We stayed as a couple for 5 nights in October and we had bought it as a half price deal which turned out to be great value for money.
- Views are absolutely amazing! Panoramic views of the ocean from top of the hill were stunning day after day when you had breakfast
- Rooms are top quality (except oddly our shower had no hot water for the time we stayed) they are very big and have a lounge with a few foxtel channels and also a DVD player which you can borrow for free from reception some movies which was really nice
- Up the quieter end of Koh Phangan which was nice discovering some of the quieter areas of the island
- Mama's Pooh's (the best Thai restaurant we ate at our whole 3 weeks in thailand is 15 mins walk to the left)
- Wii the receptionist is wonderfully friendly and super helpful the first night we were there they offered to special order in some food for us
- You can also order a pizza and pasta and have delivered to your room
- They also have a computer set up for free that guests can use which is convenient
- It is very far away from all the action. We rented a scooter which wasn't so bad but the roads are quite dicey and very windy which can be a bit intimidating for some
- Make sure you arrive to Koh Phangan at the THONGSALA PIER - we didn't realise there was more than one so we were take to the Had Rin pier which cost us 1000baht to get our hotel (40mins by taxi). Similarly if you are going to the full moon party - expect to pay
- The hot water in our shower didn't work the whole time we were there - the staff tried to fix it twice but couldn't seem to get it fixed. At least they tried I guess!
- The restaurant is very poor quality. It is very slow and very expensive. We had breakfast there (as it was included 5 days) and not once did my eggs and toast come out warm together, and usually both were cold by time they brought it to our table. We also had lunch once and our meals were brought out 15 mins apart.
- Restaurant is very overpriced - there is much better food down the road definitely go for a walk!
- Although they are helpful in ordering cabs etc for you there is about a 100baht mark-up on everything they will do for you. Its not a deal breaker but was just annoying as you already spend a lot on transport when you are here.
Overall good stay but probably wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the spectacular sunsets from the west coast of natural Koh Phangan island. The Sunset Hill Resort is located on a stunning hill overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Tao, Koh Samui and the Marine Park. This area is famous for snorkeling and diving as well as for the beautiful beaches Haad Yao, Secret Beach and Chao Phao, which are located within 10 minutes walking distance or 2 minutes by scooter. The luxury apartments have majestic ocean views from their round design terraces. Penthouse apartments also have a kitchen in the dining and living room. The resort has an amazing infinity pool and cozy viewpoint lounge bar/restaurant and open air deck where great food and beverages are served. Our knowledgeable multilangual reception staff can assist you to discover the island and any other holiday wishes you may have. We are looking forward to help you to create the fantastic holiday experience of your dreams! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sunset Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Hill Hotel Koh Phangan