The good: staff are well trained and the general manager is very friendly. Too bad the hardware is poor and they decide to charge such a high price.
We had to take a 40 minute car ride from one side of the island to the other because, as told by the hotel staff, the waves were too high to use the port nearby the hotel. The car ride was excruciating as a large part of the road was not paved. As a result both my son and wife suffered from motion sickness after upon arriving the hotel.
The hardware in the hotel is average, not luxurious. There is only one restaurant in the hotel and its menu is very limited. Although there are a couple of restaurants nearby that are worth a try, e.g. Luna Lounge where the food was great and the French owner was very hospitable.
The sand on the beach was very rough and made it uncomfortable to walk barefooted. And as the waves were really high, swimming looked a little too dangerous with my 3 year old son. And the beach actually has a sign that says "Danger. Do Not Swim".
The pool in the pool villa is more like a large bathtub that is incomparable to other pool villas that we've been to. Overall, not impressed at all. So around USD800 per night per villa (from Jan 2 to Jan 6), we're definitely not going back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan