After an accommodation emergency on the night of the Full Moon, I booked into the Anantara Rasananda at the very last minute! Unsure what to expect, the bumpy journey through the jungle gave little away, yet I was delighted to arrive at this little piece of paradise!
The staff were very welcoming, with the customary Anantara colour changing cocktail and complimentary flower, yet it did seem to take longer than necessary to check in considering all the staff on hand.
The resort is beautifully designed in a contemporary Thai style that is both stylish and comfortable and the pool which cascades down through the resort on to the beach front is a really good size. But the real highlight were the 'suite villa's' which are very spacious; with a large bathroom, courtyard, outdoor plunge pool, large walk in wardrobe and small kitchenette. All in all, it was brilliant value to say I had booked on the day and incidentally this was the day of the full moon when many resorts inflate their prices.
The only downside I have to mention is that when I had difficulty with my air conditioning in the middle of the night, and called room service, I was told to call back in the morning. Fortunately, disaster was averted when I got it working but I did mention this to the reception staff in the morning and they were very apologetic and explained that this was due to me calling in the middle of a shift swap and therefore the person I spoke to wasn't reception staff.
This aside, it is a beautiful resort and in a lovely setting... I intend to go back again and this time to check out the spa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan