I rate hotels on the basis of whether or not we would return. We only tend to stay in places that are four trip advisor stars and above, so with only two stars from us we would definitely not return and this is why:
1. We stayed in a standard room for 5 nights - it didn't even seem to be finished. There was exposed concrete walls and floors in places and other parts tiled.
2. The bathroom had ants and other insects crawling about it almost permanently.
3. We booked a room through hotels.com which included breakfast - when we arrived we were told we weren't allowed breakfast given the rate we had paid. Naturally I disagreed with this and I was told I would have to raise it with their marketing person who would be around on the evening of our first night. When I discussed this with the marketing chap, it became apparent he has absolutely no customer service skills whatsoever, told us we weren't getting breaky and that it was up to us to call hotels.com for them to explain what happened. Initially I refused to call hotels.com and told him to sort it but I caved in the end, called them and they didn't understand what the hotel was up to - we were told again that breaky was definitely included and that if necessary I should pay for it separately, they would refund it to me and claim it back from the hotel!
4. After the ridiculous ordeal to get breakfast, we were expecting something good but this place does not have a clue about how to serve a buffet style breakfast! Everything which should have been hot was absolutely stone cold - including the coffee (which was actually just luke warm). THE WORST PART IS THAT EVERY BIT OF THE FOOD (INCLUDING THE FRUIT ETC) HAD LARGE NUMBERS OF FLIES ALL OVER IT (using capitals for those skim reading). They just need to cover the stuff - would help keep it warm and the insects away.
5. The location is not good, it's a very very quiet area and there is really nothing apart from a 7/11, two or three fairly mediocre bars and a couple of shops within walking distance (which we knew about in advance but realised whilst we were there this is actually not suitable for us).
Good points (why it get the two stars and not one):
1. Restaurant served some very tasty, reasonably priced food for dinner.
2. Pool was nice but there are something like only 9 - 10 sun beds.
3. Sunsets sitting on the beach are very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Loyfa Natural resort is set within a private beach at Sri Thanu on the West coast of Koh phangan. Loyfa offers a range of value accommodation suitable for all comers looking fro fulfillment in the sand, sun and pleasures of the Tropical island & friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loyfa Natural Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loyfa Natural Hotel Koh Phangan