“WOW”
Review of La Casa Shambala

La Casa Shambala
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

I’ve recently finished my one month training course at La Casa Shambala and I cannot speak highly enough of my time there. Rakel has created such a beautiful space that welcomes people from all kinds of backgrounds. The course offers not only the basic understanding of Asana (poses) and sequencing, but also gave insight into the history and spirituality of yoga and its origins, connections to Buddhism, Taoism and Zen, as well as, proper meditation and mindfulness practices.

The price is extremely reasonable and I would definitely say best value for money. I researched quite a bit into the different courses around the island and Shambala was the only one to include three (delicious) meals a day, accommodation, as well as, a few extras like a yoga mat, manual, mini causal photo shoot and t-shirt for under $2300 AUD.

The location and atmosphere is also excellent. The bamboo huts are cool and have a fan and mosquito net. There are cafes and nice vegan and vegetarian restaurants not too far from the place. I’d also say it’s an extremely safe area.

I’ll definitely consider doing future courses here!!

Reviewed May 1, 2018

Before coming to the 200h yoga teacher training I was expecting only to learn how to teach yoga and the anatomy of the body but it was way more than this. The philosophy teacher made us go through some intense experiences and taught us the origins of yoga and the philosophy of practice. It has been an amazing journey of self-discoveries!

I recommend this training for people who do not want to be a yoga teacher right after but want to get a first approach and understand better the yoga practice.
The 2h30 of yoga in the morning are perfect to work on the body and the mind (through the meditation) et the Yin yoga at the evening allow us to relax and rest from the day and assimilate all the learnings.
The strengths of the teachers are their ability to stay grounded in the modern world and teach with precise examples of life.