My friend and I stayed at Salad Buri for nine nights, from the 27th of December until 5th of January.
We stayed in a delux twin room, which is just one up from standard room. 204 was the number. The room was large, had a designated lounge area, nice balcony with views of resort grounds as well as a large bathroom, plenty big enough for two friends sharing.
The resort only has 52 rooms however is set on large grounds. The resort was running at full capacity when we stayed however it never felt like it.
There are three stunning pools that lead directly onto a very pretty beach. The staff could not have done more, they were very gracious and helpful and great fun. The reception staff were excellent as were the pool and restaurant waiters. It has a designated area for massages which we enjoyed daily, the ladies there are just lovely and it is about £8 for an hour treatment, unbelievably cheap. The area where the resort is set is perfect. It is at the far end of a long strip of beach. Along the beach area are a whole host of more than acceptable hotels just more low key, with less facilities, but it's good because it makes the beach busy with varied people. There are massage places all along the beach as well as many restaurants and bars. It is definitely quieter than Haad Rin but we are in our mid 30's so wanted to chill during the day and then when we wanted more night life we just jumped in a cab ( arranged easily by the hotel) and went into busier areas of the islands. You are no more than 20 minutes in a fun and bumpy cab to lots of places. We went to the half moon and full moon parties, great fun but two nights down there was enough and we were happy to be back to peace and quite to recover at our lovely resort. There are two additional recommendations I would make, be sure to visit the Amsterdam Bar for stunning sunsests, drinks and food. It is actually a place that sells joints and its an open air bar with people chilling and smoking but don't let that put you off. My friend and I don't smoke and you just go up there, listen to awesome music, drink great cocktails and eat delicious Thai food whilst enjoying an incredible view, probably best on the island. The smoking thing does not effect you at all, the venue is awesome. Also the best restaurant on the Island is Fishermans Village down in Baan Tai, incredible restaurant, set on water, food is out of this world, setting is amazing, just go there!!! ( again only 30 minute in fun cab) I would definitely recommend you stay at Salad Buri, it was £450 for 9 nights including breakfast sharing a room. We didn't want 7 star luxury but we also didn't want to be sleeping in hammocks walking to communal toilets and this hotel is smack bang in the middle of the two. You get room service, air con, balcony's, laundry service, mini bars, robes and slippers, great pools and drinks areas but its just super relaxed and beautiful all in one. I hope that entices you to stay, we loved it!!!! Also get a scooter they are a fantastic way to see the island. Enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salad Buri Resort & Spa is set on the unspoiled and secluded beach of Haad Salad, once known as the ancient pirates hide out of the north west of Koh Phangan, Suratthani, Thailand. Where Southern mixes Northern, Salad Buri Resort & Spa is offering both surrounding mountain cliff and panoramic sea view vista.Our Accommodations are decorated in rich beautiful teakwood accents, spacious living quarters and excellent sea view verandas. All rooms featuring king size beds with limited twin beds, balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salad Buri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salad Buri Hotel Koh Phangan
- Salad Buri Resort And Spa