Shiralea Backpackers Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
Longbay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Haad Yao Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Pool
Tantawan Bungalow(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Salad Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Green Papaya Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
All reviewscontiki tourring the bellkoh phanganfull moon partyair congreat atmospherebeer pongnice poolstayed longerawesome placefan roomlaid backgreat resortchillratavibeisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my first time travelling alone so I was a bit nervous, but I was made to feel right at home. So glad I picked this place as opposed to some of the bigger resorts near by, because I don't think I would of had as much fun or been made to feel as comfy. There is a lovely beach really close the pool is great, and so is the bar. The people that work there are wonderful and I would definitely go back and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I was in a twin fan bungalow, it was clean the shower worked and it had its own hammock outside. Everything I needed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We loved our time at Shiralea while on Koh Phangan. The rooms are nice, and very clean. We booked one with air conditioning, which was really nice to beat the heat at night. It has a great pool, is very close to the beach, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. As well - there is a dive resort right on site, so you can do some dives very easily while staying here. The only thing to note is that if you are coming for the party scene on Koh Phangan, Shiralea is about 40 minutes away by taxi. We ended up moving partway through to try a different part of the island, and be a bit closer to Thong Sala and Hat Rin - but we ended up regretting it! Shiralea was just so nice - it's totally worth being a bit further away. We loved it here!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kalyso
Reviewed July 23, 2012

a crew of roughly 12 of us descended upon koh phangan for a new years adventure, and shiralea hit the spot!

friendly staff, awesome rooms, beautiful pool, excellent location. felt kinda like a home away from home.

Room Tip: looking over the pool for the win!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank backpackhack
Reviewed July 17, 2012

During my travels The Universe has provided me with a traveling family, Uncle Ian and Aunt Kate in Belize, Poppa Jonathan and Momma Alexandra in Haiti, and now the Shiralea Crew...I guess I will consider them cousins. I arrived at Shiralea fighting a gnarly hangover and was I was told I would have everything I needed in my room: a bed, a bathroom, and air con, which is completely accurate at Shiralea becuase I was NEVER in my room! Between the pool, the bar, the massage hut, and the short walk to the beach my gnarly hangover disappeared and the fun started. The Shiralea team goes out of their way to welcome you "home"; I had fun because they were having fun! The food was outstanding and I cant say enough about Joy and my favorite bartender in Thailand, Vee ("Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you ice cream...or vodka") Do not miss a massage at Shiralea, those ladies are talented and my back has never felt better. This place is a little gem in the jungle, don't even think about not staying here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2012

By far and away the best spot on the island. Staff are fantastic, atmosphere is friendly and lively, food is great, pool area is perfect.
If you go to Koh Phangan you must stay here, no question about it.
Keep up the good work Shiralea.

• Stayed: October 2011