Anantara Rasananda surpassed all our expectations. We wer already very excited before our trip due to all the great Tripadvisor reviews and the beautiful pictures on the website, but that was all nothing compared to the real experience.
Our room (lagoon villa) was located in the garden of the resort, surrounded by beautiful ponds with lots of Koi carps in it. The room and bathroom were in superb shape, and the little garden with plunge-pool and chill-out pavilion were great to relax. Apple TV was also a nice addition with a nice choice of free movies.
Hotel guests came from all different nations which was very pleasant not to be surrounded by Germany, American or Russians only. They were also of mixed age and there was a good mix of couples and families (not too much kids, though, so don't be afraid to be disturbed in any way. You won't be in this resort).
Food is excellent, the breakfast provides for everything that you might be longing for, and the bar menu for lunch and dinner is also perfect. Check out the Sea and Salt buffet if available. It's awesome.
The beach is beautiful with only four or five resorts being located at this bay with Anantara having the greatest share of the beach right in the middle of it. The sea was pretty rough at the end of January still, so do not expect a calm and turquoise sea between Novemeber and midth of February. There is a nice town very near to the resort in walking distance with a lot of options for dining and massage. Be sure to check out Luna lounge which is operated by a French guy who really cares about style and food. Better than sex is also a good dining option; check out the green fish curry from the specialties menu, it's delicious.
If you like dogs and cats the bay and village will be your paradise. There are a lot of dogs at the village and some nice ones at the beach, all of which are very charming and will welcome your company if you care of them. Otherwise they won't bother you, though. Animals are not allowed in the resort but the staff is very animal-friendly like all of the village people and if you take a shine to one of the dogs nobody will bother you when the dogs lie next to your sun-lounger at the beach. Look out for a black dog and a big white/yellow dog, they are the nicest ones!!
Overall it was one of the most relaxing weeks that we ever had and we will definitely come back again some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan