Sea Breeze Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Suncliff Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Tommy Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Palita Lodge(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
All reviewspanoramic view roomhaad rinjacuzzi suitefull moonseabreeze resorthotel dogspaghetti bolognesewalking distance to townper kgleela beachworth staying heremain buildingsuper kindsmall hillbanana pancakesthe rooms were nicestandard bungalow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2011

haad rin can get really busy during the full moon period its always best to get there a few days early. this place is up a hill andhad beautiful views of the beach and sea. the pool is a good size and enjoyed relaxing during the day. the room we stayed in was a little bit pricey but very big (slept 3) you get what you pay for. its about a 10min walk to the full moon party beach and you cant even hear the music. if you go down to the full moon party beach during the day becareful as we saw alot of people injured and on crutches due to the glass bottles in the sea. i found that the pre parties a few nights before were the best as it wasnt as busy and felt safer, theres always something going on down there, fire skipping rope, fire limbo, basket ball to win free drinks. I LOVED KOH PHANGAN!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
notkergrassel, Manager at Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad your enjoyed your time on Koh Phangan!

Reviewed March 24, 2011

Three of us stayed in a standard room, it was basic as described but considering the price and that over the full moon they make you stay for 5 nights and have the buffet it works out pretty expensive for what you get! In our room the backdoor didnt shut properly but at least we didnt get broken into like the guys next to us on full moon night. It's also a bit of a trek up a very steep hill, the views are nice but having been to koh phangan twice before you can find better value accomodation elsewhere. Or if you have a bit of money to spare would really recommend the (cheaper) bungalows at coco hut. Leela Beach is so much nicer than the full moon beach so well worth staying here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback Cheryl!

Reviewed February 17, 2011

I stayed at the Sea Breeze during the time of the Full Moon Party in January, 2011. It took a bit of effort to get there, but when we did, it was worth the effort. We did not know how to find the hotel, as our taxi from the ferry dock in Thong Sala only would take us to the main street area in Ko Phangan. But we called the hotel, and they sent a vehicle quickly to find us, and bring us to the hotel. That was good, cause it is a rather steep hill climb to the hotel, and I would not have wanted to have to do that climb, dragging luggage.

(btw, we could not fly into Ko Samui. All sold out, and had to go from Bangkok to Surat Thani, to Thong Sala to Ko Phangan. It was planes, bus, ferry, taxi, to get there. Took all day. I would not recommend that route. Ko Samui to Ko Phangan (Haad Rin) is a 30 minute ferry. From Surat Thani is about 5 to 6 hours. But we booked late, and it was Full Moon Party week, so seats to Ko Samui sold out fast. Next time, if I can't get a flight to Ko Samui, I just won't go.)

It is only a 5 minute walk, at the most, from the hotel to the main street where you will find restaurants, shops, etc. Add another few minutes to get to the beach. Not bad at all. But it is a bit of a workout climbing back up the hill. Many people rent motorbikes, for about $6USD/day, to get around.

Once we got to the hotel, the staff was very friendly, and helpful. We stayed in one of the sea view rooms, which was very nice, but you have to walk up and down many sets of stairs, and paths, to get there. Not recommended for older people or people who have trouble getting around. I think they have rooms in the main building, with elevator access, so that would be ok for someone with limited mobility.
Anyway, our room was simply beautiful. It was decorated in Thai decor, and they took a lot of effort to make the room look nice. And it was very spacious, especially the bathroom, with shower, and jacuzzi. We had a nice deck, with a partial sea view. There were many trees blocking a lot of our view, but other rooms had unobstructed views. I would have liked better views, but I can't complain about the furnishings of the room. It was simple gorgeous. The air con worked great, and the water was very hot. No problems there.
Don't forget your insect repellant, cause when the sun goes down, the mosquitos come out. But they are not a problem during the day or after dark. Just around sunset.
The room was relatively expensive, compared to other rooms available, but I think they are probably one of the best, if not the best, in Ko Phangan.
The bed was rather firm, and I would have preferred a softer mattress, but that seems to be common in Thailand.
My friends had the Panorama Suite, which was the next higher class of room. (I had the Ocean Jacuzzi suite), and it was simply spectacular. Ii was huge, nicely appointed, and had a lovely view. In fact, he felt the room was way too much for him, by himself, and checked out after a couple of days, to find a cheaper room, that fit him better. I considered moving into his room, in order to get the view, but decided that I liked the decor in my jacuzzi suite better. Plus, I had the jacuzzi, and his room didn't. Also, I had a hammock on my deck, and it was great to swing there, in the breeze, and just relax. But I would recommend either of these room highly.

They have internet, but only in the hotel lobby. The rooms were too far away to get the wifi signal, and the lobby internet was not always available. I ended up taking my laptop to the restaurants in town, most of which offered free wifi.

The location, while being a bit removed from the beach, was very quiet, and had none of the noise from the music on the beach during the party week.

The food at breakfast was basic, and nothing special to write about. We had the Full Moon Party buffet dinner, and that was very nice. A good selection of various foods, and it was all good.

Overall, I liked the hotel very much, and if I ever go back to Ko Phangan, I will stay there again in the future, if the occasion arises.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fr8dawg

Thank you very much for staying with us and your positive feedback! We are looking forward to your return! :)

Reviewed February 11, 2010

I stayed in the Basic bungelows which were great value,great sea view and very quiet ( when there was no party )
500 bht-800 Bht per day,my son had found sea breeze for me
my friends styayed in the main Hotel Boutique room 11 approx
5000-8000 bht per day very beautifull room with fantastic views
would really recommend and will be going back,the staff are
really nice...............

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank santaLondon

Thank you very much for staying with your whole family in our resort! You were wonderful guests! We hope to see you again soon! :)

Reviewed November 20, 2009

We stayed at Sea Breeze for five nights in total. Our rooms were very basic (bathroom not the best) but had amazing views and felt very secure. We were also offered a safe box which I found very helpful.

All the staff were very nice and willing to assist without being over the top.

What impressed by the shared facilities - the pool overlooking the beach, the restaurant, the lounge area, the bar near the rooftop with amazing views, the free internet. It was also a prefect location to get away from the party noise of the town, but still be close enough.

Loved Sea Breeze.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends

Thank you for your great feedback! :)