“Bruschetta to die for....Yummi”

La Dolce Vita - Ristorante & Lounge Beach Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Dolce Vita Koh Phangan is a place of emotion and indulgence. Sit down, relax and let yourself be whisked into the combination of delightful tastes, smells and colors coming from the meeting of the Italian cuisine and the ingredients of Thai tradition. The menu offers a rich selection of authentic Thai dishes, fresh seafood as well as an excellent range of Italian specialties with many types of homemade pasta and pizza. The sunsets here will leave you breathless. Sipping a cocktail at our new Beach Bar, enjoying the explosion of colors of both sky and sea is a unique experience.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

As I am from Frankfurt i am quit spoiled if it comes to italian restaurants in asia. But I have to admit that I had my best bruschetta ever in this little restaurant in Thailand. Andy and his crew are doing a great job with the food. Specialy the fish and seafood dishes are excellent and the pasta is great too. The restaurant also serves wonderfull thai food in a spectacular location right on the beach. Good italian wine selection which is rare to find in thailand.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is an exceptional restaurant with a staff who is well trained and genuinely cares about your experience. The Gnocchi with Gorgonzola is one of favorite dishes, the Italy wine is also a great value and delicious. The restaurant faces the west so the best time to go is about 20 min before sunset.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

After reading the TA reviews we decided to eat at La Dolce Vita. We had bruchettas as a starter with were nice. The carbonara pasta as a main dish was also ok but not brilliant.

Unfortunately, the lasagna we ordered was not so delicious. It was not tasty and had hard and crispy pieces of lasagna, probably because it was made in advance and was heated in a microwave/oven or something. We are no complainers, but when the owner asked us how the food was we told him about the lasagna. A couple of minutes later another staff member asked us again how the dinner was, and we told her about the lasagna as well. To our surprise, nothing was done with our comments. If this restaurant has no intentions of doing something with feedback, maybe the staff should stop asking how the dinner was. We left without dessert and would not eat here again.

Andyeboom, Direttore generale at La Dolce Vita - Ristorante & Lounge Beach Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear customer,
We are very sorry that your dinner experience at La Dolce Vita did not meet your expectations. We thrive to satisfy all of our guest but we realize that unfortunately it is not always possible.
I remember the night of your visit and of coming to ask you how was your food. Your husband had finished his carbonara and told me that he was very happy with it. I also remember you telling me that some parts of the top of the lasagna was a little bit crispy and hard.
Lasagna is one of our most popular dish. In high season we prepare a new one everyday. The night of your visit the lasagna was freshly made and was just out of the oven. The crispy top is due to the mozzarella and parmesan cooking and creating a crust that a lot of people enjoy.
Since you had almost finished the whole plate me and our head waitress did not realize that you were really unhappy with your meal. Otherwise I would of suggested that you change your main dish to something else or offered you dessert.
I am sure that our delicious homemade tiramisu or pannacotta would have ended your evening with us on a sweet note.

I apologize again for this misunderstanding .
Andy

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I loved this place.

Service was awesome, and the food was really, really good (I mean great!)

We were there a few times with our kids who are very lively boys and they were extremely accomodating.

I cannot say how much I loved the food, I really loved it. All home made and truly delicious.

Good value, I thought, for what we had and an excellent location right on the beach.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

On the beach, this restaurant is perfect for sunset dinner topped with a chill atmosphere. Very great location, but also a lovely and clean restaurant. We ate very well and the owner, who was very friendly, help us in our choice and it was yummy well presented and just enough for us.

1  Thank Chousoane