“Lovely, lovely, lovely”
Review of Dolphin Bungalows

Dolphin Bungalows
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This place does everything right: though few (if any) of the bungalows have a direct ocean view, the sound of water can be heard everywhere thanks to the koi-filled fountains around every bend of this very green, very friendly property. Prices are reasonable (we paid 800baht for a bungalow with hot-water; 600baht with cold). Restaurant serves mainly western food, but there is a fantastic Thai resto next door (also with reasonable prices).

Room Tip: Book for the duration of your stay- we didnt and were shut out due to high demand.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshuamt

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Thank you so much Giet and Kim for your wonderful hospitality , you have made my stay in Thailand so much easier, it is difficult when I cannot speak Thai, and you looked after all my arrangements for me and made my stay on Koh Phangan remeberable.
I look forward to staying in your tranquil gardens that the bangalows are nestled amongst again and eat your great food.
Mem

Room Tip: Quiet Oasis, email Kim she is English speaking, kimgiet@hotmail.com
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mem123_11
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We found the secluded beach to be a beautiful spot to spend a few days. The resort has a really nice lounge on the beach with many comfey spots to relax and nap. Very well designed. Unfortunately we had a terrible bungalow experience where we woke up one night with bed bugs/fleas all over us and the bed! Blood filled bugs. Our neighbors complained of a snake in their room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jsilcock
Reviewed February 7, 2011

After reading the reviews here my expectations were maybe a little too high. Somehow I pictured a beautiful remote beach with only one cosy resort ... Well, the beach is ok (there was a lot of rubbish when we were there). The resort is nice (next to at least a dozen other resorts), but very dark (hardly any daylight comes through) and lots of mozzies. Staff was very helpful and the decor is beautiful, so I would recommend it during the dry season. Can't really recommend the whole location (incl. the resort) in the wet season. There is nicer beaches/places on the island.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank travelbee37
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Were lucky to get the last bungalow in the place!

The best thing about this place is the lounge areas, wonderfully furnished and relaxing-especially the background music! The food is quite pricey but delicious, I recommend the Penang Curry and Coconut shakes.

The room was very clean and comfortable and nicely furnished. Bit disappointed with the price- 700B for a small bungalow with cold water and fan! Lack of natural light is quite annoying also.

Staff all extremely friendly especially the owner.

Thong Nai Pan Yai beach is quiet compared to other beaches but not quite a tranquil as we wanted- loads and loads of families, plus the boats moored in the bay were a drag when you wanted to swim!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My partner and I stayed at Dolphin for 3 nights in February and we both wished to stay longer. The beach is gorgeous, very shallow at low tide but the water is clean, and such an amazing colour! The highlight of Dolphin is mostly definitely the 'living/relaxing' areas - they have been thoughtfully designed and each little area would be a pleasure to relax in. The food was also very delicious, and the staff were incredibly helpful to us.
I would love to return there - it really was the highlight of a long trip in Thailand.
We stayed in the basic bungalow and it was all we needed.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I am sooo happy I found this place! It's nice and quite, very friendly staff, nicely decorated Bungalows for reasonable price. Loved the Breakfast there, the lounges and the overall 'vibe' I got from the place. Unfortunately there are too many taxi boats parked right in front of the place, and it's hard to swim through them. Also the water is a bit low and we had difficulty to actually swim there. We will be back that is for sure, and I hope the place stays as quiet and chilled out as it is right now.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family