spring rolls.) Service was great, never once did we feel we didnt get our moneys worth for this resort. I highly recommend to anyone wanting to make their experience on Koh Phangan that little bit more special. Stay here!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ering08
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I had the same problems the first writer had. 3 people in reception that would not acknowledge me and it took forever. Throughout my stay I consistently found the employees to be a very lazy and a little rude. At the end of my stay, instead of running the shuttle back to the pear, as they were supposed to, they called for a taxi and I almost missed the boat. The room was OK but the bathroom was horrible. And you can forget about any kind of room cleaning service or mini bar replenishments. The only thing I really liked was the view, I accidently got the good room on the second floor above the restaurant. Also no internet and 5 religious channels on TV – plan on staying out.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Rustuk, Director of Sales at First Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Its new owners now and almost all staff were changed. Now resort offers free pick-up and more quality service on-site.

Reviewed February 11, 2010

Firstly I planned to stay at first villa's for one week over the high season. Booking this place over the internet it looked nice. We arrived at the hotel, after standing in reception for 10 mins we were finally acknowledged by the 3 staff members working. They could not find my booking that was fully paid for over the internet in advance. After another 20 mins standing in reception another member of staff arrived. 3 members of staff showed us to the bungalow and all 3 didn't even know how to turn on the air-conditioning.
We stayed for one night. Waking early in the morning to enjoy the beach, coming back in the afternoon to find money had been stolen from my room.
We asked for a refund for the remaining days and were laughed at by the owner and manager for the hotel. They refused to give us a refund, I was so annoyed, we left anyway without even an apology.

There is a lot of better places to stay on the island for the price of this bungalow hotel.
I would recommend haad yao beach its so beautiful and one of the nicest on the island.
We found a great hotel here that was cheaper than first villas and 100 times nicer.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed there during the full moon party in july09 for 4 nites (booked with a package from fullmoonparty.com) its clearly overpriced! the sink did not work and the water pressure in the shower was just lame.
the breakfast therefore is real good and with a great diversity and the view and pool and jacuzzi are just amazing. its quiet and a bit in the middle of nowhere with only like 2-3 bars at the beach. about 6km from haad rin and so u definitely need a scooter that u can rent there and some care on the road.
had a friend stay there after the full moon party and the reception wouldnt say anything tho i only booked for 1pax, which was really nice. therefore the receptionist can get outraged if u dnt ask her in a friendly way sometimes. its a good laugh after all:)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo