“Relaxing honeymoon”

Ranked #36 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Sydney, Australia
“Relaxing honeymoon”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I stated here as part of our honeymoon. The location is beautiful. If you are looking for 5 star luxury this isn't for you. We stayed in a private pool villa. Once I got over the fact it was a bit old and in need of some renovations, it was pretty beautiful. Yes some of the service was slow, but if your a couple that arnt too fussed on if the sheets are 1000 thread count and like the simple quite side of Island life, I would recommend
We had a beautiful stay.

• Stayed April 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I'l start by saying I'm not someone that moans! I read the reviews before I left for my holiday and based the bad ones upon people who where not easily pleased, I'm easily pleased however it was far from perfect! The staff are definitely unfriendly and not welcoming, everything you asks seems 'too much' We where at the top of a huge steep hill, it was not easy to get up and a struggle for a fit and healthy young couple, so be warned!! The room was nothing like what we expected and seemed dirty and full of small bugs! Don't waste your time on breakfast however the restaurant food is good. Although we were disappointed with the accommodation we still managed to enjoy our 5nights stay the location is perfect as in the evening you can walk onto the beach and have various bars and restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Gabriellaa89
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 20, 2014

If you're not going to Ko Phangan to party then this is a great location. Quite out of the way but beautiful and quiet. Unfortunately the staff let it down. Of the 7 hotels in Thailand I stayed at I found the staff here to be the most unfriendly. Not only upon check in but in the restaurant as well, didn't see a lot of smiles.

The staff that picked us up from the ferry (paid trip) tried to leave all of our luggage in the car park under watch of a taxi driver who was sitting on the other side of the car park. Only after everyone kicked up a fuss did they leave the 2nd staff member behind to wait with the luggage and the next car. The management didn't handle this issue very well when we brought it up with them upon arrival. When the check in staff offered us no explanation or apology we asked to speak to a manager only to be told they weren't at the resort. This was not a nice welcome.

Room Tip: We just had a standard room, it was up a steep hill but you get dropped off in a golf cart and the v...
2 Thank logannz
Montri P, Owner at Salad Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Regarding to the mentioned issue, the main caused of the problem is that language difficulties. As our driver could not speak English so that's why he can't explain or inform you that the luggages will be picked up by the pick-up truck. On the day that you arrived there are two cars were standing by at the pier which are one Van and a truck. As you can see that on that day all customers are prefered to be on the Van, in which there is no space left for the bags, so the decision as made my the Main hotel that all luggages will be follow with the open cap taxi. However, once you arrived at Salad Buri, the rception guy didn't inform you because he has not been informed by the main hotel either. Also, once you ask to talk to the hotel manager, she was not at the hotel. But once she arrived at the hotel on the same day, she did call to your room, but no body picks up, then she leave you with a message.

What ever what cause the problem, we understand that I still ur false that we didn't have such a good communication management within the organization, so the manager did apologized and offered you a discount on food in on purpose to compensate your satisfaction.

After all, if you still feel disappointed with the problem occured, then I as the onwer would like to apologize again, but please believe that we have always try our best to make every customer happy with our service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at the Salad Buri Resort in July 2013 for 4 nights. I found the resort itself to be pretty and clean. The pool being the exception as it was filthy. When we got to our room the key wouldn’t lock our door so we requested that someone come fix it immediately which they did and apologised for this. Throughout the 4 days I found the staff were not the friendliest and were at times cold and appeared hostile.
When we checked out of the resort, I called reception to ask for someone to come up and help us with our bags. When the guy eventually appeared he came across as drunk but we took no notice of this because we assumed it was from the heat. When we got into the golf caddy with our bags the guy drove us down the steep hill with one hand and then drove up onto an embankment. The caddy then turned over and rolled down the hill with my friend and I in the back. When the caddy stopped rolling I had banged my head, sprained by ankle, cut open my arm and fractured my finger. My friend had banged her head off the road and cut her hand. Staff members arrived and apologised and helped us to the reception area where we tended to each other as both of us are in the medical profession. We were offered some bandages, out of date antiseptic and tiger balm. After approximately an hour we got a cab and went to local hospital.
When we arrived at the next Island we were travelling to, I opened my bag and found my kindle, sound system, camera, phone and my friends hair straighteners all smashed from the crash. I immediately contacted the resort with an email describing what I found.
After a week I got a response to say they would require proof of this. I emailed back with several photos of the items. A month later I got a response to say they have received the photos and will get back to me. When I heard nothing for another month I contacted them to ask why I had no heard anything and they replied that they had sent the photos to the insurance company. After countless emails, 4 months later I got a response from the manager requesting my bank details. I gave them this and 2 weeks later I got an email offering the £120 compensation. At this stage I was so tired of the poor customer service that I accepted.
I have emailed countless times since the last response and have heard nothing since. 10 months later and I have still not been compensated. This customer service is simply appalling. It would turn me off advising anyone to use this resort for fear that if something more serious were to happen then you are completely on your own and the resort will take no responsibility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diarmuid B
Montri P, Owner at Salad Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

I remembered your accident case and I would like to apologize for things that occured. Referring to such case our hotel have insurance contract regarding to such kind of accident. For your case I have already contact the representative of the insurance company(since you left the hotel) and during the processes I did try to follow up, to make sure that things flow smoothly. I would like reconfirm to you again that we did submited all required documentary require by the insurance company and I did follow up this case up until the payment stage, in which I think the trasaction should be done a while ago. Concerning about the problem that you haven't receive the compensation amount yet, I have to contact the company first, so I can know what's goin on. However, as today is the public holiday, so I will contact the insurance company as soon as they are back to work. Then I'll get back to you.

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is my first time in Koh Phangan so i ask my friends about the hotels and they recommend me Salad Buri Resort.Unfortunately this place is perfect most of the room is high but it's cleaned everyday.The staff in Reception is friendly although their is only 1 or 2 person working every day.I can suggest if you want a place after party you can try this hotel.
If you have problem walking trough the hill, i saw some rooms in front of pool area and in the main building i try to ask the details the men in the front desk that can speak English fluent he is very helpful.If i have a chance to come back next time i contact the hotel directly to get a discount he told me.

1 Thank joyzce v
Montri P, Owner at Salad Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Value Guest

First, we wouls like say thank you for such a nice review given. We are happy to hear that you were happy and satisfy while staying with us. And it's of course that we always give the best deal for our returning guest. We would that we would have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 19, 2014

First time in Thailand, so first stop in Thailand. What a deception. Where to start..to begin with, the check in guy at the reception was one of the coldest I ve met. no smile, no nothing, just very pretentious.
Than we learned that in order to get to our room which is up in the hill, we have to wait for a driver to take us (Ok), the official average time to wait for him is 5 min, the non official time is about 15 min!! so if you leave your room in the morning make sure you did not forget anything!
Than the room, which looked ok for the price we paid had some moll on the walls and the shower was mostly in a decomposing stage. The view was pretty awesome..basically the only thing they don't control.
The restaurant and the reception had an horrible smell 24/7, the service at the restaurant was the only which was OK
Overall, very very bad experience for a first time in Thailand.

2 Thank alex8784
Dear Sir/Madam

First, we would like say sorry for making you disappointed and ould like to say thank you for your comment as it would be very useful for us. However, there is a point related to the waiting time for golf cart that I would like to clarify, as we have only have 2 golf carts together with during that particular point of time there was only one person who take full resposibilitis of driving the golf cart, we know that sometimes it might take guests to wait and we are trying to solve the problem by assign the respondsibility to one more person, so that it would be able to boost the golf cart service time. Lastly, I would like to apologize again for such unfortable feeling that you habe had during the stay with us, but please believe that we did try our best to make every customer satisfy and feel happy while spending their vacation with us.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We booked a 1 night stay in a standard room. We advised the hotel of our early arrival and the room was ready at 10:30 am when we arrived. The room was very small but with loads of windows and natural light, as well as beautiful views of Salad Bay. For a small upgrade fee I would book a superior room next time as it seems they all have a better size and enjoy a balcony with a jacuzzi.
The breakfast just decent for the hotel rating and we enjoyed some great specials on cocktails on the pool. I would defenitely return soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sebastian G
Dear Value Guest

First, we wouls like say thank you for such a nice review given. We are happy to hear that you were happy and satisfy while staying with us. We hope that we would have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.