“Amazing Beach, Quaint Bungalows, Basic Services, Relaxed Atmosphere”

Seaflower Bungalows
Ranked #3 of 135 Ko Pha Ngan B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I traveled with my husband and a friend there. We really enjoyed our stay there. This is by no means a typical hotel resort. And the owners don't intend to compete with the other big chain hotels. The atmosphere was extremely relaxed. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. There aren't too much amenities around. The closest restaurant strip and convenience store are around 20 minute walk. But you can easily get a taxi truck on the street.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Seaflower Bungalows

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here at a friend's recommendation and it was fabulous - the staff were relaxed, friendly and the general atmosphere was very laid-back - the bungalows are right next to the beach and the hotel has a beach bar and a wonderful cabin-like restaurant serving great, cheap food...would go back in a flash. Money extremely well-spent.

Room Tip: The best bungalows are on the beach but they are all fab
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I highly recommend sunflower ;
because rooms are fantastic and well decorated,
because balconies are superb with hammock
because food is definetly excellent taste
because the beach is quiet and clean
especially
because the couples who are running bungalows are so sweet : )

We planned to stay for 2 nights but extend for 4 nights . For 5 days we tasted delicious hot sandwiches and night time we tasted curry plates . They were all nice and spicy . They kindly provide full moon party service with fee and driver was screaming "hellooo come onn AMSTERDAM" :))

Please take visit and see whats going on in heaven

Room Tip: wooden bungalows have great balcony , and seaside bungalows have great vies as well.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We came to KP for 5 days to chill after hectic KS and diving in KT and we loved the Seaflower. At this time of year it is very quiet and would probably have a different atmosphere in high season but I would still want to go back. The location on Haad Chao Phao is 20 mins from Thong Sala ferry where we were picked up and returned included in the price. The beach is shallow but fine for cooling down. There are maybe 10 or so resorts on this stretch of the beach, some in a state of disrepair, but this did not distract from the beauty of Seaflower. The beach is cleaned daily and the gardens are beautiful.
We, 2 adults and 14 year old, stayed in No. 20 the Oceanfront bungalow with 2 large double beds, lots of livingspace and a great balcony right on the beach. No fridge but basic supermarket just next door has all you need.The newer bungalows looked good but I preferred our location and our room seemed a bit brighter. Would have been quite happy in the garden bungalows as all are well located.

Breakfast in the restaurant was laid back (literally -we relaxed on the horizontal mats) with good food and service. The staff are helpful and not in your face, respect their karma, it all adds to the harmony of the place. The Heaven bar is ledgend, we watched the sun go down with beers and cocktails and ate there at night. One evening we had the Beach BBQ (order 1 day in advance) with 3 other guests - just do it at 500bht each it was amazing. Whole baracuda, massive prawns, chicken, ribs, salads..... and much more, all freshly caught cooked and served sitting on the beach - heaven!
There is no pool here and I feel this is a plus in a strange way, but next door resort let us use theirs for free when we ate lunch.
Reception organised a cookery class for us at the Spicey Spoon in the next village. Great experience at small road side restaurant, cooking in an open-air kitchen on a gas burner with a wok.
We hired a jeep in the village and went over to the other side of the island - hairy road, lovely beaches, more touristy and upmarket in places, so glad we were on the west side.
Drove up the coast to Haad Salad - busier, and Chalokum where we went wake-boarding. Just loved the island and Seaflower - least commercial and most laid back of all the places we visited.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rhubarbrhubarb
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I would like to start by saying that the location of this place is great. We stayed in a Ayutthayan bungalow (number 2) and was great just to walk out and 10 seconds later be on the beach. We stayed at the start of July, and thought the beach was just what we needed. Yes, it is shallow but still deep enough to sit down in and just chill (my girlfriend usually read her book in it).

The room itself was fine, lovely little hammock to chill out on with a slight view of the beach and the sea. Inside, it was quite simple but you won't be staying in there apart from at night anyway. Good air-conditioning as well as a fan. The bathroom was good enough although the sink took a while to empty.

Like past reviewers have said, during the quiet season this place is very quiet. We basically had the resort to ourselves for the first 2 days and only started to get busier on the last 2 days when other people came but still had a chilled out feel. Because of the time we came, the atmosphere was relaxed so if you are looking for a bit more activity, this might not be the location you want. There are other restaurants you can get to by walking along the beach or along the road (Dolce Vita, an italian restaurant 2 minutes away was really nice).

We had lunch at their restaurant most days and yes it was quite depressing, dark wood and no other guests there but can imagine it being better when there are more people. The food was fine, good price and you don't need to pay until you check out as they write all your orders in a log book. Try the Chicken Burger with sweet potato fries, delicious!

The service was very 'laissez-faire', when we went to get a drink it was quite common to see someone get out of a hammock after having a rest and then coming to serve you. All staff also have a break between 5-6 for a rest which is a bit annoying. As I have just said, when we were there, staff seemed to be continuously resting and when we asked a couple of times for a smoothie or even a drink they mentioned we would have to wait until 6pm.

There was also one time when we were pretty shocked with the service. During breakfast, I noticed an ant in my orange. I understand that an ant could easily have got into my glass especially seeing the place is right on the beach and basically in the wild so all I asked for is a new glass of orange. I did get a new one but not until the guy serving me, looked through my glass a few metres away from us and basically sifted through the drink looking for the ant. Obviously not believing me and even getting other people to look in the glass.

However, this was the only problem and obviously didn't ruin our holiday.

To conclude, this is a great place if you just want to relax and get a drink every now and then. I'm sure it's busier during the high season and obviously that's not their fault.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

OMG I love Seaflower its actually like being in heaven a true paradise on earth
Seaflower is by far the best alrounder on the whole Island. It was soo good my Partner and I are planning to get married there next year.. AMAZING!!
I have never felt the magic I felt at Seaflower from the great hosts to the beautiful beach and perfect accomadation and yummy food.
Seriously you must check it out and you will not be dissapointed if your cool, lovely and happy.

Shabby

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SRG50
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We just spent 3 nights at Seaflower. We chose to stay here based on the great reviews. I will just list our impressions.
1. We had the seaview cottage. The most amazing view ever. Large porch facing ocean.
2. Clean room.
3. Free transportation from ferry.
4. Restaurant area is very dark...almost depressing. Not appealing at all. Restaurant area on the beach is the same...kind of depressing.
5. Staff were fine...didn't seem out of the way friendly like other places we have stayed.
6. Food is fine...not great.
7. They keep track of what you spend in a book for each room. I didn't receive a bill when we left...I have no idea if it was accurate... though probably was. I just would have liked to have seen an itemized list.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple