A group of six of us stayed here over New Years (Jan 2012) and couldn't have been more disappointed.
Where do I start with what went wrong:
1) The website is really far from the truth. First of all, you are overlooking an unfinished building and 4 telephone towers! Secondly, while they claimed that we were getting 3 separate rooms and a kitchen, it was really a studio room that connected to the adjoining room. Not at all what we expected.
2) One of our toilets wouldn't flush! Imagine not being able to take a dump or being stuck with a floater for hours. When we complained, they said that their sewer system was backed up. Is that really acceptable?
3) The hot tub on the roof looked like it had water from the pre-historic age: green and murky! They sent over people to "fix" it for the first two days we were there, nothing was fixed.
4) The location is at the top of a steep hill which is approx 400m from the main road. The taxis would not come up the hill, so no matter what time of day and how tired you are, you are going to walk up that hill. This got tiring quickly.
5) What Wi-Fi? They claim Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. The reality was that the signal was extremely weak. Even when we connected to the Wi-Fi, we couldn't get onto the internet, because their router ran out of IP addresses. I had to explain this to the hotel managers when I left.
BOTTOM LINE: this is not a resort, their service is terrible, and their rooms are way-overpriced.
Stay in a bungalow on Had Salad, Had Mae Had, or Chaloklum. You will be on the crystal-clear green water and have a much better time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the spectacular sunsets from the west coast of natural Koh Phangan island. The Sunset Hill Resort is located on a stunning hill overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Tao, Koh Samui and the Marine Park. This area is famous for snorkeling and diving as well as for the beautiful beaches Haad Yao, Secret Beach and Chao Phao, which are located within 10 minutes walking distance or 2 minutes by scooter. The luxury apartments have majestic ocean views from their round design terraces. Penthouse apartments also have a kitchen in the dining and living room. The resort has an amazing infinity pool and cozy viewpoint lounge bar/restaurant and open air deck where great food and beverages are served. Our knowledgeable multilangual reception staff can assist you to discover the island and any other holiday wishes you may have. We are looking forward to help you to create the fantastic holiday experience of your dreams! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sunset Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Hill Hotel Koh Phangan