We have just returned ( April 2013) from a wonderful week in this resort. On arrival by private speedboat - well worth the slight extra as it gives you a quicker check in and later check out - we were met by several members of staff who made us all, my wife, daughter an myself, feel very welcome. We stayed in a beach front ocean pool villa. When shown to the room it was just perfect. Several people on here have stated that they felt these rooms are not private, yes people can walk across the beach but it just ain't an issue as they are slightly elevated and protected by shrubbery at the front. Room 8 was our villa and I would recommend. The benefit is you can just trott out of your room straight onto the beach. Brilliant.
We did have a couple of slight issues than when brought to the attention of the staff were delt with instantly and professionally, no way could you fault anyone for that. Not that we like to single out any particular individual as if you go you will find ALL the staff on this resort are super, but I must mention Caspar Wesener the Food & Beverage Manger his attention to detail and comunication in dealing with our slight issue is the best customer service I have ever encountered, well done.
Here are some of the points:-
Rooms faultless and very clean, perfectly furnished
Staff friendly and helpful and informative regarding the full resort
Hotel very well situated, quiet and accessible
Breakfast was not to fussy but plentiful with all tastes catered for
Beautiful well kept grounds very clean
Modern and current bar with experienced staff
Fabulous spa with very well trained staff, in beautiful settings
Well equipped gym
All in all my view of this resort I very high, the staff are fantastic and the place is very memorable. We hardly ever consider returning to anywhere as there are so many places to visit. We have been lucky enough to visit and stay at some of the greatest places ever, Raffels Hotel, The Burj, Baros in the Maldives to name a few, the Anantara Rasananda can compete with them all an will return. This place is a must on anyone's travel list. A big well done to all the staff.
The only slight down side is, as all these high class places, they are more expensive for food and drink than the outside restaurants and bars, the other side to this is that cats don't jump on the tables were you eat and drink!! Although Koh Phangan is a fabulous little island and perfect setting well worth visiting.
WARNING do not use The Jip Shop for motorcycle rental as they come in cheap and then rip you off saying that you damaged it!!! AVOID.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan