“Faulty towers”

Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Phuket, Thailand
“Faulty towers”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

When we got to the hotel we were shown to our room/bungalow upon first glance the room looked very nice and clean with lovely decor. As we spent more time there we started to notice the problems first there was the worm in the bathroom and then when we turned on the jacuzzi the water was black and there was no way of emptying it. We called the front desk and the lady just said that's why you got a discounted price on the room although she never told us that and 3000baht a night is hardly a discount. Eventually somebody came to empty the black water and told us to use the shower instead. The shower of course had no hot water which apparently only works with the air conditioning on at the same time although this didnt seem to work in our case.

The front desk staff were generally unhelpful and rude and at the end of our stay we asked if they could call us a taxi she replied to us that they don't offer that service and if we wanted a cab we have to drag our cases down the long dirt path to the main road.

Apart from being a great location and proximity to the full moon party this hotel doesn't have much good going for it.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Anna0000000
notkergrassel, Manager at Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2015
Thank you for your review! Meanwhile we have renovated all our rooms to guarantee customers a comfortable experience during their stay. We sincerely apologize for the condition of the bathroom in 2013 and hope you enjoyed your stay on Koh Phangan overall anyways.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled with the nice pictures and 1 or 2 good reviews- me and my boyfriend wer supposed to be staying here for 4nughts and left after 1 sleepless night! Cockroaches, Spiders and ants all over our room and ceiling- the room was filthy with cobwebs everywhere! The handle on the front door didn't lock or shut properly-the manager said this was for our "safety"! The location is bad up a dark dirt track hill a good walk away from the beach- no wi fi- leak in our bathroom! The worst place we ever stayed.. EVER!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Gilldub
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry you were not able to enjoy your stay with us fully! In the meanwhile we have renovated and maintained all our rooms. The lighting along the path is fixed as well.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Me and my friends ( 6 Dutch guys) stayed here during the full moon party. We came from Bangkok and I arranged the booking from there through the phone. I went on the internet and found this as one of the options. I had read some negative reviews so I was a bit scared to make the booking straight away. I made the deal to see the rooms first and not to pay upfront. When we arrived there we were glad we booked the place. 'Oi' on of the lovely ladies from the staff made us feel like at home and helped us out in literally every situation (and trust me some very serious things have happened). She took great care of us. Also 'Oh' and the rest of the staff were all very helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean. New towels every day. Beds were very good, nice balcony. Not to forget about the bathroom which was also very nice (rain shower). Swimming pool was very clean and good sized and the view from there amazing.
I am writing this review not only for myself but also on behalf of my friends. During dinner we asked each other if we could think of a negative thing about this place. The only thing we could think of was that the balconies should maybe be on the other side to have the amazing view. It may seem like I am overstating but we all loved the place and could not think of a better one. The location is quiet but still close to the party beach (10 min walking max).
'Oi' if you read this. Sorry to leave in such a chaotic way there has been no good time to thank you. So we all like to think you in this way. You took great care of us (and of the cut in my foot).

Kind regards from all of us! If we go back to Ko Phangan we'll come to you.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms on the first floor of the main building. We had three rooms there and they we...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chettum
Thank you very much for staying with us and your positive feedback! We really hope to see you all again very soon! :) Take care!
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Location is amazing, right next to had rin full moon beach and the buzzing area. Hotel itself was a bit dead even on full moon, but we just went to the hotel opposite in the day (coco hut), was more lively. Room was big and clean, staff were generally fine. Would have no issue staying again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you very much! We are looking forward to your return... :)
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights during the full moon party in May 2013, we arrived at the port with no hotel booked and hoped to find somewhere on arrival.
We met a very friendly man at the harbour who took us to an awful hotel in the centre of town (Tommys) that was like a hostel (great if thats what you are looking for! right in the town very busy but too loud).
So we decided to leave and we then met the lovely lady from Sea breeze, it is a 5 minute walk out of the main town, it is up a hill but it is a managable hill considering all the guests are young i dont understand what the complaints are about, my boyfriend had recently had an operation on his knee and he coped fine!!
We really wanted to stay in a bungalow whilst we were on the island so we viewed 3 different rooms (a duelux in the hotel and a suite in the hotel) but we fell in love with our own bungalow! it had the most amazing view!! A very comfy bed, safe, mini bar and massive bathroom!!
We paid 2000 THB a night and was well worth it! We also went in the pool, not discusting colour at all! Very nice!
Would 100% reccommend this to friends and will visit in the future!
It is a family run hotel, but i think this adds to it, if you are staying here for the full moon party this is a perfect escape 5 minute walk away!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first! Have a look at a few and then you can haggle :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meggilou
Thank you soo much! :) It was our pleasure to have you both be our guests! We hope you visit us again soon!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

When I arrived at Haad Rin Pier there was a fellow waiting to pick someone else up and take them to Sea Breeze Resort. He gave me a brochure and I accepted the offer of a short ride up the hill to check out the resort. I’m really glad I did, as this place is a secluded gem! I had my own idyllic bungalow with a deck and a hammock overlooking the beautiful jungle vegetation. While nothing fancy, it was pleasantly peaceful and relaxing, and suited me perfectly. I didn’t check out the accommodation in the lodge itself, which is likely higher end and offers views over the Gulf of Thailand. This property is a convenient walk midway between Haad Rin Beach and the small group of tourist businesses where the boat docks. I really enjoyed the spectacular swimming pool that overlooks the ocean, which was very quiet, as it was between Full Moon parties. This isn’t the sort of property that most Full Moon partiers would seek though. It’s more of a place to get away from it all. I enjoyed several meals in the open air dining area, and the food was consistently excellent and great value, and the friendly service provided by Thai youth was charming. As others have stated, this appears to be a family run business. I left with a very good impression of the place, and did not encounter any of the issues that other recent reviewers did. Incidentally, I was disappointed that most tourist resorts in Thailand I visited were overcrowded and not so authentic. I definitely preferred smaller scale and slower-paced Koh Phangan, and the bohemian atmosphere and beach at Haad Rin exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dannymfoster
Thank you very much for staying with us and your kind words in the review! We are glad you enjoyed our little oasis away from the Full Moon trouble... :) Please be our guest again!
Huddersfield
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived - a little bit alarmed by the steep hiil the taxi struggled to get up.
Got to the top - first point the photos are old, this place looks run down in real life and the pool area does not look clean - no way i was going to go in the pool, sunbeds falling apart etc.
Went to the room - no safe, no fridge, not one plug socket, bathroom falling apart - went straight to reception and said I am not happy for the money I have paid (we were in Thailand for 4 weeks, stayed in 10 hotels) she said basically up to you cancel but no refund - we argued until we got a upgraded room but it cost us another 500 bht a night.
Luckily we were only in Koh Phangnan for 2 nights as we travelled down the islands - thank god, the hotel was bad but not as bad as the resort centre - what an absolute dump, Nothing but neon vest shops - funnily enough hardly any actual drinking bars which surprised us and poor restaurants - probably the usual clientele are too drugged up or drunk on buckets to care - WE WILL NOT BE BACK!
Only one saving grace was that the beach was actually ok but saw one person get rescued due to strong under currents so beware.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay with us. In the meanwhile we have renovated all our rooms. We hope you do have some good memories of Koh Phangan overall.