I had a garden villa at the Anantara, which was large and comfortable. The room is well equipped with apple tv, some spirits and a lovely plunge pool.
The spa is excellent, beautiful and the massages are great ( I lived in Thailand so I tried a lot of spas). Ths one is one of the best spa I have ever been to.
The beach is beautiful, and nearly private. The biggest part of the beach is dedicated to the hotel sunbeds, the white sand is gorgeous. No beach vendors to bother you every five minutes in order to sell you ice creams, sarongs, carved pieces of wood, fake buddhas etc.
But above everything, it is the service that is brilliant in this hotel. I was a difficult customer, requesting particular attention due to a broken elbow ( did not happen whilst I staid at the resort by the way), and all staff welcomed me as a family member or as if I was a celebrity. Fabulous. I had a tough time considering the pain and wearing an heavy and disgraceful cast, but all the staff took a great care of me, with a lot of care and warmth and made my stay enjoyable.
I could not thank all the staff enough, and also congratulate them all for their professionalism. Additionnally, their english is good, which is quite unusual in Thailand.
A particular thank you to the front desk manager and her team, and khun Tua in the restaurant (I hope I got the name right), as well to the house keeping team and their manager. All excellent.
The hotel is very well managed, with the GM always around, looking also after the customers. Any issue is fixed quickly ( i ad trouble with air con in my room late in the night and they sent straight the engineers at 11pm to fix the problem).
The breakfast is also good, although i wished they had waffles or crepes available ( but this is picky)
The resort is next to a small village with few restaurants and shops.
Overall, a very nice stay. I will definitely be back.
I also recommend the speed boat transfer, this saves significant time as it takes only 30 min and is much nicer than a painful ride in bumpy roads in the jungle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan