Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Pool
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Thongtapan Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Bamboo Bungalows(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Starlight Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Havana Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
2,133 results
All reviewsapple tvocean pool villaour honeymoonkoh phanganthe general managersmall villagespeedboat transferluna loungeocean frontlittle touchesprivate speed boatjip shopbeautiful beachsamui airportpool barlocal villagesun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had my 40th birthday at the Anantara Rasananda. I chose to have it there because we looked at the resort for our wedding but it was slightly outside our budget. However, they gave us a taster meal and the food was so good I knew I needed to do something there!

It can be hard to arrange an event for 36 people abroad but both Arnaud (Food & Beverage Manager) and Chef Don (Head Chef) were very helpful whilst I was still in England doing the planning.

They asked what type of menu I wanted for the day, sent through recommendations and made all the adjustments I wanted – including adding mango and sticky rice as a desert even though it’s not on their regular menu.

We dropped in to see the Anantara when we arrived on the island to check everything was in place. We made the table arrangements and discussed payment options.

Come the day, as expected, the food was awesome, the service was seamless, the drinks and food arrived quickly and everybody had a great afternoon. We chose a timed drinks package which, when it ran out, The Anantara didn’t hustle us to leave, we had all the time we wanted to finish up, use the pool and loungers and have after drinks at the pool bar.

I was very happy and the whole experience was very special for me – thank you Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Markus K, General Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Mr. Cuthbertson,

Thank you very much for celebrating your 40th birthday with your family and friends at our Resort. It is great to read how well Arnaud and Chef Don took care of your needs and it so wonderful that you and your guests had a great experience from the planning stage and throughout the event.

We look forward to see you again,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

It was the first 2 nights of our honeymoon, and couldn't have asked for a better kick off to our romantic get away. From the speedboat transfer from Koh Samui (really and truly worth it) to the welcome and check in, it was effortless and we didn't have to lift a finger. I had mentioned via email that it was our honeymoon and the gorgeous welcome of flower petals and leaves on the bed was such a beautiful touch and would have taken the staff hours. A bottle of bubbly was waiting for us also! We stayed in the Thai Villa was was lovely and spacious with the bathroom almost as big as the room. Downstairs we had a day bed with plunge pool. The only thing not so great about being on a jungle island is the mosquitos which seem to love me, but leave my husband right alone. I used a lot of Incognito natural spray which worked a treat!

The private beach with its silky soft white sand is what you find on postcards, with crystal clear and warm water it was heaven to swim in. Breakfasts are mind boggling here, anything you could ever dream of is there, exotic fruits, home made pastries, even noodles but you must try the Crab Benedict, yes you read right, the blue swimmer crab is a local speciality on Koh Phangan and it's just as you think, with soft toasted english muffin, deliciously sweet crab meat, 2 perfectly poached eggs and a creamy hollandaise sauce - simply divine!

We really didn't bother to leave the Anatara as there was no need, except for a walk down to the main town for a look. The dinner in the restaurant was fantastic, and I'm always a bit wary of hotel dinners but the food was great, and very authentic flavours. If you go, you MUST visit the Spa, it's magical bliss, we had the Anatara signature massage which was one of the best treatments I've ever had. My husband and I both had this and again although pricy for Thailand it was an absolute treat - just think to yourself 'because you're worth it' and make sure you book yourself in.

All in all we had a wonderful time, the head chef and manageress said good bye to us upon leaving, but to be honest I wish we had stayed a couple more nights. Only thing I regret is not getting an ocean suite (they look amazing!), and when we come back for our 5 year anniversary you can bet I'll be putting in 2 pence so we can stay in one!

Thanks to the amazing staff - superb!

Room Tip: We loved our room it was a Thai Villa set on 2 stories, it's very quiet wherever you go on the resort, it's bliss, so I don't think you'll have any issues with noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Leytonleslie,

Congratulations again and thank you for celebrating your honeymoon with us! We really enjoy to read about your arrival experience. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast offerings, especially the Crab Benedict and your experience with at our Anantara Spa.

We are looking so much forward to welcome you back to your 5th wedding anniversary!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great location. Not a far walk at all (5 min) into the little village behind resort, where you can find great restaurants and thai massages. The rooms are so spacious and beautiful. The hotel is hip and modern. They had a movie night on the sand with a projector. so great!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank d r
Markus K, General Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear d r,

Thank you very much for staying at our resort and thank you for posting about your experience. We in particular appreciate your comment about how spacious and beautiful our suites and villas are.

Our associates are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We recently returned from Thailand after getting married in this incredible hotel.

From the moment we stepped into the resort we felt looked after and extra special. We stayed at the resort for 7 nights and we didn't want to leave. The one thing that struck both my partner and myself about the resort was the staff and their commitment to the small details. The hotel itself, it an exceptional 5 star hotel. We stayed in the Ocean Pool Beach Villa room and it was spectacular, well maintained clean, Apple TV, surround sound, everything you would hope a 5 star hotel room to be.

What makes this stand hotel of from many other worldwide 5 star resorts is its staff and their commitment. They have a sommelier, who gave us great advice about wines to try and food and helped us pair up food, Don the Chef runs a efficient kitchen, producing food that is exceptional, so much so you won't want to go anywhere else!

In reference to our wedding everything was taken care of to perfection and Arnaud, who ran the day for us, made sure of this. The beach is stunning and overall it is a little bit of paradise that you will LOVE. A wonderful testament to such a well- managed establishment, that happy well-managed staff equals very happy customers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Markus K, General Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Congratulations and thank you again for choosing our resort for your Wedding. We love to read your posting and that we exceeded your high expectations, especially you mentioning about Chef Don and our F&B Manager Arnaud who made your celebration so special. We absolutely agree with you that a high associate satisfaction is fundamental to ensure great guest satisfaction and we are honored that you felt this way when staying with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We have stayed here three times and feel more than happy to comment on what is simply a wonderful hotel in a great location doing what it does very very well indeed.Professional management and staff make your stay a total pleasure.I could go on and on waxing lyrical on how good this place is but i'm not going to as we love it and hope you will too!!!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Markus K, General Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Big D,

Thank you very much for being a loyal customer to our resort and the Anantara brand! To return to our hotel the third time is one of the best compliments you can pay to us and we really appreciate your comments about the professionalism of our staff and management.

We are certainly looking forward welcoming you back soon again,

General Manger