Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas
$73
$60
Agoda.com
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
$137
Agoda.com
Milky Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)(Great Value!)
$31
$25
$188
Agoda.com
Salad Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
$27
Havana Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
$61
$56
Maehaad Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
$86
$18
$16
  • Pool
2,133 results
All reviewsapple tvocean pool villaour honeymoonkoh phanganthe general managersmall villagespeedboat transferluna loungeocean frontlittle touchesprivate speed boatjip shopbeautiful beachsamui airportpool barlocal villagesun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I have just arrived home after the best 2week holidays ever in Thailand with my girl. We visited the Anantara Rasananda for 5 days and it was the best decision of the trip. I would try to explain why my stay was so amazing.

Firstly, location of the hotel is incredible just between a paradise beach and the beautiful Thai jungle.

The second positive point are the rooms and the hotel facilities. Our Ocean Garden Pool Suit was simply PERFECT! (I let you some photos I was able to took from the room). Breakfast buffet and restaurant is quite good, with a great variety of Thai and international food.

But the best part, the reason why i think this hotel is better than others I have previously visited, was the hotel staff. Seriosly, I have been in other 5star hotels and staff here is the best I have ever met. Drivers, housekeeping staff, receptionist, waiters and waitress, managers....they are all very efficient and nice with the guest, specially an european girl on charge of the guess relations. She made our stay and activities in Koh Phangan really easy.

So I can only recommend you to visit the hotel if you are planning to travel to Thailand. Hopefully I will be able to repeat the future.

I let you some photos from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
Farah J, Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Frcosme,

Thank you indeed for sharing your experience and for praising our facilities as well as our team of dedicated hoteliers. Rest assured that we will relay your comments to all and that we will keep on creating long lasting memories.

We look forward to welcome you back should you decide to visit the beautiful island of Koh Phangan in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed at the Rasanda in June for one week and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been meaning the write a review so here it is.

We arrived by speedboat in the middle of a dreadful downpour. The staff came to meet us with umbrellas and we were escorted up to the lounge. The welcome was very warm indeed with the GM and the assistant manager taking the time the greet all the new arrivals. Our room wasn't ready so we were treated to a head and neck message in the Spa. We had booked a an Ocean Pool Villa which was beautiful but didn't come without issues.

There were lightbulbs not working in our room which is my absolute pet hate as it should be included in simple checks when the room is being cleaned between guests. The beautiful stone bath which was the centrepiece of the huge bathroom appeared gloomy and unappealing in the half light created by the lack of working bulbs.

We knew the villa was situated on a public beach and not totally private but this was no problem for us. However our issue was the hotel staff placed four extra sun loungers on the beach at the bottom of our pool and decking. We literally opened our doors to four faces staring back at us on our first morning. We let it go the first day assuming it was hotel guests who had positioned them but then found the hotel staff positioning them like that the next morning! None of the other private villas seemed to have the audience we did.

All the above issues were sorted out by the assistant manager quickly and graciously. Normally I wouldn't mention it because I believe a hotel has the chance the rectify a simple mistake but lightbulbs I'll always mention and the loungers, well that was just very odd indeed.

Apart from the above the room was wonderful as were the staff and general service around he hotel. The breakfast was nice (not the best nor by far the worst). Food at the restaurant was delicious but the bar lacked atmosphere in the evening. For a tiny village there are some wonderful restaurants to visit in the evening.

Would I stay here again? Yes but in a lower rate room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David M

Dear David M,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and for pinpointing the required adjustment into the positioning of our sun loungers. Please allow me to relay as well my regrets for the technical setback in your villa noted on your arrival, our team has been re-trained on these issues since June.

It is also good to read that you have had a most enjoyable stay with us and that you could leave our resort with fond memories. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again on our shores.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Fabulous and one of the best resort experiences I've ever had. Service was impeccable and everything about the resort is first class. We were upgraded for our anniversary to the garden pool suite which was wonderful. Only suggestion for the hotel is it's a bit dark so some extra lamps would be good. Bed could be bigger (a queen v king) but it was very comfortable. Otherwise the room and outdoor garden was spacious, elegant and extremely relaxing.

These guys nail the little touches. Every day you're given complimentary vodka, whiskey and gin and a note with the dessert of the day. Food was excellent (the bacon cheeseburger is out of this world and worth the calories). Breakfast was a delightful experience with a huge buffet spread and the eggs benedict station is great.

Happy hour on the beach is a delight and they put out wonderful big cushions on the beach which are excellent to sink into with a drink. There was fun beach entertainment every night we were there including a cool DJ from the US and fire dancer.

Location is perfect on a pristine quiet beach and there is a great variety of cheaper restaurants and massage places 5 min walk away so you're not totally stuck paying resort prices.

The staff went to great lengths to greet us by name and make us feel taken care of. Clientele was great-lots of interesting travelers but no messy loud groups and very few children so nice and quiet for couples w/o kids. We took the speedboat transfer back to Koh Samui which was flawless.

10/10. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vagabonder2013,

It was a pleasure to read you and thank you indeed for sharing your experience. I am glad to have the opportunity to communicate to our team your most positive comments.

It seems as well that we will have a chance to serve you yet on another occasion which we very much look forward for and hopefully very soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

No comment apart that we experienced better than expected! From our check in time and during the whole time of our stay the entire staff, the facilities, the Resort's localization and luckily perfect weather made our stay wonderful! We were advised to go there by some friends and will definitely go back again! Miss you already Anantara!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Farah J, Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear pimous05,

We would like to thank you for your most positive review on TripAdvisor and i am glad to read that you have left our Resort with fond memories. We are delighted to learn that we keep on being being recommended by our past guests as a prime destination.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little corner of Paradise.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently took a trip to Thailand to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and this was easily one of the more amazing highlights of our journey. The hotel was nothing short or spectacular. The staff was ALWAYS friendly and helpful. The room knocked us off of our feet when we arrived. They had fruits, champagne, and a beautiful array of rose petals waiting for us. We chose the 2nd floor pool suite on the beach, so we had our own private pool on our deck overlooking the beach.
They provided us with a reserved set of beach chairs, an umbrella, and towels. The ocean water was so unbelievably warm and calm.
If you don't mind losing a bit of privacy, I would recommend staying in one of the first floor beachfront suites, which has the outdoor bed right on the beach. The beach really was gorgeous and quiet, we really had a nice little section to ourselves.
The food and service was top notch. It is a bit more expensive than the other areas of Thailand we visited, but it feels way more luxurious, as opposed to street food. We ate a great dinner on the beach while being entertained by fire dancers.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone, I couldn't stop talking about it when we got home. We weren't sure about choosing Koh Phangan over Koh Samui but it was definitely the right choice for a relaxing getaway. From the moment we arrived until we departed we were very well taken care of. The concierge helped us plan a day trip and was super nice and helpful.
We loved it so much we are thinking about doing it all over again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jordanyaeger,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the whole team you just praised for your comment on TripAdvisor. Your words surely describe the service philosophy genuinely followed by our associates each day, it was a pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you.

With the hope to see you again at the Anantara Rasananda Villa Resort & Spa in a not too distant future.