Arrived at the lovely welcome lounge at the jetty, and were impressed by the shower facility, welcome drink, and check in completion whilst we waited for the speedboat transfer! Would have been a little fed up with the long wait ( transfer time would have meant 2 hours) however we took off sooner as there was bad weather closing in! Arrived at the lovely wide beach in front of the hotel, and were quickly shown to our beach front pool villa. Wonderful 1st floor(very private), beautifully furnished room with big terrace and plunge pool. Complimentary spirits provided in room were a nice touch. Also beach bag, flip flops, slippers, robes. The tropical gardens with koi carp ponds, and wooden pathways lead to the main pool, restaurant & bar. There is also a gym, library, and spa. Breakfasts are wonderful, taken at tables under the palm trees, and with feet in the soft sand, bliss! The beach front properties have reserved beds on the beach, there are many reviews with comments about this, and although we did have our allocated beds, I think the hotel could provide for all villas, there is plenty of room along the wide beach frontage. The spa was stunning, built into huge boulders in the hillside with wooden walkways, and ponds. The signature massage is heavenly, although very overpriced. the advertised special of the day, on the daily activities sheet, was always a Thai massage. When we raised this on day 4 (the first time we saw the covering manager, the GM was on holiday), we were offered discount on a treatment of our choice, and learnt that there were other daily specials. Tip, go ask, although I would suggest the hotel could do a better job of advertising this in villas, and should review the packages they offer for the duration of hotel stays. The restaurant menu was very good, although we seldom ate in the hotel, we ate in the inexpensive and traditional little restaurants in the village right on the hotel's doorstep. In summary, great spot, lovely rooms, nice touches, friendly service, laid back, spa beautiful but too expensive, we would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan