“The Perfect Thai Escape”

Seaflower Bungalows
Ranked #4 of 132 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Thai Escape”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at Seaflower Bungalows for their first ever wedding and it was an incredible week! My friends decided to get married there because of its idyllic beauty and the lovely people who are involved in running it.

The Bungalows themselves are extremely comfortable and homely, nestled amongst tropical flowers with butterflies fluttering around constantly, the beach is absolutely gorgeous and there are plenty of other beaches to visit a short moped ride away. The ATM, shop, pharmacy and rental shop are a couple of minutes walk away which also makes this an ideal location for a relaxing stay.

The restaurant, beach bar, barbeque and the Seaflower boat trip are all excellently run, delicious and incredibly friendly. Lise, Chai, Pascale, Josh and the rest of the team all make the place perfect. I stayed in a bungalow without air conditioning with my boyfriend and we had a lovely time but I would recommend to request A/C if traveling with small children or if you suffer the heat as it does get warm and humid.

Fresh coconuts, great cocktails, delicious Thai food as well as home favourites like cheese and ham toasties mean that everybody has something they love. Relaxing, beautiful and unique, I know I'll go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for A/C if you think you will need it. Rooms further from the beach are quieter when the beach b...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I envisioned finding a bungalow right on the beach that I could sit on the balcony and watch my kids play on the beach and this is exactly what I found. We stayed in Bungalow #1, which is 2 bedrooms and right on the beach; perfect for families. It has a large balcony to chill out in and a lovely hammock. Seaflower has a variety of types of bungalows. Ours was only 3 years old, exceptionally clean with lots of nice touches (reading lights, mozzie screens on the windows). The beach is not going to win any awards and is very shallow at low tide, but we enjoyed the quietness of the clean beach with clear water. Lise and her team work really hard to ensure her guests are looked after and there is a real family feel to the place. We ate all our meals there and there was lots of great Thai and western choices at very reasonable prices. The beach bar is a lovely place where all the guests gather to watch the sunset. They don't clean the rooms daily (Lise told us this in advance), but you can always grab new towels and request a cleaning. The staff are all super friendly and there is a lot of pride in the property. If you really want a pool, you can use the pool next door for 250B/person/day, which includes a drink. We only stayed 3 nights and I could have easily spent a week here. A great little gem.

Room Tip: On their website, they have a map of the bungalows.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Guelph_Dawn
London, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned after spending 7 perfect weeks at seaflower. We stayed here in 2010, and had originally booked in for a couple of nights but ended up staying for a month.

We loved this place and everything that came with it so much, we decided to get married there last month. it was perfection in every way.
Lise the owner was so helpful from start to finish. She made our dreams come true.

Where to start...
The restaurant is fantastic, the food is delicious and very reasonably priced. The bar is cool and chilled, the cocktails were a perfect partner for the gorgeous sunsets. The ambiance was so warm and heavenly, a real magical spot to just chill or get involved with some drinking games.

The rooms were great!! clean and comfy with beautiful views of the lush gardens and sea.

The staff were all amazing. Big shout out to Pascal and josh for making our trip so fun.

We met some wonderful people here and shared Great days and nights together..
Seaflower is a magical place and We will no doubt be back for years to come.

All our friends that came for the wedding had an amazing experience and had a hard time leaving. That's what this place does to you :)

One word: "perfection"

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank SRG50
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I went to the Sea Flower with the intentions of staying one week, after finally peeling myself away after two weeks there to see Chiang Mai, I was not surprised to find myself flying back down for another week after only being gone for nine days.

The people at the Sea Flower were amazing and very helpful. From the moment I arrived at the docks and was greeted by Chai to the goodbyes at the dock with Lise at six AM everything was truly incredible.

The food was the best and had a great selection of vegetarian options. I would end up ordering numerous dishes a day, especially of my favorite seed salad. I stayed in three different bungalows all of which were of the different price ranges. The bungalows were beautiful, each having a hammock which I used frequently. The Beach was only ever a few steps away and the bar always full of great people, a lot of whom weren't even staying there but would come to the Heaven Bar just to hangout.

Lise was incredibly helpful when I kept extending my stay, and then returning on a days notices, in finding me a room to stay in. She was also helpful with ideas of what to do on the island and setting up a Sea Trek which was a blast.

The property is so beautiful, full of gorgeous plants, flowers. You're surround by nature and its by far the best thing to wake up to. You wont find another bungalow with such an amazing property. Even if you happen to get a rainy day, it will still be breathtaking.

The staff at the Sea Flower is a family, whom I miss dearly. They are all friendly and kind people who always have a wonderful smile. Traveling alone can be lonely at times but I never felt that at the Sea Flower, everyone was so warm and inviting. I am counting down days to return!

Room Tip: Just let them know your price range and how close to nature you really want to be, you'll have a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jrswan
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Seaflower is, thanks to Lise, Chai and the outrageous crew, THE place to stay at Haad Chao Phao. We have stayed at different places on this beach before but nothing compares to Seaflower. The restaurant is surrounded by a beautiful tropical garden almost overlooking the sea. The food is fantastic.Our favourite bungalow is Nr. 2. From the huge terasse u have a great view into the garden and onto the sea. Thanks to the great people who work there, cleaning, gardening, laundry, kitchen, bar....this place is always neat and well taken care off. One of the highlights is the "Heaven bar" down at the beach. Having a little "Seaflower gossip" with Lise or the bartender starts off the evening, followed by a great cocktail, a seafood BBQ to die for, and some ice old Chang. And when the mood is right some dancing to some very cool and chilling music will wrap up the nite.
Thanks to our "Seaflower family" we spent 6 great weeks in Paradise and we will be back next year....... For sure..... Can't wait......

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fdank
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This ist the 4th time we've stayed at the Seaflower and it's for sure not our last, because we fall in love with this place.
The resort is set in a wonderful, lush tropical garden and it offers a wide range of different bungalows. You can choose between a simple bamboo hut and a comfortable concrete bungalow with aircon right on the beach. The food which is served at the restaurant and also at the bar is delicous and very reasonable.
But what makes this place so special is the the ambiance, which is very relaxing and laidback. You can meet cool people from all over the world and have a nice chat with them.
Lise and Chai the onwer of the resort are such nice and welcoming people who makes you feel like a family member.
I can highly recommend this place to everyone who are not expecting 5 star service, but great atmosphere.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Regula63
Gatineau
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I call this "my little piece of Heaven on earth"... My sister and I stayed in the Traditional Double Bungalow with A/C at the Seaflower for 3 weeks in August/September of 2011 and we had a fantastic time! The staff and owners, Lise and Chai, were very friendly, courteous and professional at all times.

As my sister and I ventured out for many walks in the Chao Pao Beach area, we could see that the Seaflower Bungalows were clearly the most authentic/traditional in style, which was the atmosphere we were hoping for. Amongst the wonderful landscape of flowers, bushes and trees, our bungalow was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The food, experienced either in the restaurant or the bar, was always delicious and very well-priced. One morning at breakfast, owner Chai came to the restaurant with a variety of traditional Thai fruit and had invited all the guests to experience the taste.

At the "Heaven" bar, facing the ocean and witness to the diverse breathtaking sunsets, Chai and his friend, on a few occasions, enticed us with traditional Thai music. As a tradition and weather permitting, Lise would offer Chinese lanterns to guests on the eve of their departure. These were just a few of several personal touches that the owners offered their guests to make them feel so welcomed.

I wish I could go again this year, but am looking forward to my next vacation at the Seaflower Bungalows in 2013!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family